** The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread **

jinxed it.
Lakers were playing the tail end of the back-to-back, and the two most important Blazers (Roy and James Jones) were back fresh from injury. A *lot* of things went right for the Blazers to win that game, I wouldn't even begin to worry about the Lakers because of it.On a side note, did you see the refs in that game? They botched soooo many calls I was seriously starting to ponder if they had money on the game. Calls that went both ways, but there was a ridiculous amount of missed calls and non-calls.I remember one play toward the end of regulation when Odom was literally standing out of bounds with the ball bouncing out of his hands, untouched, and the Lakers kept the possession. lol. That 3 Kobe drilled at the end of the third quarter on the loose ball was.. one of the most amazing shots I've seen this season.
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Classic Brv

he was as innocent as much as Kavanaugh doesn't like beer

The Blake Mamba

Lakers were playing the tail end of the back-to-back, and the two most important Blazers (Roy and James Jones) were back fresh from injury. A *lot* of things went right for the Blazers to win that game, I wouldn't even begin to worry about the Lakers because of it.On a side note, did you see the refs in that game? They botched soooo many calls I was seriously starting to ponder if they had money on the game. Calls that went both ways, but there was a ridiculous amount of missed calls and non-calls.I remember one play toward the end of regulation when Odom was literally standing out of bounds with the ball bouncing out of his hands, untouched, and the Lakers kept the possession. lol. That 3 Kobe drilled at the end of the third quarter on the loose ball was.. one of the most amazing shots I've seen this season.
Blazers shot the ball really well last night. And you're right, the officiating was real wacky.Do you remember the game from last year in LA that Blazers were up like 8 in the final minute and Kobe went nuts and hit like 3 crazy threes to send it to OT and won? He finished with 65 and I think started that 50 pt streak. That was probably the most amazing Kobe game to my memory. After typing that it sounds exactly like that game in 04 where he hit that crazy 3 over Patterson to send it to OT then the fallaway 30 footer with 2 seconds left to win the division on the last day of the season. He had a Clippers game like that too. Nevermind I guess there's a lot of amazing Kobe games I can remember.By the way, the Blazers announcers always crack me up when they play the Lakers. I've never heard professional commentators despise an organization and it's players so much as they do the Lakers. I don't even know how to explain it. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about though.

IM going to the game today Against dallas. Cant wait to see jason kidd and dirk playing together. This is a big game standing wise, due to the western conference being so tight. Im expecting them to come out fast after the loss to portland. I also hope to see Fisher come out and knock down a couple of shots, hes been slumping. Lakers win 112-107GOOOOO LAKKKKERSSS

IM going to the game today Against dallas. Cant wait to see jason kidd and dirk playing together. This is a big game standing wise, due to the western conference being so tight. Im expecting them to come out fast after the loss to portland. I also hope to see Fisher come out and knock down a couple of shots, hes been slumping. Lakers win 112-107GOOOOO LAKKKKERSSS
Lucky s.o.b.
Why can't the Lakers get a call.
They used them all up in the previous game?(I'm not watching the game. Is it over; did they lose? Oh wait, I'm on the internet. Hmm, Kobe has 18 free throws and he's only made 11.)

What a game to go too! Playoff atmosphere the whole game. I lost my voice midway through the third quarter! It was a gutty performance by both teams. But in the end we had the best player in the league and were able to pull out a gritty win. I said we'd win by 5 but we won by 4, close enough. No free tacos though :club:. Keep it rolling lakers. Next up the sacramento queens.

