another great episode. monday night is the new must see tv. obv. there is more to linderman than meets the eye.....excited to see where they go with all this.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another great episode. monday night is the new must see tv. obv. there is more to linderman than meets the eye.....excited to see where they go with all this.
I thought the episode was okay..not the best. But not unexpected at all now that they have to set up the rest of the season.It seems like they're shaping Linderman up to be the 'super villian' that is the raison d'etre for all heroes.
The cop went to prove it to his wife: Think of a number between one and a million....it faded out and never went back, the implication being he was about to prove it to her.Nikki/jessica was visited in jail by her hubby and son...touching moment when hubby reached throught the plexiglass to hold her hand. At the end, she wanted to give micah a hug...guard said no....but was careful, pulled out his billyclub and went to hit jessica as she approached...jessica stopped it with one hand and then snapped it in half, showing her super strength.nikki popped back in and was subdued, not wanting trouble.
That's not the way I took it at all. I think it was nikki the whole time and she is finally starting to tap into that part of her brain that controls her ability. That's why she had that surprised look on her face, like she couldn't believe what she just did. This makes sense to me because at some point there will most likely be a Nikki vs. Jessica type confrontation for control of her body/ability/life etc. and Nikki finally tapping into her power inches the story toward that point. The episode didn't have as much of a "WOW" factor as I thought it might, but it was still very solid. The show doesn't seem to be in any big hurry to get from A to B as far as major plot points, which is good because the characters become more three dimensional IMHO.As far as Linderman, I stand by my previous hypothesis that Linderman is behind the paper co. He's got his fingers in a whole lot of pies.

On NBC's site now is the preview clip of Hanna that I posted about in the spoiler earlier, watch it if you haven't. It also ties in with...Graphic Novel 17 is out. Titles "How Do You Stop an Exploding Man Part 1". Covers a little of Ted's background plus events from his escape from FBI custody up to what happens after he meets Hanna.

That's not the way I took it at all. I think it was nikki the whole time and she is finally starting to tap into that part of her brain that controls her ability. That's why she had that surprised look on her face, like she couldn't believe what she just did. This makes sense to me because at some point there will most likely be a Nikki vs. Jessica type confrontation for control of her body/ability/life etc. and Nikki finally tapping into her power inches the story toward that point. The episode didn't have as much of a "WOW" factor as I thought it might, but it was still very solid. The show doesn't seem to be in any big hurry to get from A to B as far as major plot points, which is good because the characters become more three dimensional IMHO.As far as Linderman, I stand by my previous hypothesis that Linderman is behind the paper co. He's got his fingers in a whole lot of pies.
I agree that i think nikki is on the road to controlling jessica, but i read jessica's appearance as still unplanned and uncontrolled, like with her lawyer and after the visit. However, in both cases, it seems nikki was able to bring jessica back under control much more quickly. Although we might disagree on the details, i think we agree on where the character is going.
I agree that i think nikki is on the road to controlling jessica, but i read jessica's appearance as still unplanned and uncontrolled, like with her lawyer and after the visit. However, in both cases, it seems nikki was able to bring jessica back under control much more quickly. Although we might disagree on the details, i think we agree on where the character is going.
Agreed.
On NBC's site now is the preview clip of Hanna that I posted about in the spoiler earlier, watch it if you haven't. It also ties in with...Graphic Novel 17 is out. Titles "How Do You Stop an Exploding Man Part 1". Covers a little of Ted's background plus events from his escape from FBI custody up to what happens after he meets Hanna.
The most important part of that comic is that Walter Sobchak is now a character.

More Heroes news/updates/behind the scenes stuff...Beaming Beeman: Episode 12 - the production blog for Heroes producer/director Greg Beeman, discussing the latest episode.Minor Spoiler from the Blog:

3 major new characters will be introduced and some that we have come to love may be killed!

Also interesting note at the end of the blog "P.S. Check out the number on the buisness card HRG hands to Suresh....Have you tried calling it yet?"Heroes story on Comic Book ResourcesThat article contains spoilers about Sylars powers...

Well, we saw that Sylar can freeze someone in episode 2. And after episode 8, I think his memory might be getting a lot better soon. In this next group of episodes, we'll be exploring his acquisition a little further.

Also about the little girl Sylar was after in "One Giant Leap"

She has a power Sylar wants

About the Haitian and why he is helping Claire...

We'll be learning of his agenda - but not as soon as you'd think. As for his origin? That's something we'll hint at soon enough, but another story we won't be able to fit in this season, but it has a special place in our hearts.

