Video Blog At The Speedway

That looked like a blast doing laps.....real cool!Dan, It seems you and Raymer are showing up everywhere together. Playing golf now?.....Wow..talk about comming a long way from the mini feud that occured during the WSOP.....Heck...maybe there will be peace in the middle east after all....

Nice job considering you've never driven stick before. I'm surprised you didn't stall on the start. It's hard to find the friction point, and I'd expect a race car is not very forgiving. I drove an automatic for 10 years before learning stick a few years ago. Took me more than one time to learn, that's for sure. Racing is a hobby of mine, but just in my little rinky-dink Honda. What was your top speed? Did you drive the same car for the 8 more laps you were going to do?

Ah it was all in the video editing... you see we took daniel and had him start the car but had a stunt driver actually drive away*...
YOU BASTARDS!!!!! :icon_biggrin:A little more than go cart power in those bad boys. Nice job Daniel...I mean, Ricky Bobby! :club:
136 mph top speed
Seriously? :club: Had my '82 280z exactly that fast... and my '95 Corvette up to 146... on the interstate.Then again, I'm an ahole.p.s. I agree it's nice to Daniel and Greg shake hands and make up.

For those of you who were wanting just the written blog, how can you compare that to video blogs like this? I agree that it is great to see Daniel and Greg seem to make up. Having just seen Greg Raymer on the sidelines supporting my boy Joe Hachem in the 6-handed WSOP event (which Joe came second in), I have become a bit of a fan of his. And wasn't this the event that Daniel did well in to be knocked out by Dutch Boyd? Certainly looking forward to hearing the report from High Stakes Poker. I heard that Ivey might be playing 6 hours.

136 mph top speed
Not bad! It is un nerving going that fast. In Detroit back in the mid 70's the kids with money were always souping up their cars. I took a ride with a neighbor who had a full blown street illegal 67 Mustang fast back, with a fully tricked out 400 something engine and a blower sticking out of the hood.He took us down a road called metro parkway one night around 1 AM....with open headers. My ears are still ringing. Went smoked off from a light completely sideways and hit 150 before the next light approached. I almost cried, I thought I was gonna die. Insane.... :club:
Not bad! It is un nerving going that fast. In Detroit back in the mid 70's the kids with money were always souping up their cars. I took a ride with a neighbor who had a full blown street illegal 67 Mustang fast back, with a fully tricked out 400 something engine and a blower sticking out of the hood.He took us down a road called metro parkway one night around 1 AM....with open headers. My ears are still ringing. Went smoked off from a light completely sideways and hit 150 before the next light approached. I almost cried, I thought I was gonna die. Insane.... :club:
I took the front end of my 68 'stang off the ground at ~120, which was about the top end of the speedo's range, and wouldn't dare take it over 100 after that. Maybe with some body work to add downforce, but I couldn't afford to redo the car that way.

Racing cars is cool, but now that you are an adrenaline junkie you need to do this:Air Combat USAYou fly in a high performance acrobatic plane, and dogfight another person. You will do full loops rolls, etc.No flying experience necessary, but they do have a stick. Just no clutch. You fly about 200+ MPH, and pull around 6Gs. The roll rate of the plane is 540 degrees per second.I did this last year, awesome. I made myself almost sick after doing 4 loops during my 4th dogfight. They video you and your gunsite, so you get to show your friends how much of an ace you are.Most fun you can have with or without clothes on.

Racing cars is cool, but now that you are an adrenaline junkie you need to do this:Air Combat USAYou fly in a high performance acrobatic plane, and dogfight another person. You will do full loops rolls, etc.No flying experience necessary, but they do have a stick. Just no clutch. You fly about 200+ MPH, and pull around 6Gs. The roll rate of the plane is 540 degrees per second.I did this last year, awesome. I made myself almost sick after doing 4 loops during my 4th dogfight. They video you and your gunsite, so you get to show your friends how much of an ace you are.Most fun you can have with or without clothes on.
What's next...... skydiving? It would be hard to drive one of those without knowing stick, which I learned once a long time ago but have since forgotten. So the fact that he was able to get it going is impressive. I know a lot of people say they love driving stick and wouldn't want to drive anything else, but I just think it's more relaxing to drive an automatic.

I can't watch this video blog on the speedway. The rest of them work fine. What's up with that? Anyone else having this problem?

very cool video blog.I have only done the ride-a-longs at Texas Motor Speedway and Watkins Glen (road course).The G-forces are really something. Makes you think twice about the guys that have to go 250 laps at 190 mphWay to go DN