Dallas can't play D without fouling. I'm glad they started calling that shit in the 4th and OT.
No way. NBA is so rigged in favor of Kobe. 27 free throws! It is all BS. Clearly, Stern directed the refs to punish Mark Cuban. sw.It is going to be nice hearing people bitch about Kobe getting all the calls in the playoffs this year instead of whining about D. Wade.Oh, Lake show is clearly the best in the NBA at this point. But I still wonder if they can beat the Spurs when it matters.
Blazers shot the ball really well last night. And you're right, the officiating was real wacky.Do you remember the game from last year in LA that Blazers were up like 8 in the final minute and Kobe went nuts and hit like 3 crazy threes to send it to OT and won? He finished with 65 and I think started that 50 pt streak. That was probably the most amazing Kobe game to my memory. After typing that it sounds exactly like that game in 04 where he hit that crazy 3 over Patterson to send it to OT then the fallaway 30 footer with 2 seconds left to win the division on the last day of the season. He had a Clippers game like that too. Nevermind I guess there's a lot of amazing Kobe games I can remember.
Oh yeah, believe me, I remember that night. If he isn't the MVP this year, he's never going to win it. Bron's been good, but Kobe's been better.
By the way, the Blazers announcers always crack me up when they play the Lakers. I've never heard professional commentators despise an organization and it's players so much as they do the Lakers. I don't even know how to explain it. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about though.
Blazer TV/Radio guys are awesome.. They put the "H" in Homer. Brian Wheeler, the radio guy, is hilarious because he gets so up and down based on the game.. You can tune in and tell immediately from his tone and vibe how far they are up/down.But yeah, the Blazer media takes the whole Evil Empire thing way too seriously.
Bynum still a month away? This worries me.
He's fresh outta school and never had anything even remotely as serious as micro-surgery before. It's *far* from an exact science.And to expect him to hit the ground running when he gets back will be a bit much. I'd start putting eggs in Walton and Turiaf's basket at this point. Bynum is pretty much your "Oden" at this point, sorry to say.And yeah, as much as it hurts me and my loyalties to say this: it's the Laker's conference to lose now. I'd be far more worried about the Jazz than the other "comers" though.. They are getting the least pub and are the most solid w/ their 1-8 lineup.
He's fresh outta school and never had anything even remotely as serious as micro-surgery before. It's *far* from an exact science.And to expect him to hit the ground running when he gets back will be a bit much. I'd start putting eggs in Walton and Turiaf's basket at this point. Bynum is pretty much your "Oden" at this point, sorry to say.And yeah, as much as it hurts me and my loyalties to say this: it's the Laker's conference to lose now. I'd be far more worried about the Jazz than the other "comers" though.. They are getting the least pub and are the most solid w/ their 1-8 lineup.
I don't think the Jazz can win a series in which they don't have home court.Larry O'Brien still goes through the Alamo.
Mehmet, AK, Brewer/Harpring/Korver Whatever the hell they are putting out there aren;t big time players. Especially the first 2, I know Mehmet beats up on people in the regular season, but he looked horrible in playoffs last yr. He can't really guard anyone, bigs post him up and smalls are too quick.
I don't think the Jazz can win a series in which they don't have home court.Larry O'Brien still goes through the Alamo.
Lakers should have home court. This regular season is going to take til the final week to shake out. I'm pretty confident in the Spurs this yr, but no one is going to have a big edge. I really think it's between the Lakers and Spurs but I wouldn't be shocked to see someone else, although I think it's being overhyped and Lakers and Spurs are the very clearcut favorites.
Mehmet, AK, Brewer/Harpring/Korver Whatever the hell they are putting out there aren;t big time players. Especially the first 2, I know Mehmet beats up on people in the regular season, but he looked horrible in playoffs last yr. He can't really guard anyone, bigs post him up and smalls are too quick.Lakers should have home court. This regular season is going to take til the final week to shake out. I'm pretty confident in the Spurs this yr, but no one is going to have a big edge. I really think it's between the Lakers and Spurs but I wouldn't be shocked to see someone else, although I think it's being overhyped and Lakers and Spurs are the very clearcut favorites.
Well the Lakers next 4 games are basically going to decide their playoff seeding.@ NO@ Hou@ Dal@ UtahThey could easily go 0-4 and probably put them in the bottom half of the conference again. If they can split or take 3 out of 4, then it's on them if they don't finish with home court. Their schedule after this trip is really soft and primarily at home so if they go 3-1 they should finish right around the 60 win mark.
Mehmet, AK, Brewer/Harpring/Korver Whatever the hell they are putting out there aren;t big time players. Especially the first 2, I know Mehmet beats up on people in the regular season, but he looked horrible in playoffs last yr. He can't really guard anyone, bigs post him up and smalls are too quick.Lakers should have home court. This regular season is going to take til the final week to shake out. I'm pretty confident in the Spurs this yr, but no one is going to have a big edge. I really think it's between the Lakers and Spurs but I wouldn't be shocked to see someone else, although I think it's being overhyped and Lakers and Spurs are the very clearcut favorites.
Yeah, could you please at least mention Boozer and Deron in this? Deron either runs completely wild on Laker 1's, or tires Kobe out by making Kobe defend him.And we *all* know Boozer would make a wh*re out of Gasol without Bynum to help on the weakside.Do *not* dismiss the Jazz. I'd be 10x as worried about them as the Suns or Spurs or whomever.