Huge And Immediate Threat To Online Poker

Here's the problem (as of this Friday):

As NROG reported earlier this week Sen Bill Frist is actively seeking to attach his online gambling ban to a new piece of legislation. NROG has been entrenched in D.C for the last several days and after a very late night last night and a rough morning we learned that his sights are back on the DoD bill. This after a clear outright refusal last week by Sen. Warner and Sen. Levin. In the last several hours, Frist has gained momentum on this fight after compromising on a carve out for the Horse Racing Industry. He is now vigorously trying to get this bill passed, by any means, before Congress breaks next week. His worst case scenario is to get passage during the Lame Duck session after elections but it seems now that this could happen sooner rather than later.The DoD bill will officially be released from conference Monday and be brought up for vote Wed/Thus of next week. Staffers are working through the weekend to get the support they need in for the attachment and passage.You need to mobilize now. It's a light day on the hill but offices are open CALL, EMAIL, YELL. Guys you need to let your voices be heard in grand scale today.I will continue to report back on this unfolding situation.www.saveonlinegaming.com We Need Your Support.Jay BaileyNROG
When you call your senator, you usually talk to an aide who will take note of your opinion and pass it along to the senator. It's nothing to be afraid of, and usually the calls take about 30 seconds. It's the least we can do to preserve our way of life. If you're reading this, you should be calling 1) Senator John W. WarnerWeb Site: warner.senate.govWashington Office:SR-225Washington, D.C. 20510-4601Phone: (202) 224-2023Fax: (202) 224-62952)Senator Carl LevinWeb Site: levin.senate.govWashington Office:SR-269Washington, D.C. 20510-2202Phone: (202) 224-6221Fax: (202) 224-1388 3) Your state's senators.Here's a script to use when calling:A couple of people have asked me what message to deliver to a Senator or represenative that you might be calling. After thinking about it some, this is what I have come up with.- I am a {Republican/Democratic} voter in your {state/district}. (I would only mention your party affiliation if it corresponds with that of the congressperson. If you are a veteran or reservist, or have a son/daughter/father/brother who serves in the military, I might also mention that.)- I oppose Senator Frist's effort to attach provisions on internet gambling to the Department of Defense Authorization bill.- Internet gambling is a complex issue that deserves to be debated before the full light of day in the Senate.- It is particularly inappropriate to attach extraneous language to a defense bill, where it jeopardizes pay raises for our troops in a time of war.- Congress should instead work to tax and regulate gambling over the Internet, as it does other forms of gambling like lotteries and horse racing.

this has been posted already but i like the part u added with the phone callsif anyone is afraid they will trace your number or something downlaod skypeand call them from your computer

I thought this was last week and they didn't attach it..They are doing it again?
Yeah, they carved out the stuff about horse racing and it's gaining a lot of momentum. Since a lot of people prematurely relaxed, this thing could easily fly in under the radar. We need people calling these two senators now.There's no need to worry about your phone being traced. You're calling to say that you don't think anti-gambling legislation should be attached to an unrelated bill. You're exercising your right as an American by contacting these senators. They represent you in the legislature; they are your voice in government. There's nothing illegal about that. Please, everybody call call call.
who are you talking to, the OP? he's giving people an easy way to call and support online poker with their congressman, senator or whatever. If I was American, I would appreciate this thread.
he's spammng it several places.like you wouldn' be able to do this without the thread?
he's spammng it several places.like you wouldn' be able to do this without the thread?
I would, but a lot of others might not, and the "script" would be helpful for people that might be nervous about it.I didn't realize he was spamming it several places, but there is a lot worse spam, at least he's spamming something useful.

I don't think it's spam at all. It's an important issue that people need to know about, and a lot of people only read the general forum. I didn't know about it myself until I saw a thread on 2+2 tonight. I think the more people this information gets to, the better.

Fair enough. Bumps for the thread are a good thing. Just thought the "go away idiot" comment was a little harsh when the OP's doing something to try to help online poker and by extension the forum.