Ajs In The Sb

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)MP3 (t360)CO (t1470)Button (t2110)Hero (t1640)BB (t3050)UTG (t1150)UTG+1 (t1260)MP1 (t2500)MP2 (t2030)Preflop: Hero is SB with A :club: , J :D . 1 fold, UTG+1 calls t20, MP1 calls t20, 3 folds, Button calls t20, Hero raises to t80, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls t60, MP1 calls t60, Button calls t60.Flop: (t340) 7 :D , 6 :D , 3 :)(4 players)Hero bets t240, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls t240, Button calls t240.Turn: (t1060) K :)(3 players)Hero bets t500, MP1 raises to t2180, Button calls t1790 (All-In), Hero folds.River: (t5530) 3 :)(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: t5530Results in white below: MP1 has Ks 5s (two pair, kings and threes). Button has Ts 8s (one pair, threes). Outcome: MP1 wins t5530. Very early on, stupid turn bet i made but what do u think, is it just that they are donks?

Some people will tell you to raise more preflop. I don't think it really matters.If you know that your opponents are this loose you can go for big check raise on flop since you will very rarely win this with just a continuation bet and you do no want to price yourself out of a bet on the turn.As played turn is a push or check. Probably a check since among other reasons king is too dangerous, but that might be results oriented.Also folding to the push and call on the turn might be worse than betting.Oh, yeah. Don't post results.

ok yeah i realized that after i bet that they probably werent foldingand yeah ill stop with the results in white then

I think a raise to 100 or 120 preflop works better, it just seems donks will fold a little more often because of that extra 20 or 40. I like the bet on the flop for 2 reasons, it may get you a free river if the turn misses and you check, and because the flop is all low cards and no one else raised preflop at least a few people here probably just have high cards and will fold. As played I'd check the turn and if there was a shove and a call I'd think that my only outs for sure are a spade, and possibly an ace. You aren't getting good enough odds here to call so you have to fold, it's early in the tournament and your M is still high.

Some people will tell you to raise more preflop. I don't think it really matters.If you know that your opponents are this loose you can go for big check raise on flop since you will very rarely win this with just a continuation bet and you do no want to price yourself out of a bet on the turn.As played turn is a push or check. Probably a check since among other reasons king is too dangerous, but that might be results oriented.Also folding to the push and call on the turn might be worse than betting.Oh, yeah. Don't post results.
No, posting results in white is the right way to do it! They just dont catch on very quickly here...ask the missing Actuary.A bigger raise preflop is definitely better. BB is an idiot for folding with his stack unless he anticipates a reraise that never came.The continuation bet is a disaster. Youre facing 3 hands, have little or no highcard value, and have a great draw. If you check and get bet into you have a call without jeopardizing the tourney. With your bet, calling a raise now pot commits you.Now youve been called by 2 hands, the turn is the worst card you could see, and you bet? Sorry, but you butchered this hand.
No, posting results in white is the right way to do it! They just dont catch on very quickly here...ask the missing Actuary.A bigger raise preflop is definitely better. BB is an idiot for folding with his stack unless he anticipates a reraise that never came.The continuation bet is a disaster. Youre facing 3 hands, have little or no highcard value, and have a great draw. If you check and get bet into you have a call without jeopardizing the tourney. With your bet, calling a raise now pot commits you.Now youve been called by 2 hands, the turn is the worst card you could see, and you bet? Sorry, but you butchered this hand.
yeah i knowi screwed it upthats why i posted to see how u think i should have played it and u helped methanks a lot

Raise more preflop. Way more. 3BB + one per limper is standard. On level 1 like this it has to be even more. I usually go with 5 BB + one per limper on the 10/20 level. That'd be something like 160. Out of position like this, it should be more still since you are at a disadvantage after the flop. I'd say 200 is probably better. I check the flop, and call/fold/raise depending on the bet amount. You have as many as 15 outs here. You can probably count your hand as 12 outs easily. I dont mind committing chips here.Alternately with a suited Ace hand, I dont mind limping along and looking to flop big. I dont usually do that with an ae this big, but if you're going to raise weak like that, you might as well limp and play for 2pair or flush draw. As played, the turn is a clear check/fold IMO.

Is this a big MTT? Or 180 seater... STT?Anyway, at this early stage (unless it's a re-buy), I totally disagree with everyone who is saying raise more pre-flop. Your raise is fine.. it's the first level, you don't need to over commit to problem hands like AJ on a full table - especially OOP like you were. Your C bet is pretty standard/good - unfortunately you didn't hit it, OR your overcards. I'm fairly confident that this is a low buy-in, from the play from the other 2 in the pot - so I would have shut down on the turn (check/fold), esp with 2 other players who have flat called your first bet.As it happened... after your turn bet, and the re-raise, call.. you were actually getting the correct odds to call - 820 to win 4,900. That's around 6-1, and you had to assume that you were around 5-1 to hit. (It was even better, as your A was still live, but you weren't to know that)

