55k On Stars New Reord?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that call can never be correct...even if i somehow showed him KJ before he made his decision.
I said it turned out to be correct. It's results based thinking at it's finest.You definatly had to push there and your hand was a monster given the chip stacks and position.I'm wondering what range of hands he would call you with given what he actually called with. I'm thinking a HUGE range. Dude's a huge luck sack. He's got 950K now and has won race after race.
I said it turned out to be correct. It's results based thinking at it's finest.You definatly had to push there and your hand was a monster given the chip stacks and position.I'm wondering what range of hands he would call you with given what he actually called with. I'm thinking a HUGE range. Dude's a huge luck sack. He's got 950K now and has won race after race.
siiiikness...guy definitley likes to gamboooll...i have no idea what range he would call with but i knew he had ace rag when he was taking so long to decide.heh, i started this thread about nemos sick stack @ the 1st break, who knew 4 hours later he would end up busting me. :club:

you gotta think though, open pushing there after playing pretty tight, but you are still in a steal pos., if you were to raise now say half your stack, it looks more suspicious like you want action and you take down the blinds. open pushing looks alot more weak in that situation no matter if you've been a loose cannon or a tight rock

you gotta think though, open pushing there after playing pretty tight, but you are still in a steal pos., if you were to raise now say half your stack, it looks more suspicious like you want action and you take down the blinds. open pushing looks alot more weak in that situation no matter if you've been a loose cannon or a tight rock
ya, i agree that it might be obvious i was stealing, but this was one of those situations where it dosent really matter...calling off that big of a chunk of your stack hoping to be 60-40 is just bad...if the rolls were reversed and he showed me KJ, im mucking.

in tournaments, you have take every chip possible, or take every advantage possible. me personally, i'd prolly muck A7 there. i'd rather be the aggressor and have always stressed that. i had jus got to your table as i was watchin my friend godpanix and only saw that one hand w/ u, but i like to keep a consistent pf raising pattern i.e. i was open pushing w/ ATC from when there was about 20 people left til 4 people left in one of those 11$ 10 minute level tournies last week. once we got down to 4 people i changed my over aggresive pf play to more of a raise 2.5x the bb imma play a flop w/ you play. that worked perfectly for me and i took it down... so back to what i was sayin before my lil example, i can't really say much other then what i said in the other post of how it may have looked suspicious compared to your other raises in the last couples levels since i didnt see those last 2 levels of your play hope that makes since...kinda tired and its 330 =/

in tournaments, you have take every chip possible, or take every advantage possible. me personally, i'd prolly muck A7 there. i'd rather be the aggressor and have always stressed that. i had jus got to your table as i was watchin my friend godpanix and only saw that one hand w/ u, but i like to keep a consistent pf raising pattern i.e. i was open pushing w/ ATC from when there was about 20 people left til 4 people left in one of those 11$ 10 minute level tournies last week. once we got down to 4 people i changed my over aggresive pf play to more of a raise 2.5x the bb imma play a flop w/ you play. that worked perfectly for me and i took it down... so back to what i was sayin before my lil example, i can't really say much other then what i said in the other post of how it may have looked suspicious compared to your other raises in the last couples levels since i didnt see those last 2 levels of your play hope that makes since...kinda tired and its 330 =/
im not raising 2.5x the bb in that spot when it equals 30% of my stack and letting the sb and bb see a flop that cheap to bust me...my push was very standard.(i needed at least a 150k-200k stack to make that kind of raise.)2nd of all, we were discussing his horrible call, not my push. :club:

Read dependant, depends on what he thought of you I guess. Personally I call that a lot more lately as I've seen a lot more people get desperate faster than normal. Secondly, maybe he was tired :club: Nothing like a good old "ah fuck it" call to get back in it.

