in playing omaha at a friends house, 2 players got in a fight over a 100 pot. the argument was oevr who had the nuts on the following handplayer one holds 3 8player 2 has 3 7board was a 4 5 6 7i dont play omaha often so i didnt help the situation any but player one thought he had the nuts. a 7 card straight. 3 thru 8 and player 2 said he had to use 2 cards in his hand and 3 on the board.can u guys help with that?is there such thing as a 7 card str8 in omaha

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. you have to use exactly two cards from your hand and three on the board.2. like any modern poker game, it's about the best five-card hand. there's no seven-card-straight in texas hold 'em, there's no seven-card-straight in omaha.3. player 2 has not only the nuts, he has an actual hand better than 8-high. player 1 has only 8-high from the two cards you gave. player 1's five-card hand is 8-7-6-5-3 for 8-high. player 2's five-card hand is 7-6-5-4-3 for a seven-high straight.aseem

Player 2 is correct, You must use 2 cards from your hand and 3 on the board.Also, if 2 peopple cant agree on how to play it and you arent sure yourself you should really stikc to Hold or stud games, Omaha is alot trickier if you arent sure how to play.

3 7 is not the nuts on that board either.. assuming it's unsuited with no pairs the nuts would be 89
yeah my bad, i didn't mean to write that player 2 has the nuts. he just has the best hand.aseem
ONE OF YOU GENIOUSES WANNA EXPLAIN TO ME HOW PLAYER 2 HAS THE BEST HAND WHEN HE IS HOLDING ONLY A SEVEN HIGH STRAIGHT AND PLAYER 1 IS HOLDING AN 8 HIGH STRAIGHT!
Well genius, because they are playing omaha!
If player 2 is holding a 3-7and player 1 is holding a 3-8and the board reads 4-5-6-7ONE OF YOU GENIOUSES WANNA EXPLAIN TO ME HOW PLAYER 2 HAS THE BEST HAND WHEN HE IS HOLDING ONLY A SEVEN HIGH STRAIGHT AND PLAYER 1 IS HOLDING AN 8 HIGH STRAIGHT!
Player 1 HAS to use his 3 and his 8 in his best 5 card poker hand... therefore the BEST high hand he can make would be 3-5-6-7-8, whereas player one can make a straight 3-4-5-6-7.

Why the hell are u forgetting the 4 in player 1's handTHE BOARD READS 4-5-6-7do u guys not like player 1 because hes black so therefor hes not allowed to use the 4 thats already on the boardas i read it and try to understand it ................. player 1 has the high end of the straight with the 4-8 and player 2 has the low end with 3-7

AND YOUR POINTi play omaha all the time and in most cases (almost all) a 4-8 straight will beat a 3-7 anytimeHOWEVERwere u guys playin Omaha High Low or was this regular Omaha
If you play Omaha all the time, you probably know that you must use two cards from your hand and three from the board.Where do you play?
If player 2 is holding a 3-7and player 1 is holding a 3-8and the board reads 4-5-6-7ONE OF YOU GENIOUSES WANNA EXPLAIN TO ME HOW PLAYER 2 HAS THE BEST HAND WHEN HE IS HOLDING ONLY A SEVEN HIGH STRAIGHT AND PLAYER 1 IS HOLDING AN 8 HIGH STRAIGHT!
Not to be contentious, but you clearly don't play Omaha all the time. Or, if you do, you're still not all that good at reading the board and making a hand properly.Take BOTH the cards from Player 1's hand and explain to us how he makes an actual straight. If you can do this, YOU are the genius.
AND YOUR POINTi play omaha all the time and in most cases (almost all) a 4-8 straight will beat a 3-7 anytimeHOWEVERwere u guys playin Omaha High Low or was this regular Omaha
Do you play Omaha or O8? Where? What's your ID? I would like to play with you, along chatting with strategy and stuff...
Why the hell are u forgetting the 4 in player 1's hand
Because we are not high on hallucinogens right now.Please reread the original post, then slap yourself silly with a wet noodle.
HAHAHAHAHAHAWOW, is this guy for real?PLEASE, PLEASE come meet me on party poker for a little lesson in Omaha........PLEASE!i laughed so hard i farted!
Why the hell are u forgetting the 4 in player 1's handTHE BOARD READS 4-5-6-7do u guys not like player 1 because hes black so therefor hes not allowed to use the 4 thats already on the boardas i read it and try to understand it ................. player 1 has the high end of the straight with the 4-8 and player 2 has the low end with 3-7
I think you misread the original post. Player 1 had 8-3 not 8-4.
LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO........HAHAHAHAHAI cant even reply to this!!!! :D

Maybe im high right nowbut i really dont understand................................THE BOARD READS 4-5-6-7why the hell would the 3 in player 2's hand hold more strength than the 8 in player 2's handokay ready look this guys said (AND I QUOTE AGAIN) THE BOARD READS (NOT WHAT EACH PLAYER HAS IN THEIR HAND)4-5-6-7PLAYER ONE HOLDING X-X-3-7PLAYER 2 IS HOLDING X-X-3-8I DONT CARE IF PLAYER 2 IS HOLDING A LAWN CHAIR .................AS LONG AS THERE IS NO HALLUCINOGENS FLOATING AROUND THE ROOM.........WOULDNT U MUCH RATHER HAVE A STRAIGHT TO THE 8 THAN TO THE 7IM PRETTY SURE I UNDERSTAND HOW TO PLAY THIS GAME.......................THE GUY WHO WROTE THE POST SAID THE 4 WAS ON THE BOARD NOT IN THE KIDS HAND