Official Offseason Thread

Reed Johnson as the most underrated player in the AL. Ha! I think that Jason Bartlett is the most underrated player in the AL, that doesn't make it true. And for you Blue Jays fans that think your lineup stacks up the the Yankees, you are delirious.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Closer than you thought? RS was pretty much the only area in which the Jays offense was mediocre last year...
That's really the most important stat when judging a team offense. Toronto was 7th in the AL last year and the Yankees were 1st in all of baseball. There was a large gap between the quality of the two teams last year. I don't think the changes from last year to this year are going to make up 130 runs. So, we can safely say that the Yankees lineup is superior to Toronto's by a significant margin.
Reed Johnson as the most underrated player in the AL. Ha! I think that Jason Bartlett is the most underrated player in the AL, that doesn't make it true. And for you Blue Jays fans that think your lineup stacks up the the Yankees, you are delirious.
i kind of agree. guess i forgot about some of the yankees, because that lineup is much better than ours. Thomas > Giambi, but that's about it.Also, Runs scored is really the only stat that matters in terms of measuring a team's seasonal offensive output. I think the Jays could outscore the Red Sox this year, but the Jays really only have the edge defensively. If we have any edge on either team in offense, we give up more than that in pitching.
Reed Johnson works hard and does a lot of things well. I think he overperformed last year. If he is capable of consistently playing like he did last year though, people will start to agree that he was vastly underrated last year.
I don't think it's a good idea to compare the players by what you think the order in the lineup is going to be. Arod does not bat third. However, if you want to compare these lineups I think the Yanks are better in every position except for maybe Thomas over Giambi and Arod vs Wells. It's so hard to judge Arod and how valuable he actually is to our team.
Want to make a bet on total runs scored next year, Yankees vs. Blue Jays? Wang
Want to make a bet on total runs scored next year, Yankees vs. Blue Jays? Wang
Even money, no handicaps?

The Yankees want to trade Randy Johnson back to the D-Backs. Hey, if we can get a new Gatorade cooler for him I say go for it. He's been a bust.

Yeah, sure.Wang
Maybe I'll make a bet with you come April. This forum, you, or I could be gone by October for all I know.
I feel obliged to point out that this is you backing down, Mr. Big Talk. (chicken noises)
I'm backing down, because I don't know how trustworthy you are and I don't know if this forum will still be up.
I'm backing down, because I don't know how trustworthy you are and I don't know if this forum will still be up.
(More chicken noises, increasing in volume and agitation)I'll be here. I'll give you my AIM address if you need it. I'll even transfer the money to somebody neutral to hold onto until the bet is settled.(LOUDEST OF ALL CHICKEN NOISES)
(More chicken noises, increasing in volume and agitation)I'll be here. I'll give you my AIM address if you need it. I'll even transfer the money to somebody neutral to hold onto until the bet is settled.(LOUDEST OF ALL CHICKEN NOISES)
Ok, how much?
Me = YankeesHe = BluejaysI don't care. What sounds good to you?
I was betting on the Yankees.
Yeah, thats what I thought. So you guys were arguing for nothing. No one in their right mind would bet on the Blue Jays straight up like that.
I sure hope not. I knew this had to be too good to be true.
though it's no longer important, i thought i'd nevertheless vouch for Mr Wang. He sent back all the sex toys he borrowed from me during the FCP Hawaii get-together, and even reimbursed me for what he felt was excessive use of lube that I'd brought for the hotel, even though I assured him it was for communal use.Truly a class act.
Took the words out of my mouth.
I actually meant to bet with this guy. I can't believe, after all that, I clicked the wrong fucking guy to quote...Fuck all of you for not pointing this mistake out earlier. I am retarded
I actually meant to bet with this guy. I can't believe, after all that, I clicked the wrong fucking guy to quote...Fuck all of you for not pointing this mistake out earlier. I am retarded
I was a little confused when you took the bet for even odds. Even with my homer bias, I wouldn't take that bet.

Bye, bye Randy Johnson. I'm so glad we got him out of there. There are so many arms now in our farm system.