Running Bad, I Mean, Real Bad

People very rarely post hand histories of the hands where they make the biggest mistakes.Sometimes because they're embarassed.But mostly because they just dont know what they did was a mistake. Because if they did, they wouldnt have done it in the first place. So those hands never get posted... instead, the "bad beat" hands are posted as a means of explaining the "variance!!!".

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People very rarely post hand histories of the hands where they make the biggest mistakes.Sometimes because they're embarassed.But mostly because they just dont know what they did was a mistake. Because if they did, they wouldnt have done it in the first place. So those hands never get posted... instead, the "bad beat" hands are posted as a means of explaining the "variance!!!".
I pretty much only post the hands where I make a mistake...

Today is a very important session for me. I got my rakeback from WPEX, $500. If I can't win with this, I don't even know if I want to make another deposit. Might have to go back to live games...WISH ME LUCK!!! Im looking to get in 600 hands before I go to see my girlfriend for her lunchbreak. I NEED A FREAKIN WIN!!!!

I wasn't saying it was truly shocking, but all of these beats happeing in the same day, during the same session, that is pretty sick. Those beats alone were accoutable for over $500 in losses. That sucks.
fwiw, every hand in the most recent post contains (arguably) a mistake. in two of those your mistake is only not having enough $ at the table. it saved you there, but that is a huge mistake.
hey, please, no need for that in Strategy.keep your hate in General, please sir :club:
okay, how bout this...he clearly overvalues his hands. He doesnt know when to use the wa/wb line and losses lots of bets because of this.good?
Great post. great insight. you brought a lot of light on the subject.
Keep folding AK knowing they have QJ :D
okay, how bout this...he clearly overvalues his hands. He doesnt know when to use the wa/wb line and losses lots of bets because of this.good?Keep folding AK knowing that have QJ :club:
sorry to hijack this thread corp. bas- don't ever talk to me again. we can post in the same threads but i don't post in any threads started by you and you don't post in any threads started by me. we neither quote nor reply to each other. i don't owe you a reason, and you owe me nothing. sound good?
sorry to hijack this thread corp. bas- don't ever talk to me again. we can post in the same threads but i don't post in any threads started by you and you don't post in any threads started by me. we neither quote nor reply to each other. i don't owe you a reason, and you owe me nothing. sound good?
what is wrong with you? you quoted me? And honestly I'm tryin to talk strategy here. Why do you fold AK knowing they have QJ?I see I really struck a chord by saying that to you. Did that hurt your feelings?
what is wrong with you? you quoted me? And honestly I'm tryin to talk strategy here. Why do you fold AK knowing that have QJ?I see I really struck a chord by saying that to you. Did that hurt your feelings?
Can you try english? You have QJ? I don't get it.
I believe they're refering to Quiz Q 21 about the AK on the first hand of the WSOP Zach
His sentence still doesn't make any sense.The best part is that he made whatever mistake he made in two seperate posts.
His sentence still doesn't make any sense.The best part is that he made whatever mistake he made in two seperate posts.
he's referring to a discussion that he and i had awhile back about the hypothetical question that daniel posed for the current quiz. of course, in our discussion phil ivey and gus hansen weren't at the players table. the thread is not worth finding. the only important part of the thread was when i said that the goal of most tournaments (more specifically, SNG's) was not showing down a hand. bas said it couldn't be done, which caused me to play 100 $1 sng's wtih my cards covered (i taped paper onto the screen). i finished with a positive ROI. (slight brag)since i don't want to fully hijack this thread: corp-how did it go the other night? how's it been running since? how are you doing mentally? it's tough. we know. i hope things are going well.
really?details?
yes really.Inappropriate conduct on multiple occasions.That's about as detailed as I know and/or feel is my place to say.I think he was good for strategy and enthusiastic; albeit, a bit hostile, and too new to get away with it, perhaps.
yes really.Inappropriate conduct on multiple occasions.That's about as detailed as I know and/or feel is my place to say.I think he was good for strategy and enthusiastic; albeit, a bit hostile, and too new to get away with it, perhaps.
sw?
hahah yea that is rather funny. I'm not that dumb. I did mean to say they instead of that. My grammar isnt very good and I dont really overlook what I type that often. Sorry for that