Giving Props To Joe Hachem

I agree he cant be considered in the poker elite catagory yet, but that doesn't mean he'd be an underdog to Negreanu heads up either. I personally think Hachem is one of the best in the world RIGHT now. It's kinda like Pujols...not a Hall of Famer, but certainly on his way. Negreanu vs. Hachem would have been great, because of their contrasting styles. I think D.N. would have won if Hachem was card dead, but lost if Hachem had cards. Negreanu doesn't need cards.
My whole point of the OP was that Hachem just hasnt had the experience HU because of the lack of 2nd and first place finishes. That is all. Could Hachem win? Of course its possible. Who would I put my money on any day of the week and three times on Sunday? Daniel. He has proven it by the number of wins. That is all. Like I said, if Hachem starts racking up wins and PROVES he is a top heads up player then, AGAIN, he can be thrown in the conversation with the previously noted. Until then he is just a great player with more to prove. Has he proven a lot already? Of course. He has accomplished a lot and done more than any of the other no-name main event winners of recent past, but that has simply put his name on the list of potential Elites. I think Jeff Madsen, Nick Schulman, and Tuan Le are on that list as well, but I wouldnt consider any of them ELITE. The difference between them and Hachem is obviously the Main Event win. Amazing how many doors winning 7.5 mill and a main event title will open.
My whole point of the OP was that Hachem just hasnt had the experience HU because of the lack of 2nd and first place finishes. That is all. Could Hachem win? Of course its possible. Who would I put my money on any day of the week and three times on Sunday? Daniel. He has proven it by the number of wins. That is all. Like I said, if Hachem starts racking up wins and PROVES he is a top heads up player than, AGAIN, he can be thrown in the conversation with the previously noted. Until then he is just a great player with more to prove. Has he proven a lot already? Of course. He has accomplished a lot and done more than any of the other no-name main event winners of recent past, but that has simply put his name on the list of potential Elites. I think Jeff Madsen, Nick Schulman, and Tuan Le are on that list as well, but I wouldnt consider any of them ELITE. The difference between them and Hachem is obviously the Main Event win. Amazing how many doors winning 7.5 mill and a main event title will open.
I agree he's not yet elite or a Poker HOF. But I think he's great and I actually thought he would win when there were 33 to go. If I had to pick one player it would be him right now. He did really good at this years WSOP as well.

You also have to remember that Hachem has only been playing tournaments seriously since his 05 win. With the names mentioned above, they have many more tournaments under their belt. While I dont think he can be among the elite, it wont be long before he is put up there if he continues at this pace

Hachem PWNS.Raymer PWNS.MoneyMaker suxors.Jamie Gold = luck box.I don't feel like making an educated response right now, so i give you this.BTW, in my mind, if Hachem has as good of a year at the WSOP next year as he did this year/last year... then he's definitely not a fluke.

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi is embarrassing and should have been left at the 2000 olympics. As for JH, the guy obviously has game.
QFTIf he can write a book, make a video, maybe play in HSP then maybe I will give him the credit that Robert Varkoni was robbed of.

Hey guys, I've only been playing at FCP for a few weeks now. I've been very entertained over the last few days readying a lot of the posts on this forum, some of the things ppl say are quite hilarious. I've gotten some funny looks from the girls in my office as I started to bust out laughing a few times. Anyways, I'm also a big fan of DN and think that he deserves everyhing he has accomplished. I do however think some of you guys are being pretty hard on Joe Hachem. Based on his achievements so far, I think that he can be considered one of the best, certainly better than most. Considering how great the odds are against someone winning just one WSOP or WPT event, the fact that he's accomplished both feats, as well as the other tournaments he's won, are proof enough that he should be included as one of poker's elite. As far as Hachem vs DN heads up?DN would eat him alive!

Bologna smells like rhino ball-sweat... :club::D Dont ask...it was a long summer.

Does anyone know what (if any) tourneys Joe is playing in early 2007? Obviously he'll be on hand for the Aussie Millions.Is DN making the trip to Australia this year? Or any other of the big wigs?FWIW - I think Hachem has had a good grounding playing in some reasonably tough games in Melbourne, and ATM would have to be considered close to an elite player. A solid showing at the 2007 WSOP (a final table or two and/or another good showing in the ME) and cashes or FTs in other big events would surely bump him up to the "elite" level.

About the HU Hachem vs Negreanu debate thats been going on.Keep in mind that this was a WPT final table so the structure is really fast, so it would have gone to ever caught the cards.However if it was HU in a tournament with a decent structure at the end, it would be a different story.

