Official Bruins Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm tempted to like Lucic, if only because he is so hated by both Serge and Dale.

What is happening?
Patrice Bergeron got hit from behind about 10-12 minutes ago and has been motionless ever since except for one slight movement of his right leg. They just immobilized him and carried him off on a stretcher.
Patrice Bergeron got hit from behind about 10-12 minutes ago and has been motionless ever since except for one slight movement of his right leg. They just immobilized him and carried him off on a stretcher.
Damn. I hope he is ok. He is one of my favourite players, good guy.

His was hit from behind by Randy Jones who has been given a major and a misconduct. The hit was definitely from behind but I have seen many, many worse checks. Bergeron's head and neck area seemed to hit the edge of the boards where it meets the glass.I'm sick.

The Bruins look dead right now. I have no idea how they could play after seeing a friend and teammate go down like that. This is just scary thinking about it, especially after Travis Roy day last week. We all know how bad these injuries can be.

Sometimes with head / neck injuries the person is told not to move for fear of causing more damage. If he actually moved his leg like Dale said, that is obviously a good sign. Let's hope it is somehow just a strain and nothing serious.

Sounds like is at least conscious.http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=10597
"His parents had come in for the game, but instead of watching their son compete in the greatest game on the planet they are now at the hospital after witnessing the darkest side of our sport."fuck

I wonder if the Flyers are trying to revive the 70's Broad Street Bullies image, or something. This is 3 nasty incidents in a short amount of time.Oh, and is Downie their official seat-warmer in the penalty box even though he's suspended?Philadelphia tripping - 2 min 0:20, M. Richards served by S. Downie Philadelphia interference - 2 min 5:46, K. Timonen served by S. Downie Boston fighting - 5 min 9:02, S. Thornton Philadelphia fighting - 5 min 9:02, R. Cote served by S. Downie Philadelphia fighting - 5 min 9:17, B. Eager served by S. Downie Boston fighting - 5 min 9:17, M. Lucic Boston roughing - 2 min 16:07, C. Kobasew Philadelphia boarding - 5 min 16:07, R. Jones served by S. Downie Philadelphia game misconduct - 10 min 16:07, R. Jones served by S. Downie

I wonder if the Flyers are trying to revive the 70's Broad Street Bullies image, or something. This is 3 nasty incidents in a short amount of time.Oh, and is Downie their official seat-warmer in the penalty box even though he's suspended?Philadelphia tripping - 2 min 0:20, M. Richards served by S. Downie Philadelphia interference - 2 min 5:46, K. Timonen served by S. Downie Boston fighting - 5 min 9:02, S. Thornton Philadelphia fighting - 5 min 9:02, R. Cote served by S. Downie Philadelphia fighting - 5 min 9:17, B. Eager served by S. Downie Boston fighting - 5 min 9:17, M. Lucic Boston roughing - 2 min 16:07, C. Kobasew Philadelphia boarding - 5 min 16:07, R. Jones served by S. Downie Philadelphia game misconduct - 10 min 16:07, R. Jones served by S. Downie
That must be Yahoo. Downie isn't playing.UPDATE: They just said Bergeron did indeed lose consciousness on the ice.

Well I don't think the Bruins played too bad, all things considering (except Chara, he's useless as far as I'm conserned). Biron played awesome and stole the game for the Flyers. Still no updates on Patrice. I fear that the longer it takes for an update, the worse it is, but maybe I'm just paranoid. Hope he pulls through and it's nothing major.

Man, that's an ugly hit, looked just like the one that ended Travis Roy's career 11 seconds in. I hope he's ok, just a shitty deal all around because you can tell Randy Jones really didn't mean to hurt him, it was just a hockey play that went bad.

He wouldn't feel anything then.Too soon?
Never too soon. In fact (and I feel like a jerk for it, but I can't help it), when the game continued and Boston started playing like crap, I could picture it being a proline commercial:Bergeron gets nailed, it's quiet in the whole stadium, except for 1 philly fan cheering his head off and holding up a proline ticket. "Proline. Because anything can happen."

Just curious...With what looks like the World Series Champions and the best team in football how much if any press is this Bruin team getting in Boston??