Obviously, we don't know the structure yet, but we at least know it is No Limit Hold'em and the format is going to be something similar to cash games. Here is how I have the teams ranked in their order of strength:1. Team 4 (Barry/Ivey)2. Team 6 (Daniel/Jennifer)3. Team 5 (Ferguson/Forrest)4. Team 3 (Juanda/Siedel)5. Team 2 (Chip/Eli)6. Team 1 (TJ/Dewey)7. Team 8 (Doyle/Todd)8. Team 7 (Sexton/Violette)I can't wait to watch this. I talked to Jennifer Harmon tonight at the PPL kickoff tourney and she said she thought we would be able to go watch live in the theatre at the Venetian. All of the players seemed pretty hyped about it and they were all discussing strategy and who they thought had the best teams. It was fun to listen to.

I am jealous..getting to talk to Jen Harman. She seems like a nice person, and has gone through a lot over the last few years. I agree with your rankings although it is difficult to be certain without knowing the structure or even the games that will be played.

Our team is without a doubt the most balanced and best suited for the structure of the league. Barry and Ivey have a great team, but they have some holes that will cause them serious problems throughout the regular season. Problems our team simply won't face.

DN, dont feel bad about losing Arieh...i dont think he fits well into such a format...like you said you wanted players that fit well and worked hard.I think Arieh has to be one of the laziest human being, for several reasons. Schulman and Matusow will want to prove themselves and probably wont have the all or nothing attitude that Arieh will have in this format. Good luck.

DN, dont feel bad about losing Arieh...i dont think he fits well into such a format...like you said you wanted players that fit well and worked hard.I think Arieh has to be one of the laziest human being, for several reasons. Schulman and Matusow will want to prove themselves and probably wont have the all or nothing attitude that Arieh will have in this format. Good luck.
I'm dying to know these reasons...I've always been under the impression that Arieh murders cash games--though, more specifically PLO.

TO be honest I was not all that excited about this PPL thing, until now.With the team layouts, I am getting jazzed.Good luck DNI love that Chau Giang was #1 draft pick. I bet they were really sorry they couldn't get DN as their second pick to translate for them.#3 pick Annie Duke? not so smart#6 Gabe...I will defer to Dn's better knoweldge of the pros, I am expecting good things.Not really sure why Antonio got picked so high up, and Mike so low.I am looking forward to this whole season.For number one team I would have to say I pick..shoot they all look good.Tough one to pick

#6 Gabe...I will defer to Dn's better knoweldge of the pros, I am expecting good things.
If I'm understanding right, they had to pick one player from each group, so the groups that weren't as deep, it'd make more sense to snag the best value early and pick from the deeper groups later.
If I'm understanding right, they had to pick one player from each group, so the groups that weren't as deep, it'd make more sense to snag the best value early and pick from the deeper groups later.
Bingo. Gabe was the only elite player in the group. Sure there may have been better players available in other groups, but if you didn't get Gabe you'd see a significant drop off in talent from there. Almost like, this: would you rather have two B's or an A and an F? It's much better to build a solid all around team.

I like this team, a lot..Team 2:Co-Captain- Chip ReeseCo-Captain- Eli Elezra2) Patrick Antonious15) Kenna James18) Lee Watkinson31) Men Nguyen34) Esther Rossi47) David WilliamsAntonius is a monster in the cash games--absolutely disgusting what he's been doing at the highest levels on Full Tilt--James is good, Watkinson's a solid TAG who can wait on hands without rising blind levels, Men, eh..whatever, I know nothing about Esther Rossi, and David Williams is pretty allright for a 47th pick.