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi is embarrassing and should have been left at the 2000 olympics. As for JH, the guy obviously has game.
What, like your dumbass "USA! USA! USA!"?But, I forgot, you guys run the world, and anyone else who has any shade of success should shut up. And as for the idiot who said all the Australian fans wouldn't want Hachem heads up with Negreanu, you're wrong. On an Australian message board I frequent, that's exactly what we were hoping for.It's all well and good to say "OH LOLZ DANIEL WOULD HAVE CRUSHED HACHEM HEADS UP LOLLL!!!!" like the fanboys you are, but Joe won, Daniel didn't. And you can list Daniel's achievements, and Ivey's, Juanda's etc. etc. but winning the Main Event one year, and a WPT event the next is impressive. But of course, he'll always be a luckbox, because he isn't American.Well, maybe that's going too far, but I'm sure Balloon Guy would agree with that.
What, like your dumbass "USA! USA! USA!"?But, I forgot, you guys run the world, and anyone else who has any shade of success should shut up. And as for the idiot who said all the Australian fans wouldn't want Hachem heads up with Negreanu, you're wrong. On an Australian message board I frequent, that's exactly what we were hoping for.It's all well and good to say "OH LOLZ DANIEL WOULD HAVE CRUSHED HACHEM HEADS UP LOLLL!!!!" like the fanboys you are, but Joe won, Daniel didn't. And you can list Daniel's achievements, and Ivey's, Juanda's etc. etc. but winning the Main Event one year, and a WPT event the next is impressive. But of course, he'll always be a luckbox, because he isn't American.Well, maybe that's going too far, but I'm sure Balloon Guy would agree with that.
Um..... if you had looked properly, you may have seen that the guy who said that... was from Australia.
Does anyone know what (if any) tourneys Joe is playing in early 2007? Obviously he'll be on hand for the Aussie Millions.Is DN making the trip to Australia this year? Or any other of the big wigs?FWIW - I think Hachem has had a good grounding playing in some reasonably tough games in Melbourne, and ATM would have to be considered close to an elite player. A solid showing at the 2007 WSOP (a final table or two and/or another good showing in the ME) and cashes or FTs in other big events would surely bump him up to the "elite" level.
Joe's playing the PokerStars Caribbean Adventure in beginning of January. Probably the rest of the WPT events now that he's ended the boycott. As I've said earlier...Bravo Joe.
Get off our Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, it's equally as annoying as USA, USA, USA. I think Joe Hachem further proves that Australia, a nation of a mere 20 million people, produces the highest rate of sporting success per capita in the world. This victory caps off a great 2006 in which we have outperformed all expectations at the football world cup, taken out the womens basketball world championship, won the ICC champsions trophy and the ashes in cricket, our golfers have won major events and sit firmly in the top 10 and numerous other achievements, too many to mention. We finished 4th at the 2004 olympics behind only Russia (145 million people), China (1b+), USA (300m). We fight well out of our weight class in many sports and we have a unique spirit and battling attitude that allows us to succeed. So we will yell it with pride thank you very much! AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!
Get off our Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, it's equally as annoying as USA, USA, USA. I think Joe Hachem further proves that Australia, a nation of a mere 20 million people, produces the highest rate of sporting success per capita in the world. This victory caps off a great 2006 in which we have outperformed all expectations at the football world cup, taken out the womens basketball world championship, won the ICC champsions trophy and the ashes in cricket, our golfers have won major events and sit firmly in the top 10 and numerous other achievements, too many to mention. We finished 4th at the 2004 olympics behind only Russia (145 million people), China (1b+), USA (300m). We fight well out of our weight class in many sports and we have a unique spirit and battling attitude that allows us to succeed. So we will yell it with pride thank you very much! AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!
sw?
yeah it's true, aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi is our chant and only our chant. lol. it's come to be a 'sporting anthem' over the years lol... but yeah well done hachem, played well to win it, goes to show he ain't no fluke... would have been a good HU match up between him and negreanu too bad it didn't happen. would have liked to see it.
ummm, why on earth would a non-aussie chant this crap. I'm Canadian and i would rather be shot in the head thatn caught chanting aussie aussie aussie or U-S-A- U-S-A-. THAT BEING SAID, CAN SOMEONE COME UP WITH A CHANT FOR US CANADIANS??BEAVER!-BEAVER!-BEAVER! EH! EH! EH!I LIKE IT!
ICC, ashes? womens basketball? theres a footbal world cup? Is that like the super bowl? do those have something to do with sports?Your retarded.