I Have Been Screwed For 61 Dollars.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes.As I understand this.You sent nhlfan a pm saying you would send $61 as soon as he sends you some books. He sent the books; but you already got them from JackingOffSuit for free. So you sent him back the books and wanted him to return the $61 he received.He says the deal is final and wants to keep the $61.He also wants you to pay shipping if you want the books back.It's a tough spot; but I see both sides.
I want what you are on now.100 grams.
I want what you are on now.100 grams.
I'm in an especially good but goofy mood.I'm getting a job offer this week and won't have to work here anymore!!!Got a house to sell and other things that make life rough for a bit but otherwise it's sweeeet.Downside for you all is I won't be posting as much.
I'm in an especially good but goofy mood.I'm getting a job offer this week and won't have to work here anymore!!!Got a house to sell and other things that make life rough for a bit but otherwise it's sweeeet.Downside for you all is I won't be posting as much.
We can live with that you never posted much anyway.In all seriousness i am glad you are making changes in your life the way you want.(two spaces)I hope you get the job.
I hope you get the job.
{they flew me in after a phone interview to speak with 12 different folks}the interview ended with the hiring manager saying: "What's it going to take to get you down here".I took that as a positive sign :DIt's now at the stage where the relocation assistance, benefits, and final salary package is being put together.
It's now at the stage where the relocation assistance, benefits, and final salary package is being put together.
Add in my stake to your salary requirement. The handjob I don't think they'd care about.
{they flew me in after a phone interview to speak with 12 different folks}the interview ended with the hiring manager saying: "What's it going to take to get you down here".I took that as a positive sign :DIt's now at the stage where the relocation assistance, benefits, and final salary package is being put together.
did u answer "a dog house for my friend ron mexico"seriously though GL and congrats...what will you be doing!!
seriously though GL and congrats...what will you be doing!!
working for a company that very likely has their **** together far more so than my current employer.in a nut shell, I'll be calculating/reporting premium accruals and reserves (tax/stat/gaap) for term and term-like life products for some southern US life company.And doing cash flow projections related to that same line of businessso I can still be "Actuary"
working for a company that very likely has their **** together far more so than my current employer.in a nut shell, I'll be calculating/reporting premium accruals and reserves (tax/stat/gaap) for term and term-like life products for some southern US life company.And doing cash flow projections related to that same line of businessso I can still be "Actuary"
I'm on the sales side of health, life and other ancillary insurances. I love my job, but sometimes I get so damn sick of it.Today, I was working on a claim for a client. The provider kept submitting the claim to the wrong insurance company, and threatened to send the client to collections unless the bill was paid. I had to wait on hold with Pacificare for 35 minutes just to find out that they never got the claim. Took all of 30 seconds. ****ing insurance companies sometimes. I realize that a simple +1 would suffice to keep this thread at the top, but whatev.Congrats Actuary.
Congrats chief.
There you go and lay it out like that and I still don't understand what Actuaries do. Argh, I guess it's just destined to be one of life's mysteries.
There you go and lay it out like that and I still don't understand what Actuaries do. Argh, I guess it's just destined to be one of life's mysteries.
in a very narrow definintion of a Valuation Actuary, we tell the Accountants what numbers to type.and then explain to them why those numbers are not what they expected them to be when they derived their "plan".there are also Pricing and Product Management Actuaries. And then a bunch that crunch numbers all day and provide information to managers and government. And many that work with Pension funds and consult.
in a very narrow definintion of a Valuation Actuary, we tell the Accountants what numbers to type.and then explain to them why those numbers are not what they expected them to be when they derived their "plan".there are also Pricing and Product Management Actuaries. And then a bunch that crunch numbers all day and provide information to managers and government. And many that work with Pension funds and consult.
I've actually been thinking a little bit about trying to go into accounting, though I know very little about it....I've always been pretty decent with basic numbers and I do a very good job of managing my own money. Your thoughts?
Your thoughts?
requires extreme attention to detailno imaginationcontinuing education as laws are updatedI imagine huge demand will always be there (but I have no idea how strong the supply is)communication with various departmentsI know you could find out a ton joining some Accounting Forum (no idea of any) and asking around. It could be a lot more exciting than I imagine. There are many disciplines of accounting and I"m sure some more challenging (read: interesting) than others.
doublecast.jpgEdward G. Robinson was an Actuary in this movie. I too didn't know what an Actuary was/is/does until I saw this old b&w "Double Indemnity". It still plays on Turner Classics Movies from time to time. Edit for research:It airs 10:00 pm Sunday December 17th on TCMalso, the Cincinnati Kid airs 12:15 pm Tuesday December 12th on TCM also.
requires extreme attention to detailno imaginationcontinuing education as laws are updatedI imagine huge demand will always be there (but I have no idea how strong the supply is)communication with various departmentsI know you could find out a ton joining some Accounting Forum (no idea of any) and asking around. It could be a lot more exciting than I imagine. There are many disciplines of accounting and I"m sure some more challenging (read: interesting) than others.
I appreciate your input. Attention to detail has always been something I'me good at. Maybe I'll be going to back to school here soon.
Didn't read the whole thread, but Bud is the coolest Turk I know.lol.Hope it all works out for ya dude.:club:
THANKS ZACHARY. :D
They have Married With Children in Turkey??And sorry you got screwed dude.
Yep we still have re-runs for the 39874925th time and it is still watched.Great show.
you know how i know you're gay?
How? Cuz you're gay? And you can tell who other gay people are? (instant classic)

I have recieved SSHE and Holdem Poker for Advanced Players from Pokerstars today.I also ordered Theory of Poker.At least pokerstars screws me only on the tables.