OK, here's something that just doesn't make sense. Anyone care to shed light on why A23 beats AKQ???
Because the game is effed in the head?Some stuff that explains earlier problems:"If you are a seen player and the other player is blind, you are not allowed to ask for a show. The seen player can only continue betting or drop out.""Note that the betting process in this game is quite different from Poker betting. There is no concept of equalizing the bets, and a showdown is not possible with more than two players."

I played play money games of it a little last night, and it appears to be a pure gamble-gamble game if you play it for real money. This game could spell doom for me when I come home at 3 am on friday and saturday night's and wanna play poker!! :club:

I played play money games of it a little last night, and it appears to be a pure gamble-gamble game if you play it for real money. This game could spell doom for me when I come home at 3 am on friday and saturday night's and wanna play poker!! :club:
let me know when this happens so i can be there waiting for you.

In the UK this is known as 3 card brag.The rules can vary a fair bit. Here are the one I have played locally to me.3 of a kind being higer than a straight flush. 3 of a kind is known as a prial and 3' 3's is the highest then A's K's down to deuces. Then the hand rankings go flushes, straights, pair, high card.You can call a blind man. Ie someone who doesnt look at his cards.So if you bet $1 blind you would either have to raise or put $2 in the pot at which point I can either look at my cards or bet again. Only when I look at my cards does the betting stop.If all players look then there is just one round of betting starting from the dealer buttons left and ends at show down when the highest bet is called or folded to Last Playe standing.I have only ever played this as a NL format.If I bet blind and you fold I can also keep my hand as long as it remains blind for the next round.Sorry if this clouds things more, but thats 3 card poker to me.CheersWrighty