The most important part of that comic is that Walter Sobchak is now a character.
wow...I thought I was the only one who noticed that.....I'd laugh my ass off if they did that.
I think Jessica is the crutch that access's nikki's powers. Because if you notice, when they tried to take her down in the cell when she was visiting with Micha and DL, she snapped the baton like it was nothing. If you notice, Nikki was just as surprised she did that as the guards were. So, I think she'll get control over her powers sooner than later.
Maybe I don't pay enough attention, but when did they do that?
There were several.Ando talking about the symbols on the sword, one being "godsend".Suresh's little spiel at the beginning and end of the episode, the last part was referencing powers and god.Nikki/Jessica at the end of Suresh's comments saying "who needs god when you have me".There was another that caught my attention too but I cant think of it right now.
There were several.Ando talking about the symbols on the sword, one being "godsend".Suresh's little spiel at the beginning and end of the episode, the last part was referencing powers and god.Nikki/Jessica at the end of Suresh's comments saying "who needs god when you have me".There was another that caught my attention too but I cant think of it right now.
TY sir. I hope they don't become people chosen by God to fight evil or something gay like that.
TY sir. I hope they don't become people chosen by God to fight evil or something gay like that.
Also when the Haitian was talking to Claire, he talked about his powers being a gift from god. Lets not forget the episode was titled Godsend (maybe dealing with Ando's reference of the sword).

alright lets not get too damn wrapped up with the whole reference to god. I mean hell a quarter has in god we trust are we all gonna get a little worried about using those pretty soon. T minus 25 hours and 15 minutes till the next episode. cant wait

Kind of a slow episode but I expect next weeks will more than make up for it with all the setup work they did this week.The tension between Claire and Mr. Bennett was well done, it's obvious he is catching on to her. I'm liking the Haitian more and more, though I don't really understand what his motives are. Claire's mom can control fire... any guesses on who that dad is? I got a weird feeling it's

Nathan

, but thats just a shot in the dark, I suppose my other guess would be

Linderman

.Matt's parts were slow, he lost his job basically, wife is pregnant. Wonder if that means the kid will have powers and if he will still be so determined to go after Bennett.Kind of a weak introduction to Hiro's dad in my opinion. Wonder if he has power also, Hiro's and Ando's conversations were funny as usual.What power does Sylar have that lets him come back from death that he would still want Claire's powers for? Anyone thinking that next week we find out if Bennett really has powers or not next week?DL was acting like a sissy, Micah found a good use for his powers but I wonder how DL will react to it. The They still haven't shown the new character who controls wireless communication yet.They also said there are only 36 people on the list, thats a little more limited than I expected and it makes me wonder just how complete the list is.I'm surprised that Peter was so confrontational with Suresh, his brother I could understand but he was after Suresh's help before now he is obsessed with the bomb.

TV Guide Capsule of next episode....

Hiro tries to explain his new life direction to his unsympathetic father and sister; Niki tries to connect with D.L. and Micah; Peter gets another lesson in harnessing his power; and Claire's search for her birth mother leads her to a Texas trailer park.

Kind of a slow episode but I expect next weeks will more than make up for it with all the setup work they did this week.I didn't think it was slower than any other week. I liked this episode.The tension between Claire and Mr. Bennett was well done, it's obvious he is catching on to her. I'm liking the Haitian more and more, though I don't really understand what his motives are. Claire's mom can control fire... any guesses on who that dad is? I got a weird feeling it's

Nathan

, but thats just a shot in the dark, I suppose my other guess would be

Linderman

.I think that

Nathan

is a real long shot, but my initial thought was that it might be

Linderman

. Have we seen him yet?Matt's parts were slow, he lost his job basically, wife is pregnant. Wonder if that means the kid will have powers and if he will still be so determined to go after Bennett.I'm kind of fed up with Matt. He's not nearly as likeable as some of the others. I doubt his kid will ever be a factor in the series.Kind of a weak introduction to Hiro's dad in my opinion. Wonder if he has power also, Hiro's and Ando's conversations were funny as usual.Hiro is my favorite character. I don't think his dad will have any powers. I think he was basically just looking for Hiro and trying to get him to come home.What power does Sylar have that lets him come back from death that he would still want Claire's powers for? Anyone thinking that next week we find out if Bennett really has powers or not next week?Not sure about Sylar, but I thought it was Bennent who made it impossible for Matt to read his mind.DL was acting like a sissy, Micah found a good use for his powers but I wonder how DL will react to it.DL is now Micah's *****.They still haven't shown the new character who controls wireless communication yet.They also said there are only 36 people on the list, thats a little more limited than I expected and it makes me wonder just how complete the list is.I was surprised by this as well. I thought it would be into the hundreds.I'm surprised that Peter was so confrontational with Suresh, his brother I could understand but he was after Suresh's help before now he is obsessed with the bomb.I'm a big fan of the invisible dude. I want his power. If I had to pick one, it would probably be that.