Hey e yankI'm bad at sugar coating things so I won't try to. I mean this in the utmost respect to you. I think you played the hand very poorly!I'll touch on pre-flop a bit but the real problem is on the flop. Pre-flop: There is no such thing as a standard raise amount in this situation. The idea of a bet from the blinds is the knock a couple players out and increase your pot odds. In this case, it didn't knock anyone out except the BB, which leaves you in a large pot for the current blind level, and out of position. I think 100-120 may have been a better bet for this table. On some tables, 80 may work!I know I may be re-iterating a bit here but I think this is a really interesting hand.Flop: you bet 70% of the pot UTG. As offset and copernicus have already mentioned, 0% is a much better number. A bet here is like asking to bust out. Here's why. Start with the math... There are 4 players in the hand... There is a good chance that someone has hit a piece of this flop and will at least call a bet. Secondly, you are only holding ace high! You may have a flush draw and two overcards, but that means nothing without some help. All it takes is one caller and you're in trouble. There are 15 cards in the deck that will help you on the turn...there are 32 that won't! You're a 2-1 dog!Here is the great part about checking UTG. There is no way that you can be pushed off this hand without seeing a turn unless you're absolutely sure that someone tripped up. Here is what could happen...1. It gets checked around. You get to see a free card with a huge draw. If anyone benefits in this hand from seeing more cards...it's you!2. Someone could make a small bet...Again, you have great odds and it should be an easy call to see more cards with the best chance to win the hand.3. Someone makes a good sized bet (lets say 240-300)...Copernicus said that this would be an easier bet to call, which it would be, but I would much prefer the check-raise here. Now the pot is big enough to make the all-in move and you're almost guarenteed to have the best chance of winning! Just be weary of an extremely tight player who might be holding trips.P.S. Yes e yank...they are donks! :club:

Hey e yankI'm bad at sugar coating things so I won't try to. I mean this in the utmost respect to you. I think you played the hand very poorly!I'll touch on pre-flop a bit but the real problem is on the flop. Pre-flop: There is no such thing as a standard raise amount in this situation. The idea of a bet from the blinds is the knock a couple players out and increase your pot odds. In this case, it didn't knock anyone out except the BB, which leaves you in a large pot for the current blind level, and out of position. I think 100-120 may have been a better bet for this table. On some tables, 80 may work!I know I may be re-iterating a bit here but I think this is a really interesting hand.Flop: you bet 70% of the pot UTG. As offset and copernicus have already mentioned, 0% is a much better number. A bet here is like asking to bust out. Here's why. Start with the math... There are 4 players in the hand... There is a good chance that someone has hit a piece of this flop and will at least call a bet. Secondly, you are only holding ace high! You may have a flush draw and two overcards, but that means nothing without some help. All it takes is one caller and you're in trouble. There are 15 cards in the deck that will help you on the turn...there are 32 that won't! You're a 2-1 dog!Here is the great part about checking UTG. There is no way that you can be pushed off this hand without seeing a turn unless you're absolutely sure that someone tripped up. Here is what could happen...1. It gets checked around. You get to see a free card with a huge draw. If anyone benefits in this hand from seeing more cards...it's you!2. Someone could make a small bet...Again, you have great odds and it should be an easy call to see more cards with the best chance to win the hand.3. Someone makes a good sized bet (lets say 240-300)...Copernicus said that this would be an easier bet to call, which it would be, but I would much prefer the check-raise here. Now the pot is big enough to make the all-in move and you're almost guarenteed to have the best chance of winning! Just be weary of an extremely tight player who might be holding trips.P.S. Yes e yank...they are donks! :club:
Yeah, I like the check/raise here. It doesnt even take that big a bet, especially if it goes check, bet 100+, call. You are most likely an equity favorite on the flop, but if the turn isnt the flush card you fall way behind to 3 hands, while you still have a fighting chance against 1.
I don't like the pf raise at all. We are probably going to get a few callers, and are going to be playing OOP with a marginal hand. As played, I like the lead on the flop, but would c/f UI on the turn.
The flop bet is one of the worst bets you can make in holdem.
The flop bet is one of the worst bets you can make in holdem.
It's bad, but one of the worst? Not even close. Check raising is much preferable. You do not want to have to fold EVER to a pot sized bet on the turn.

Only time you should make a bet here is if you bet less than half the pot, because that is the only way you'll have odds to catch on the turn. We can't play this hand like we have a 54% chance to make a hand. The turn has to be played as if we only have a 32% chance to make a hand. The problem is, if we bet the flop and get called (which is what happened) we've dumped away alot of chips on a 32% chance to hit. Now if we check and someone else bets out, then I am fully in favour of the check-raise on the flop because now we can get it in with a 54% chance to hit our hand and we represent something possibly stronger than what we already have!By betting out on the flop, essentially, you're betting into a four player pot with ace high! Against a tighter table, I may be inclined to say that the bet is ok, but look at the stacks these guys have already. They are willing to call with crap cards, so wait until you make the hand.P.S. Perhaps calling it the worst bet was an exageration, but it's still not a good one...lol.

Preflop is poor. You have to raise more. Really.

Only time you should make a bet here is if you bet less than half the pot, because that is the only way you'll have odds to catch on the turn. We can't play this hand like we have a 54% chance to make a hand. The turn has to be played as if we only have a 32% chance to make a hand.
If we bet pot and get called by one player that's the correct pot odds (2 to 1). Add in implied odds and it's very profitable.
By betting out on the flop, essentially, you're betting into a four player pot with ace high!
...and a lot of equity. If you bet pot and get called by all players that is fantastic for you.I have no problem leading out on the flop for 2/3 pot. The c/r may be better, but betting out is ok.You already know that the turn lead is poor.You only need ~16% equity on the turn to call allin, and I would be tempted to call for that. It's only 820 more into 4200. I haven't calculated equities against potential ranges, but I think you can expect to have 16%.

I think the flop bet is bad here because it doesn't look like anyone's going to fold and you likely don't have the best hand. Check-raise is a good option, but I would lean towards check-call. You're going to get paid off if you hit your hand and you don't lose much if you don't.Early in the tournament the donk level is high. When you have the best hand bet more, when you have the worst hand bet less.BTW, I really suck at poker...so this may be the worst advice you get.