PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownMP1 ($97.50)MP2 ($243.70)Hero ($164.40)CO ($16)Button ($97)SB ($79)BB ($126.85)UTG ($69.25)UTG+1 ($119.35)Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Adiamond.gif, Aheart.gif. 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $1, MP1 raises to $4, MP2 calls $4, Hero raises to $7, 4 folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls $3, MP2 calls $3.Flop: ($23.50) Aspade.gif, 7heart.gif, 8heart.gif(3 players)MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $6, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $12, Hero calls $6.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownMP1 ($97.50)MP2 ($243.70)Hero ($164.40)CO ($16)Button ($97)SB ($79)BB ($126.85)UTG ($69.25)UTG+1 ($119.35)Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Adiamond.gif, Aheart.gif. 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $1, MP1 raises to $4, MP2 calls $4, Hero raises to $7, 4 folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls $3, MP2 calls $3.Flop: ($23.50) Aspade.gif, 7heart.gif, 8heart.gif(3 players)MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $6, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $12, Hero calls $6.
You raise more preflop, and you bet something on the flop that won't give everyone in a 10 mile radius the odds to call you. You want to put pressure on AK, JJ, QQ, and KK preflop.
I agree with trystero completely....You raise more preflop, because most people that raise are very willing to put in at least 2-3 times more than what they bet. For some reason people get stubborn, take it personally, and feel like they can take a ton of money from you when you re-raise them pre-flop. Also, it helps define their hand better and gives JJ-KK/AK a chance to shove depending on how crazy they are. And, with a third player possibly coming in you have to make it expensive....AA 3-handed usually isn't a lot of fun to play.On that flop, you gotta bet more. Anytime I see someone re-raise preflop and only bet a tiny fraction of the pot on the flop, I know they have a monster and will usually elect to call down with TP good kicker(even though i know I should probably fold). The big problem though, is that you are giving any SD/FD absolutely incredible odds to call and hit. Once you get raised, I also think you should re-raise. Villain seems to like his hand, and I think he is either sitting on a draw, an ace, or a set. So, if you re-raise on the flop you are probably at least getting called and sometimes he might even push. All in all, I think you are getting way too tricky for your own good. Players at .5/1 don't need to be tricked to make mistakes. Play straight forward poker and they'll pay you off more often than not IMO.

Pretty much agree with the previous replies.Raise to $20 or $25 Pre Flop...Initiate post flop with a bigger bet (at the minimum the size of the pot), or at least come over the top on that raise - I'd even consider a push rather that that call.

A pot size raise preflop would be to $18.50. I think that is reasonable, although anything up to $25 is ok. As played, you are pricing in every possible hand, and you are normally going to have a tough time playing this postflop.Given your small raise preflop, I would definitely be betting around $20 on that flop. The 7 :club: 8 :D on there means there are a lot of potential draws that can pay you.The problem with just calling his min raise is that you certainly have the best hand now. However, if he has a made hand (77, 78, etc.) he will pay you off if you raise now. If a scare card comes on the turn you might not get all his money because you would both be concerned about the flush/straight possibility. If however he has a draw, he will only get more money in generally when he is ahead (when he hits his straight/flush). This is not a good situation to let someone 'catch up' because if he does, he will beat you. You should make him pay to see the turn if he has a draw and you want to try and get all the money in now if he has a made hand.

I really hate when players play AA like this. You are pricing in about 90% of potential holdings preflop. I see players play AA like this all the time and then whine and cry when 99 flops a set. Not saying ur like that but it is just a fundamental mistake here.

I'd really like to know what Hero's table image is, and what kind of reads you have on the intelligence levels and betting styles of the rest of the table. Because how you make the most money from aces greatly depends on what everyone else expects you to do, and what the table usually plays like.If you have an aggressive table image, and the table is generally smart, you should be making big bets to make people assume you're just being your old aggressive self to induce mediocre calls. If your table is full of maniacs, just check and call and let them do the betting for you. If you're at a table of rocks, the minimum re-raise is the right play. If you're at a table of loose/passive fish, value bet the hell out of it and get them pot-committed.

I would three bet the flop a decent amount, I have found that many times flop min raises are trying to get people to three bet to $35 or something. Hopefully he flopped a set and will come along, if he has a big draw he will push. If he has nothing you probably aren't getting much from him anyway.

