Theory, not spoilers.Regarding Sylar. I I always thought the cheerleaders dad was the bad guy, possibly Sylar. But now I don't believe that is the case after watching the last few episodes. What I am curious about now is Nikki (I think that is here name, stripper, blonde, mirror girl). She seems to be the only one with powers that has a bad side. Could she be Sylar?
sorry but did you watch any episodes? they've shown sylar already a couple times
  • Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Mr. Bennett (Claire's dad) say his organization was trying to find and stop Sylar in last nights episode? I don't think there's anyway that Niki/Jessica could be Sylar either, it just doesn't fit at all in the continuity of the story. Here's my own little theory on Sylar's background etc:I think he was, at one point, associated with Mr. Bennett's organization, probably as a specimen. He eventually learned that there were others developing powers and didn't like that idea. I mean, if you were some sort of powerful "mutant" with an eye toward personal gain, how many others with talents would you want out there to stand against you? As far as him killing the others in a fairly specific method (ripping their head open), perhaps he gains strength for his own power by doing so, maybe he even figured that out while being held in Mr. Bennett's shop.I was looking around wikipedia and found a character listing that says Suresh does have a power, here's the link if you want to know:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_of_Heroes

Didn't Mr. Bennett (Claire's dad) say his organization was trying to find and stop Sylar in last nights episode? I don't think there's anyway that Niki/Jessica could be Sylar either, it just doesn't fit at all in the continuity of the story.
Yes he did, and Niki/Jessica don't fit the profile, timelines etc... she can't be in NY while she was in LV etc...
Here's my own little theory on Sylar's background etc:I think he was, at one point, associated with Mr. Bennett's organization, probably as a specimen. He eventually learned that there were others developing powers and didn't like that idea. I mean, if you were some sort of powerful "mutant" with an eye toward personal gain, how many others with talents would you want out there to stand against you? As far as him killing the others in a fairly specific method (ripping their head open), perhaps he gains strength for his own power by doing so, maybe he even figured that out while being held in Mr. Bennett's shop.I was looking around wikipedia and found a character listing that says Suresh does have a power, here's the link if you want to know:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_of_Heroes
My current theory is that the kid in Mohinders dreams last night was Sylar. Did you see the name on the file when he pulled it out of the desk? It was Sanjog Iyer, abbreviate it and you can see where I am going.It was hinted last night that Mohinders sister was special, so maybe he is to and just hasn't had an event happen that sets off his powers.Also, don't be surprised if Hiro returns to the current timeline speaking better English. My guess is that he went far enough back into the past that he gives that waitress her Japanese phrase book and uses that time to learn English himself.
Yes he did, and Niki/Jessica don't fit the profile, timelines etc... she can't be in NY while she was in LV etc...My current theory is that the kid in Mohinders dreams last night was Sylar. Did you see the name on the file when he pulled it out of the desk? It was Sanjog Iyer, abbreviate it and you can see where I am going.It was hinted last night that Mohinders sister was special, so maybe he is to and just hasn't had an event happen that sets off his powers.Also, don't be surprised if Hiro returns to the current timeline speaking better English. My guess is that he went far enough back into the past that he gives that waitress her Japanese phrase book and uses that time to learn English himself.
I was thinking along those lines as well. In her birthday pic, or in conversation, was it ever mentioned how long ago her birthday was? Then we'd know how far back Hiro went, since he's now in the picture. I don't know about the Sylar angle though. The bits we've seen of him look pretty caucasian to me. Also, why would Sylar be helping Suresh? It seems pretty contrary to the tiny bits of info we have about Sylar for him to help anyone. Maybe the kid is the psychological manifestation of Suresh's power.I definately need to take the time to rewatch this episode soon, it seems there is some pretty critical clues there.
sorry but did you watch any episodes? they've shown sylar already a couple times
Yes, every one and please tell me then who the actor is playing Sylar. All I remember seeing was possibly his/her hands.
Yes, every one and please tell me then who the actor is playing Sylar. All I remember seeing was possibly his/her hands.
Don't know too many specifics yet. In last nights episode we saw that Sylar is definately male, but his face was obscured by, what looked to me like, an unnatural shadow.