im jus saying being consistent is prolly the best way to go imo. if i was in your spot, raising half my stack if how i'm going to play that. it looks as if i want action and you are NOT getting called or even raised by A7 in that situtation

im jus saying being consistent is prolly the best way to go imo. if i was in your spot, raising half my stack if how i'm going to play that. it looks as if i want action and you are NOT getting called or even raised by A7 in that situtation
what do you mean by "being consistant" exactly?i was new at that table and it was my second raise...the 1st raise was also an all in...so i was "being consistant"...if thats what you mean.
im not raising 2.5x the bb in that spot when it equals 30% of my stack and letting the sb and bb see a flop that cheap to bust me...my push was very standard.(i needed at least a 150k-200k stack to make that kind of raise.)2nd of all, we were discussing his horrible call, not my push. :club:
correct push, incorrect call...result sucks...he's a luckbox, you're not. gg

constitent pf raising, like i said in my tourny i lost a race w/ about 22 people left, i opened pushed til 4 people were left and changed gears. like i said thought, i hadnt seen how your pf action was the last 2 rounds was so i'm goin off of how he made that call. i'm talkin to godpanix about the call and he too said he'd made that call, only quicker and if you raise half your stack there, you are taking the pot right there

constitent pf raising, like i said in my tourny i lost a race w/ about 22 people left, i opened pushed til 4 people were left and changed gears. like i said thought, i hadnt seen how your pf action was the last 2 rounds was so i'm goin off of how he made that call. i'm talkin to godpanix about the call and he too said he'd made that call, only quicker and if you raise half your stack there, you are taking the pot right there
thx for your input and that play mightve worked...but i had a tight image and im not making that kind of raise to let somone bust me for so cheap...im setting myself up to be "stopped and goed" as well...i guess we can agree to disagree...and, GL to your friend...he's gonna need it if he's the type of player to "insta-call" in that spot. :club:

he never said insta called, just call quicker. the way look at the play that i'm.. i guess suggesting... no matter what comes on that flop, my chips are going in. that's the intent of the play if a player behind u flat calls. the play is designed for you to either take down the blinds because the play looks strong, or to get all your chips in there on the flop if indeed you r flat called. that's the way i look at that play

he never said insta called, just call quicker. the way look at the play that i'm.. i guess suggesting... no matter what comes on that flop, my chips are going in. that's the intent of the play if a player behind u flat calls. the play is designed for you to either take down the blinds because the play looks strong, or to get all your chips in there on the flop if indeed you r flat called. that's the way i look at that play
you do realize he was 1st to act on the flop, right?youre mixing the 2 things up...theres my push, and theres nemos call...you dont agree with my push, thats fine(agree to disagree)...but your friend said he would call in that spot,("quicker") do you think thats the right call?

yea i realize that he's 1st to act if you see a flop, but no matter what, if im putting 1/2 my stack in there pf this deep, its all goin in on the flop whether i'm calling or pushing. nemo's call in some case is correct. you have been playin pretty tight, but if you were to pick up a hand as AA would you still push. if he puts you on a play such as the one you made w/ the KQ or KJ or even KT he's STILL 60/40 FAVORITE. as i said, you look for as much edge as possible to WIN a tourny even if it's a flip. the only thing he's in real danger w/ is AK-A8 and the more possible play if w/ a A8-AJ range hand, so in that case that's where i see it being a bad call. as i said personally, i would most likely not have made the call unless i picked up on something which my friend could have. i only asked him of the call since he was sitting at the table during the hand. if anything we can discuss more tomorrow i'm dead tired dood take it easy

nemos call not only was incorrect, it was just horrible...looking to call off 60% of your stack in hopes of a 60-40 is not "looking for an edge."i rather be pushing than calling, just me. i guess we can agree to disagree on this too.

yea i realize that he's 1st to act if you see a flop, but no matter what, if im putting 1/2 my stack in there pf this deep, its all goin in on the flop whether i'm calling or pushing. nemo's call in some case is correct. you have been playin pretty tight, but if you were to pick up a hand as AA would you still push. if he puts you on a play such as the one you made w/ the KQ or KJ or even KT he's STILL 60/40 FAVORITE. as i said, you look for as much edge as possible to WIN a tourny even if it's a flip. the only thing he's in real danger w/ is AK-A8 and the more possible play if w/ a A8-AJ range hand, so in that case that's where i see it being a bad call. as i said personally, i would most likely not have made the call unless i picked up on something which my friend could have. i only asked him of the call since he was sitting at the table during the hand. if anything we can discuss more tomorrow i'm dead tired dood take it easy
QFThoping your 60/40 for 70% of your stack is very -EV

Been a while since I ventured out of the hockey forum but IMO I agree with the push here.... I haven't actually played poker in a few months, so I'm a little rusty though.edit: and as to the original question, yes that is a remarkable early chip accumulation.