Need A Column Topic

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About an hour ago, watching the first couple of levels of the WSOP at Daniel's table, there were a couple of hands in which Daniel raised to $150 and $300, and another player went all in for $5,000 and $10,000. When Daniel said "I bet $150 and you're all in for $5,000?" another player said, "that's poker!" Daniel then said, "No, that's not poker!"Seems like he had a few online players at his table.
LOL. That was classic. Daniel says it just like it is! :club:

Tough question, so I'm going to go with playing suited connectors out of position: Playing Suited Connectors out of Position Hands like 5h 6h or 9s 10s can be fun to play, especially when you hit a big flop and make a straight or a flush in a really big pot, but while these hands have a lot of potential in them, you need to be careful that you don’t let your stack bleed by playing too many suited connectors in bad situations. There is a key reason why it’s generally best to play these types of hands from late position rather than early position. If you’ve ever read a hold’em poker book I’m sure you’ve been beaten to death with the idea that position is power. Well let me beat you over the head with it one more time by illustrating how much more difficult it is to play suited connectors out of position. In order to successfully make money with hands like 6h 7h you need to be able to control the pot size so that you aren’t investing too much money before the flop, or investing too much money after the flop when you have a drawing hand. Generally speaking, it’s difficult to control the pot size when you are out of position. Only 500 words to go!

Tough question, so I'm going to go with playing suited connectors out of position: Playing Suited Connectors out of Position
Keep in mind that there are already a few articles like this out there. You could always look them over to ensure that you're taking a different perspective or adding something extra:http://www.google.com/search?q=playing+sui...lient=firefox-a
Keep in mind that there are already a few articles like this out there. You could always look them over to ensure that you're taking a different perspective or adding something extra:http://www.google.com/search?q=playing+sui...lient=firefox-a
When I talk about something it usually is a different perspective anyway so I don't pay much attention to what others have written. I just finished the column and I think it's got a few nuggets in there that haven't been discussed.
When I talk about something it usually is a different perspective anyway so I don't pay much attention to what others have written. I just finished the column and I think it's got a few nuggets in there that haven't been discussed.
WOW Finished already 700 words in 20 min.......................don't think I will be reading that 1 then!!!!!!!!!! JK
When and where do we get to read this one Daniel?

By the way, thanks for the suggestions guys, much appreciated. The column in a nutshell:-Play suited connectors from late position preferrably-Play some from all positions to stay unpredictable-Play draws meekly out of position on the flop. Betting only make the pot bigger (a no-no) and check-raising exposes yourself to making a large investment without even seeing the next card in some situations. Checking and calling may seem like a weak option, but that's the point in a sense. It's the best option of three bad ones. You'll often be in those spots out of position, and if you over play them it'll eat away at your stack.

DN, will you be in Vegas 1/27-31? Any chance of you playing in the big game at that time?
Based on the info here:http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...c=83857&hl=Daniel plans on being in Atlantic City, NJ from 01/25 through 01/30 (assuming that he final tables the WPT main event. It's good to plan on being successful).http://www.theborgata.com/Main.cfm?Categor...5C5CD980271EB8B