She said she got it for her birthday 6 months ago.We also know that Sylar was his dads test case, patient 0 as he referred to him. I bet that file he found was his dad studying him from overseas. The File contained things on earning in your sleep, and we know that when Mohinder went into Sylars apt, there were tons of books right by the bed.

Don't know too many specifics yet. In last nights episode we saw that Sylar is definately male, but his face was obscured by, what looked to me like, an unnatural shadow.
Cool, thanks!
She said she got it for her birthday 6 months ago.We also know that Sylar was his dads test case, patient 0 as he referred to him. I bet that file he found was his dad studying him from overseas. The File contained things on earning in your sleep, and we know that when Mohinder went into Sylars apt, there were tons of books right by the bed.
I'm rewatching "seven minutes to midnight II" right now so I just caught the six months part. I'll post more after I'm done. I think this weekend I'm going to watch all the episodes back to back to see what hypotheses I can come up with.**edit**Okay, I'm definately doing a marathon in the near future, but here's some thoughts/questions/ideas that struck me:Sylar has telekinesis as evidenced by his moving the coffee cup in the diner and controlling the locks in the cab, so that leads me to the painting of the flying locker doors. Furthermore, he seems to also have enhanced strength based on him punching through the plexiglass divider in the cab. Now, he's stealing brains from all his victims with abilities so maybe talent/knowledge absorbtion is his talent, but he needs the other persons brain to do it. Suresh's ability is definately manifesting during sleep, what if the little boy is actually him and he was adopted too? His father wanting to keep that secret would help explain why that file wasn't in with the rest of his work.Mr. Burnett works at a company called Primatech Paper, which is obviously a well financed and well constructed front for his other work. This would require quite a bit of capital. I wonder if Primatech may be owned by Linderman?The painting of the burning station wagon, was the wagon in the closing of the show where Ted escaped. This leads me to firmly believe that Ted, directly or indirectly, is the cause of the NYC explosion. Directly would be Ted himself blowing up NYC. Indirectly, would be Sylar killing Ted, absorbing his talent, and voila we have NYC a la mushroom cloud.
Just to add, did anyone notice the binary on the computer had the symbol tattooed on Nikki (the one in Ricker's avator) repeating over and over?
yep, it's the same program that was discovered in New York. This symbol pops up all over the place and I believe someone listed everywhere you can find it, lemme see if I can find the same list.Appearing frequently throughout the series is a symbol which strongly resembles an RNA molecule. Said appearances include:Several flotation devices in the swimming pool at a crime scene float in this shape. As a recurring shape shown scrolling across a laptop screen in a genetic profiling program created by Chandra Suresh. On a drawing done by Peter Petrelli. Frequently painted by Isaac Mendez. On a post-it note on the map in Mohinder Suresh's apartment. Written on a geometry textbook owned by Claire Bennet. Written on pictures in Sylar's apartment. As a tattoo on Niki's back whenever her alternate personality surfaces. Engraved on the hilt of future Hiro's sword. Printed on the front of Chandra Suresh's book, Activating Evolution. Printed on the upper-left corner of the 14th issue of 9th Wonders! comic book, written by Isaac Mendez (the 13th issue that Micah was reading did not have the symbol). On a necklace worn by the Haitian. On a picture of Niki painted by Isaac. The symbol was hidden under an extra layer of paint. A second symbol, consisting of two parallel lines, has appeared on the necks of two of the superpowered characters in the show:Matt Parkman, the telepathic main character. Ted Sprague, a character who appears to be able to generate and manipulate ionizing radiation.
Just to add, did anyone notice the binary on the computer had the symbol tattooed on Nikki (the one in Ricker's avator) repeating over and over?
Yea, same program that was running from the portable hard drive on Mohinders laptop earlier in the series.
Close up of the pic of Hiro and the waitress that appeared on the bulliten board at the end of the episode. He doesn't look happy about having his pic taken.hiropicture.png
Picture doesn't wanna link, but that's ok, I went to the site. Yeah, he looks really uncomfortable.

