I Think I Have Issues

Lately I'm finding myself verbally abusing people on online tables. I'm basically just a serious a**-hole to people when they make stupid plays...especially when they put a bad beat on me, or somebody else at the table. Not only do I criticize their play, but I also point out their horrible sharkscope stats. I know this not a nice thing to do, and also possibly an -ev thing to do because they might start examining their game more, or realize they really do suck and stop playing.The thing is, away from the tables I'm really not a bad guy. I'm actually quite relaxed, and known for being able to stay calm and keep my head when everybody else is upset. Nobody who knows me personally would say I'm a bad guy, but when I'm playing poker my frustration gets the best of me and I go off on people.How do you guys handle the donks that make you wish you could just hit them up side the head with a baseball bat? Anybody taken any anger management classes? Do they really work?

How do you guys handle the donks that make you wish you could just hit them up side the head with a baseball bat?
A lot of us realize that this is where we make money.I heard a sentence in Phil Gordan's Audio book that is pretty relevant to this. Give me a minute to find it.edit:
If bad players couldn't occasionaly get lucky and win, there would be no games worth playing.
edit2: By the way, I absolutely HATE when people do this at the tables.
Lately I'm finding myself verbally abusing people on online tables. I'm basically just a serious a**-hole to people when they make stupid plays...especially when they put a bad beat on me,
it seems like you are sorry about this and want to change-this is good because the thing i hate the most about online poker is when people be a$$ when they lose money at the tables. just try to stop-or just don't chat at all

am i the only person who likes taking bad beats? it makes me happy because it just shows that the game is nice and juicy. i used to steam so much when i would take a beat. until i got a part time job and didnt have to worry about paying bills. now i just try to play as good as possible. that one quote about the best poker players prove themselves not when they're running good, but when they're running bad. i think we can agree that what puts the big winners in a league of their own is that they save the max when theyre running bad. which in turn makes their profits much higher.

Lately I'm finding myself verbally abusing people on online tables. I'm basically just a serious a**-hole to people when they make stupid plays...especially when they put a bad beat on me, or somebody else at the table. Not only do I criticize their play, but I also point out their horrible sharkscope stats. I know this not a nice thing to do, and also possibly an -ev thing to do because they might start examining their game more, or realize they really do suck and stop playing.The thing is, away from the tables I'm really not a bad guy. I'm actually quite relaxed, and known for being able to stay calm and keep my head when everybody else is upset. Nobody who knows me personally would say I'm a bad guy, but when I'm playing poker my frustration gets the best of me and I go off on people.How do you guys handle the donks that make you wish you could just hit them up side the head with a baseball bat? Anybody taken any anger management classes? Do they really work?
One great thing about playing online is that you can get as mad as you want without your opponents ever realizing it. You can swear, shout, hit things, etc. and as long as you resist the urge to say anything to them, no one's the wiser. If you're having trouble avoiding getting angry, you can at least redirect the anger.

Honestly, yelling at morons online is therapeutic. I know exactly what you are talking about. I am normally very calm and non confrontational. But god forbid some asshole calls my reraise all in with A8 and beats me. Lets just say he is in for some words. Usually I don't care if he plays better because I am done with that table/tournament anyway. I have certainly been guilty of doing this several times. And I don't really care if people think i'm a dick. If it makes you feel better for a brief moment, Fck em!

Honestly, yelling at morons online is therapeutic. I know exactly what you are talking about. I am normally very calm and non confrontational. But god forbid some asshole calls my reraise all in with A8 and beats me. Lets just say he is in for some words. Usually I don't care if he plays better because I am done with that table/tournament anyway. I have certainly been guilty of doing this several times. And I don't really care if people think i'm a dick. If it makes you feel better for a brief moment, Fck em!
Although I know this isn't the righ thing to do, I often tell donks how stupid they are for doing something. I know I should keep my mouth shut.......but it helps me vent so I do it anyway! :club:

I guess I'll have some time to learn how to stay quite when donks piss me off. lol No more than a half hour after I made this thread I got this email from pokerstars...Hello danny2271,We have received a complaint regarding your use of inappropriate language at our tables. After reviewing the chat log (see below), itwas decided to remove your chat privileges for a period of 1 month. Your language was offensive and completely unacceptable.We implemented a feature that blocks out (replaces with ***) specific inappropriate words. This serves as a first warning. If you type something which is blocked then this tells you that what you are typing is not acceptable. If you choose to somehow bypass this restriction (obviously there are many ways), then you are intentionally breaking the rules.Our games are to be kept clean, fun, and a comfortable environment foreveryone. We will not tolerate this type of behavior at our tables.Please note that you may not be the only one receiving a message suchas this. When we receive a chat complaint, we review the entire chatof all players at the table. Any other offenders at the table were also warned or revoked as appropriate to our policies.Your chat privileges will be reinstated in one month.Regards,JacksonPokerStars Support Team-------------

How do you guys handle the donks that make you wish you could just hit them up side the head with a baseball bat?
I think you are the donk.All you have to do is find out their IP...track it...grease somebody at his internet provider...Then show up at his door with a baseball bat, knock on his door and if some dweeb in his underwear with a half empty bag of cheetoes answers the door......WHAM..right upside the head.
That's a good article. Yeah I'm gonna try my best to keep quiet from now on.
I just noticed that we are in the same tourney right now - good luck!Maybe we can get heads up again..this time, dont beat me like a rented mule!:-)
am i the only person who likes taking bad beats? it makes me happy because it just shows that the game is nice and juicy. i used to steam so much when i would take a beat. until i got a part time job and didnt have to worry about paying bills. now i just try to play as good as possible. that one quote about the best poker players prove themselves not when they're running good, but when they're running bad. i think we can agree that what puts the big winners in a league of their own is that they save the max when theyre running bad. which in turn makes their profits much higher.
you, sir, are a brilliant man.
I just noticed that we are in the same tourney right now - good luck!Maybe we can get heads up again..this time, dont beat me like a rented mule!:-)
Hey...GL Yeah I hope we meet heads up again. If we get on the same table though, you'll know why I'm not talking. lol
I type "nh" in the chat box, and about 98% of the time it actually means "nice ****ing hand you clueless donkey ************." I've found that is the best way for me to deal with it when I feel like I have to say something.

I prefer to just say "nice hand", or even better, when they go all-in for 50 times the BB and get no callers, to say "nice bet". I hope the sarcasm doesn't come through in the chat box, I want to encourage the donkeys to stay true to their little fishy souls. And yes, I do believe I just mixed animal metaphors. Feel free to respond "nice post". ;c)

Umm...........The real Yoda wouldn't act like that