From a home game last weekend. Would love some comments on this hand, since I dont know if I made the right decision in the end.Ohh, and please comment on anything else you find suspecius.Hero: ~1650 (danish kroners.. so actually playing for alot less, than it would be in dollars..)Vilain: ~1800Button: ~700BB: ~550Villain is a new guy at our little home game, and was playing very few hands the first hour or so, but have ben playing more and more hands since then.Pretty tight preflop, but seems to like suited connectors and pocket pairs abit to much.Hero is dealt Ac 6c in CO+1 - Blinds are 2/42 folds, Hero raises to 15, Villain calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.Flop: 8c 9c Tc. (Pot: 62)BB checks, Hero raises to 50, Villain raises to 150, button folds, BB folds, Hero calls.Turn: Qs (Pot: 362)Hero raises 300, Villain calls.River: 7c (pot: 922 )Hero raises 400, Villain goes all-in for ~1300, Hero...?I flop the nut flush, yay for me. On the river I improve to a straight flush, again yay for me.My question is now, do he really have my straight-flush beaten? I believe he could have done this move with the nut flush, but since I have the ace thats not the case.At first I thought he might have kings with the Kc.. But havent I shown enough strength for him to fold 2.nut flush?First post, So be nice to me :club:

From a home game last weekend. Would love some comments on this hand, since I dont know if I made the right decision in the end.Ohh, and please comment on anything else you find suspecius.Hero: ~1650 (danish kroners.. so actually playing for alot less, than it would be in dollars..)Vilain: ~1800Button: ~700BB: ~550Villain is a new guy at our little home game, and was playing very few hands the first hour or so, but have ben playing more and more hands since then.Pretty tight preflop, but seems to like suited connectors and pocket pairs abit to much.Hero is dealt Ac 6c in CO+1 - Blinds are 2/42 folds, Hero raises to 15, Villain calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.Flop: 8c 9c Tc. (Pot: 62)BB checks, Hero raises to 50, Villain raises to 150, button folds, BB folds, Hero calls.Turn: Qs (Pot: 362)Hero raises 300, Villain calls.River: 7c (pot: 922 )Hero raises 400, Villain goes all-in for ~1300, Hero...?I flop the nut flush, yay for me. On the river I improve to a straight flush, again yay for me.My question is now, do he really have my straight-flush beaten? I believe he could have done this move with the nut flush, but since I have the ace thats not the case.At first I thought he might have kings with the Kc.. But havent I shown enough strength for him to fold 2.nut flush?First post, So be nice to me :club:
I'd expect a flat call from a king here. I think you're toast.

You're getting about 3:1. Does he have the Jc >75% of the time? Narrowing it down, he's either on a total bluff or he has the Jc. If he is a smart player, he should realise that the river has just brought the scariest card in the deck. He knows you can only call that bet with one of 3 cards in the deck, and you may fold the Ac.Basically, if you think he can make a bluff of this size, you call. If you don't think he would bluff you fold.I think I would have to call for those odds.

don't listen to me, i'm a noob, but i couldn't possibly fold that hand.only thing that beats you is Jc. how big are the chances he has him?very little. on the other hand, i think he as QcJc. With only the jack (and Kc) he can't call that turn bet, because he will put you on AcXc. I agree, if you think he bluffs, call. else fold.

You're getting about 3:1. Does he have the Jc >75% of the time? Narrowing it down, he's either on a total bluff or he has the Jc. If he is a smart player, he should realise that the river has just brought the scariest card in the deck. He knows you can only call that bet with one of 3 cards in the deck, and you may fold the Ac.Basically, if you think he can make a bluff of this size, you call. If you don't think he would bluff you fold.I think I would have to call for those odds.
Good point.sigh. Yeah, pay it off.
Never in my life will I fold a straight flush... but ISAP, also if you call you get to talk about the cooler for the next month :D
I couldnt fold it either :)I called, and he turned over the QJc for the flopped Straight-Flush...Thanks for your replies all. Ill get him next month :club:

that's pretty rough, but luckily it'll probably never happen to you again!for future reference, the first bet in a round is simply called a "bet," while all future ones are "raises".so it'd look more like this:flop 8c, 9c, TcI bet, he calledturnI bet, he calledriverI bet, he raised, i called.sorry, just a pet peeve of mine.good luck

To the OP...do you bluff a lot? I'm trying to understand the villain's reasoning for not pushing the action on the turn after you've clearly stated that you like your hand. He allowed the scariest card in the deck to come before he got it all in. He was lucky you had the straight flush.

To the OP...do you bluff a lot? I'm trying to understand the villain's reasoning for not pushing the action on the turn after you've clearly stated that you like your hand. He allowed the scariest card in the deck to come before he got it all in. He was lucky you had the straight flush.
I asked him the same thing afterwards. Especially since he just flat called the turn, instead of raising me again. He said he wanted me to catch up incase I just had the Ac and was on a draw.
on the other hand, i think he as QcJc. With only the jack (and Kc) he can't call that turn bet, because he will put you on AcXc. I agree, if you think he bluffs, call. else fold.
Wow, how often do you fold the best hand? You gotta be kidding me. I'd say the most likely hand is K :club: J :D . If he really flopped the stone cold nuts, why would he be check-raising the flop? You are telling me, you'd fold the King-high flush just because he made a big bet. There are about a billion more hands that you have beat. I guarantee he makes the same play with just AA with the A :D or even the flopped the straight.

That has to be the ultimate cooler. To me at the river, I know I'm beat but I'm calling anyway for the story. How much is 1650 danish kroners in USD anyways?

Umm.....am i the only one that noticed that Villain raised the flop with the stone cold nuts??I mean, i've heard of stupid before, but this takes the cake.he is lucky you held what you did.any over pairs, anyholding the A of clubs, any straights, any 2 pair, and sometimes any sets, get scared here.

Umm.....am i the only one that noticed that Villain raised the flop with the stone cold nuts??
Villain called on the flop. He was saying that the Hero "raised" isntead of "bet"He just called after flopping the nuts, no worries.
Villain called on the flop. He was saying that the Hero "raised" isntead of "bet"He just called after flopping the nuts, no worries.
Flop: 8c 9c Tc. (Pot: 62)BB checks, Hero raises to 50, Villain raises to 150, button folds, BB folds, Hero calls.The Villain raised
Wow, how often do you fold the best hand? You gotta be kidding me. I'd say the most likely hand is K :club: J :D . If he really flopped the stone cold nuts, why would he be check-raising the flop? You are telling me, you'd fold the King-high flush just because he made a big bet. There are about a billion more hands that you have beat. I guarantee he makes the same play with just AA with the A :D or even the flopped the straight.
well quote entire post above form me. i said i'm noob, so i don't blame me. ;)In a live game i have no idea, what i would have done. probably would have called and ignored the read.it just seemed to me, that he had a very good hand the way he was playing it.Let me explain my thoughts:he didnt checkraise the flop, he raised directly. Why not? if hero folds there, he probably doenst have a good hand/draw at all and vilian would not have made much more money by just calling.But the odd thing is the turn call. Would you only call with KJc? You get no info. If vilian raises, a draw with Ac would fold, a straight probably too.A call just means to me: "i need no info because i have the nuts"