I'm surprised no one else seems to think that the little GIRL in Suresh's dreams are actually his sister? Suresh's mother mentioned that the father thought his daughter was special. Wouldn't it make sense that the father started this crusade because of his daughter? And that the clippings related to things surrounding her death? Maybe Suresh, through dreams, can channel dead people? Any thoughts?

I'm surprised no one else seems to think that the little GIRL in Suresh's dreams are actually his sister? Suresh's mother mentioned that the father thought his daughter was special. Wouldn't it make sense that the father started this crusade because of his daughter? And that the clippings related to things surrounding her death? Maybe Suresh, through dreams, can channel dead people? Any thoughts?
He pulled the file out of the desk with that kid (I can't tell if it's a boy or a girl, soccer ball indicates Boy to me though) so I don't think it was his sister, the file also had a different name, not Suresh. Also according to his mom his sister died at 5, that kid looked 10-12 or so.Prepare for Peter to get hurt next episode...Remember when future Hiro came back and told him that he didn't recognize him without the scar? That means sometime before they meet in the next episode Peter gets a scar on his face, probably from the painting that shows the lockers flying at his head.
I got the distinct impression that the kid in the dreams is a male, but I suppose its possible I misconstrued that. I'm firmly in the camp that the kid is Sylar though, and his younger self is trying to help anyone who'll listen to stop his older self. Just a theory, and everyone has one. That's what makes this show so great.

After reading the last few pages of this thread, I feel so inadequate with my Hero watching. The depths to which some of you have analyzed this show amazes me. I enjoy reading everyone's theories.I am no afraid to comment on the show, as I might would probably make a fool of myself.I'll just resign myself to watching/enjoying the show.

After reading the last few pages of this thread, I feel so inadequate with my Hero watching. The depths to which some of you have analyzed this show amazes me. I enjoy reading everyone's theories.I am no afraid to comment on the show, as I might would probably make a fool of myself.I'll just resign myself to watching/enjoying the show.
You should go over to The Fuselage sometime, those people are truly amazing when it comes to picking apart little details of a TV show (Lost, in this case). Google "Fuselage Lost" and it should be the first entry. Decent site, lots of good stuff.
I wouldn't feel too inadequate....And no offense to the majority... but some people are coming up with ideas that are just way off. Seemingly out of thin air.Most though, do pickup on quite a few things and are doing a great job. More than I usually see by only watching once. I haven't double watched any episodes yet. But the kid is not Sylar. They showed Sylar's face in the shadows in the diner, he was clearly male (beard/5'clock shadow), and he looked white to me. That rules out the kid.... And why would you even come to that conclusion? It seems quite clear the kid is either part of Mohinder's power, or somehow connected to his father and using Mohinder's dreams to communicate (as evidenced by the file about dreams).
It is his sister! I'm pretty sure the name on the file is the same name his mom called his sister earlier in the show. Plus, there were crayon drawings of the brain by a little kid, which probly has to do with her "special" power.Oh, and I love this show. So many possibilities for future seasons. Before the season I had hoped that it would end up as an x-men type thing with the heroes working together in spandex to save the world, but so far it looks nothing like that. The mysteriousness and in depth storylines have made it more of a new age graphic novel story. Let's hope they keep it up!
It is his sister! I'm pretty sure the name on the file is the same name his mom called his sister earlier in the show. Plus, there were crayon drawings of the brain by a little kid, which probly has to do with her "special" power.Oh, and I love this show. So many possibilities for future seasons. Before the season I had hoped that it would end up as an x-men type thing with the heroes working together in spandex to save the world, but so far it looks nothing like that. The mysteriousness and in depth storylines have made it more of a new age graphic novel story. Let's hope they keep it up!
The name on the file was It was Sanjog Iyer (maybe Iyer Sanjog depending in if the file was last name first or viceversa), that was not his sisters name. His sisters name was Shanti. The character was also played by a boy named Javin Reid.
Iyer SanjogThat's a guy.