Our team is without a doubt the most balanced and best suited for the structure of the league. Barry and Ivey have a great team, but they have some holes that will cause them serious problems throughout the regular season. Problems our team simply won't face.
Daniel, I understand you thinking behind your teams advantage, but would you care to expand on what you think Barry and Ivey's holes are? I got the impression from Jennifer that she thought Caro would be a hole. I think Barry, Ivey, David, Arieh, and Chad Brown are all very cash game oriented although Chad Brown is more of a stud player I think that NL. I also think that Russo is a strong female player and I think Jennifer felt the same way. Also, would you care to predict the order of the teams final standings. I realize you don't want to step on any toes here, but step away! Not really, but you know spill as much as ya can :club: Pat
I like this team, a lot..Team 2:Co-Captain- Chip ReeseCo-Captain- Eli Elezra2) Patrick Antonious15) Kenna James18) Lee Watkinson31) Men Nguyen34) Esther Rossi47) David WilliamsAntonius is a monster in the cash games--absolutely disgusting what he's been doing at the highest levels on Full Tilt--James is good, Watkinson's a solid TAG who can wait on hands without rising blind levels, Men, eh..whatever, I know nothing about Esther Rossi, and David Williams is pretty allright for a 47th pick.
That team is bad. Really, really bad. Not the worst team but it is bottom three for sure. The highlight is Patrik but it really does end there.
Daniel, I understand you thinking behind your teams advantage, but would you care to expand on what you think Barry and Ivey's holes are? I got the impression from Jennifer that she thought Caro would be a hole. I think Barry, Ivey, David, Arieh, and Chad Brown are all very cash game oriented although Chad Brown is more of a stud player I think that NL. I also think that Russo is a strong female player and I think Jennifer felt the same way. Also, would you care to predict the order of the teams final standings. I realize you don't want to step on any toes here, but step away! Not really, but you know spill as much as ya can :club: Pat
Caro could be a crevasse. Plus, Vanessa and Chad are a couple. What if they break up? LOL. Team chemistry there is a problem on several fronts.
That team is bad. Really, really bad. Not the worst team but it is bottom three for sure. The highlight is Patrik but it really does end there.
I've watched Watkinson play some middle limit NLHE(5/10 and 10/20) on Full Tilt and he does reasonably well. Obviously the average FT 10/20 table is going to be a bit less competitive then the PPL, but, Antonius and Reese make up for a lot of ills if the structure more resembles a cash game than a tourney. Do you think Elezra's style fits well in this structure?
Obviously, we don't know the structure yet, but we at least know it is No Limit Hold'em and the format is going to be something similar to cash games. Here is how I have the teams ranked in their order of strength:1. Team 4 (Barry/Ivey)2. Team 6 (Daniel/Jennifer)3. Team 5 (Ferguson/Forrest)4. Team 3 (Juanda/Siedel)5. Team 2 (Chip/Eli)6. Team 1 (TJ/Dewey)7. Team 8 (Doyle/Todd)8. Team 7 (Sexton/Violette)I can't wait to watch this. I talked to Jennifer Harmon tonight at the PPL kickoff tourney and she said she thought we would be able to go watch live in the theatre at the Venetian. All of the players seemed pretty hyped about it and they were all discussing strategy and who they thought had the best teams. It was fun to listen to.
First off, let me say that i think all of the captains are awesome. I think your predictions here are right on. Daniel's team is very strong. from reading his blog they will be great (and i do think jennifer and Daniel would make the best pair to control mike.) But i have to say in a cash game, i think ivey's team has it. From Phil to David to Barry, they are going to be tuff to defeat. But goodluck Daniel, your team is going to thrive.
pretty close to how I think they might finish. I predict1. Team 42. Team 6 3. Team 34. Team 55. Team 2 6. Team 1 7. Team 8 8. Team 7Daniels team looks well rounded and tough to beat but I think team 4 is pretty sick. This looks like its gonna be fun to watch.

Duke was third? Juanda and Seidel used her as their first pick? I seriously almost puked! How can JJ let Seidel get away with that!!!? JJ is one of my favorite players and to see him give into Seidel's decision making like that is gross.

shes a great player. i didn't think she is a great cash game player but i don't think JJ and Seidel would 'waste' a pick
Sure, let's not "waste" our first pick. Let's use the third overall pick on such a great player "Ms. Annie Duke." We definitely are not "wasting" it. lol
Where's the format? It sounds like it's not tournament, but I can't find it anywhere.
The format/structure has not yet been announced, althought Daniel has said that it will be more cash game-like with stable blinds. So I imagine a competition with multiple rounds, hopefully with various games, and points to be awarded for each round depending on chip counts. Just my guess so we will have to wait and see.