I would three bet the flop a decent amount, I have found that many times flop min raises are trying to get people to three bet to $35 or something. Hopefully he flopped a set and will come along, if he has a big draw he will push. If he has nothing you probably aren't getting much from him anyway.
It is amazing how many times a player has to realize this after flopping big hands. Unless you're playing a complete idiot, or appear to be playing like a complete idiot to everyone else, then you aren't getting action most of the time because nobody has anything. I guess a lot of it is your image and your betting pattern. If you are consistenly betting small amounts on the flop, then I like the bet, but if you made it tiny because "you wanted to keep him in" then I hate it. So often players fluctuate their bet amount on the flop based on "wanting" a player in/out, and most intelligent players will pick up on it IMO.
If you're at a table of rocks, the minimum re-raise is the right playI disagree. I'll justify that opinion if you like, but I shouldn't think it's necessary.
Rocks or not, I always play my aces hard. I can't recall a time when I didn't. And they don't get cracked a whole lot, either.
I'd really like to know what Hero's table image is, and what kind of reads you have on the intelligence levels and betting styles of the rest of the table. Because how you make the most money from aces greatly depends on what everyone else expects you to do, and what the table usually plays like.If you have an aggressive table image, and the table is generally smart, you should be making big bets to make people assume you're just being your old aggressive self to induce mediocre calls. If your table is full of maniacs, just check and call and let them do the betting for you. If you're at a table of rocks, the minimum re-raise is the right play. If you're at a table of loose/passive fish, value bet the hell out of it and get them pot-committed.
MP1 is a 29/7/0.6 MP2 is a 45/12/1.5 both over 90 hands.In general I play tight, traping a lot and have a bit of a case of FPS but not too bad when playing 4-6 tables.Against these players I had a VP$IP of about 11 so I think they saw me as a rock if they were awake.I agree that the flop could have been bet harderHere is the turn and river.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownMP1 ($97.50)MP2 ($243.70)Hero ($164.40)CO ($16)Button ($97)SB ($79)BB ($126.85)UTG ($69.25)UTG+1 ($119.35)Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Adiamond.gif, Aheart.gif. 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $1, MP1 raises to $4, MP2 calls $4, Hero raises to $7, 4 folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls $3, MP2 calls $3.Flop: ($23.50) Aspade.gif, 7heart.gif, 8heart.gif(3 players)MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $6, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $12, Hero calls $6.Turn: ($47.50) Tspade.gif(2 players)MP2 bets $25, Hero raises to $50, MP2 raises to $224.7, Hero calls $95.40 (All-In).River: ($417.60) Kdiamond.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $417.60

MP2 is 45? Wow. In that case, I'd definitely re-raise more pre-flop. Stick in another 15 or so, and let him make a donk call. After that flop, I'm betting too.Since MP2 sees so many flops, but seems to not raise a lot, that makes him a generally loose player, who probably just got very lucky by sucking someone out to win all of those chips. So I say bet the hell out of the flop. The flop is draw-heavy, and he's loose anyway, so he's going to call you with a lot of stuff. I'd bet about $20 here, and force him to make a call against the odds.With the way that you personally played the flop, I'm re-raising to somewhere around 35 to 40. If you flat call, you're just asking for him to hit a draw and win lots of chips off of you by betting the suck-out. Put the heat on him, and force him to make a bad call.What is really strange to me about the flop, though, is the check/min raise. That is VERY fishy. I can't see someone making that bet with a draw, unless it's a HUGE draw like an open-ended straight flush draw... surely a straight semi-bluff would be for more. I'm putting him on either 2 pair or a lower set, and throwing a huge bet back at him. With any luck, he'll push all-in over top of you and you've got him. With him playing loosely, betting heavily is the only correct play IMO. His behavior suggests to me that he flopped a decent hand, and he's probably not going to be able to get away from it. Sick it to him!

Please stop minraising. Seriously.Don't minraise PF.Don't bet 1/4 of the pot on the DRAW HEAVY flop.People seem to love to call bets, so why not make them call bigger bets? Value is your friend. Don't be afraid everyone is going to fold to a strong bet. If they do, then you are playing your non-nut hands way to soft as well.- Zach

OPYou usually seem to have a lot knowledge and insight. And thus I wonder how you could have possibly played any street worse. I don't see any sort of trap at all. This was a poorly played hand but I still hope you won.I can't get past the min raise pf. Honestly when I try to look at the hand I just get fixed on it. Wait now that I look closer. You min raised pf, villian min raised flop, you min raised turn. Wow.

OPYou usually seem to have a lot knowledge and insight. And thus I wonder how you could have possibly played any street worse. I don't see any sort of trap at all. This was a poorly played hand but I still hope you won.I can't get past the min raise pf. Honestly when I try to look at the hand I just get fixed on it. Wait now that I look closer. You min raised pf, villian min raised flop, you min raised turn. Wow.
I know. This hand makes me puke in my mouth a bit.
yuck.go play low stakes, play blind...work on position...then try to use that knowledge in your normal games.played pretty yucky on all streets.:<- Jordan
come on jordon is this really productive... Aucu is a good player and we all f'up hands really bad from time to time. Or at least offer how you would play the hand.

Well this has been a bit like a public stoning for me but a deserved one, at least remembering this will help me not to play my pockets so week.For those asking for the results its hand #7650574301