.50/1 SH NL on fcp5 players sitting with $80-$130hero is utg with :D:club: hero raises to $5 with $90 behindMP calls $5Button calls $5SB calls $4.50BB calls $4pot is $25flop is :):D:D SB checksBB bets $25 with $110 behindhero ?!?!?!?!?!?WTF is this....I don't have any quality reads on any of the players.Do you call/raise/fold here knowing that you have 3 players left to act in the hand?

.50/1 SH NL on fcp5 players sitting with $80-$130hero is utg with :D:club: hero raises to $5 with $90 behindMP calls $5Button calls $5SB calls $4.50BB calls $4pot is $25flop is :):D:D SB checksBB bets $25 with $110 behindhero ?!?!?!?!?!?WTF is this....I don't have any quality reads on any of the players.Do you call/raise/fold here knowing that you have 3 players left to act in the hand?
C'mon, Gary. You know on-line poker is rigged! The guy obviously has 44, and you need to fold.Seriously, a pot sized bet there is most likely a J, but could be 2 spades, imo. Personally, I would fold this, but you know me to be weak.
C'mon, Gary. You know on-line poker is rigged! The guy obviously has 44, and you need to fold.Seriously, a pot sized bet there is most likely a J, but could be 2 spades, imo. Personally, I would fold this, but you know me to be weak.
actually, a call would be weak.I was a clear r/r or fold IMO.I know what I did and what happened after I acted.This strat question is NOT results based, but I'm very curious to see what the NL guys have to say about it.
If you both had bigger stacks, I would say a RR would make sense. But seeing as a RR would pretty much commit you and you say you dont have a particular read, then I would say fold.

Well, this hand sucks.I don't believe the BB has the J, but we still have three other people who might. I guess you have to fold here, but if it were me and I had even two folds ahead of me, I'd stick it.

ok, results in white blow:I fold because of the players left to act. MP folds, Button folds, SB folds and the BB rakes in the pot. I have no idea if the fold was right or not. Guess I'll never know for sure.

jam or fold the floploose table, any read on BB ?I would not normally put him on the J, nor any other player based on simple card combos, the J is not out there.The BB would look to c/r imo with a J a lot here.I'm jamming the flop.with your money at least.

I'm jamming the flop.with your money at least.
I don't like this here. We're at a very loose table and protecting the heck out of my flopped trips seems very reasonable to me, considering I might be dealing with at least one overpair and flush draw. BB calls with a J or 44 and no other hand. If we do jam and take it down, look for the same play when someone does flop trips and puts us on an overpair to the board.
actually, a call would be weak.I was a clear r/r or fold IMO.I know what I did and what happened after I acted.This strat question is NOT results based, but I'm very curious to see what the NL guys have to say about it.
The only time I see clear r/r fold situations is on heavily draw heavy boards that suggest the player is drawing more than he's made. Clear R/R or fold does not encompass an overpair against a board of paired face cards w/ a flush draw. You can't R/R here and fold. the pot's just way too big w/ all the callers. Everyone has folding as an option, and since you went with that, there had to be something that seemed off about the hand that made you think you were behind, so the fold is probably right here.
Why can't we call the flop and fold the turn? I think it's probably a fold first. However, I'd rather call here then push.
Personally, I would probably call the flop and see what action transpires behind me. And then I would spike the A on the turn and be done with it. I would not give the 25 dollar bet credit for the jack, though.
Why can't we call the flop and fold the turn? I think it's probably a fold first. However, I'd rather call here then push.
you hoping the turn helps us ?you hoping the BB stops making a play for the pot, or doesn't push his semi -bluff / underpair, putting us on AK maybe ?or you just want to give better odds to :club::D behind us?I'm learning, help me.
you hoping the turn helps us ?
Be nice, but not so much.
you hoping the BB stops making a play for the pot, or doesn't push his semi -bluff / underpair, putting us on AK maybe ?
Mostly. Although, I probably push my semi-bluff against a solid player if I was him. I'm looking more to have 88 and the like slow up. The argument for call over raise can be made cause we sitll have position if this gets heads up. Likely, i fold if a second bullet gets fired w/o a read.
or you just want to give better odds to :club::D behind us?
I want to watch out for the jack behind me too w/ so many people in the pot. I also, want to be able to slow up the villian if he's not on a bluff and the spade comes and/or make his semi-bluff transparent if he keeps firing at the pot if a spade does hit.
Mostly. Although, I probably push my semi-bluff against a solid player if I was him.
You're gonna bet the pot into 4 players on that flop with a semi-bluff? That seems a little BOLD to me.
I'm looking more to have 88 and the like slow up. The argument for call over raise can be made cause we sitll have position if this gets heads up. Likely, i fold if a second bullet gets fired w/o a read.
Lets say we call and everyone else folds. Now you think you're gonna let go of the hand on the turn if no spade comes and the villian bets "$XX" into a $150 pot?
I want to watch out for the jack behind me too w/ so many people in the pot. I also, want to be able to slow up the villian if he's not on a bluff and the spade comes and/or make his semi-bluff transparent if he keeps firing at the pot if a spade does hit.
This is why I played the hand the way I did. *shrugs* This is exactly why I posted the hand. I don't know if you saw what I actually did in my hidden text post above, but these are tricky situations for me.Just a weird hand, and I thought I should get some feedback.Thanks for the input everyone.
You're gonna bet the pot into 4 players on that flop with a semi-bluff? That seems a little BOLD to me.
I will on a board like this if the conditions are right. (I don't usually pot semi bluffs unless i'm 3-betting tho)
Lets say we call and everyone else folds. Now you think you're gonna let go of the hand on the turn if no spade comes and the villian bets "$XX" into a $150 pot?
yes, That's the point of calling w/ position.. because his actions on the turn are going to give you a better idea where he's at. If you're unknown to him, he probably slows down w/ smaller pairs and probably slows down w/ the draw (if he's standardish) because he knows you have a piece. However, he keeps firing with the jack. .