God Bless 911 Families

My cousin solidified his decision to go into the Marines during his schooling at the Naval Academy because of the events of 9/11. Sadly, using ill-conceived logic, Iraq and 9/11 were fallaciously linked and my cousin ended up leading men into battle during the second invasion of Fallujah (his company was the very first in). Four days into the invasion he was hit by a sniper's bullet.May all the families of victims find peace. More importantly may we all find truth and renew our corrupted definition of freedom in these dark times.

a lot of families lost loved ones in ways more horrible than 911. wheres your post about them? shallow loser
The only shallow loser posting right now is you... how anti american can your beliefs possibly be if you cant see that the events of 9/11 were some of the most horriffic event in America's history? if you want to remember people who died in other horrible ways, then make a thread for them, and we will read and respect those lost on those days... this thread is about those lost on September 11th though. And we need to be there for each other through times like this. I love the patriotism that is going on right now in New York. It is sad, and our prayers do need to go out to those who lost love ones. Please keep your rude comments to yourself. My prayers and thoughts are with all of you FCPers who lost someone that day.
a lot of families lost loved ones in ways more horrible than 911. wheres your post about them? shallow loser
Because today is 9/11. It's not "Day Random Family X lost a loved one."Besides, where's your posts with condolences for the other families you speak of? You didn't even offer sympathy in your craptastic reply. In fact, 150,000 people will die today so you'd better get posting.

as you get older, I think you just keep in mind that you have no idea what pain someone is dealing with on any given day. 9/11 was a more collective affirmation of that concept. It was overwhelming to me as I watched it from before the 2nd plane hit until about 3 hours after the towers fell, before going to work. People lose loved ones everyday, of course. And while the horrific deaths of the passengers/office workers/Pentagon employees can't and should not be trivialized, I am overcome with emotion every time I think about the efforts made by the NYPD/FDNY/PortAuthority... and many "average" citizens sacrificing their lives. I feel so proud to be in the same universe as them yet, on the other hand, quite guilty for being a major underachiever.be thoughtful everyday for the suffering others go thru, even when you have no clue what it may be.

Because today is 9/11. It's not "Day Random Family X lost a loved one."Besides, where's your posts with condolences for the other families you speak of? You didn't even offer sympathy in your craptastic reply. In fact, 150,000 people will die today so you'd better get posting.
maybe it will be 150,001 and we wont have to worry about shank anymore
maybe it will be 150,001 and we wont have to worry about shank anymore
Subtle, yet to the point. Well done.OBV 9/11 is a day to remember that we're always going to be at war as long as people with the means to kill hate us, and want to kill us.
Our family knew a few who were lost as Im sure many others have as well.A sad day to remember. Peace some day, eh?Best to all. :club:
ScottVery good call here.Keep everyone who lost a loved one in your thoughts and prayers tonight.PeaceAdam

I pray for all of the souls lost that day and for their families and friends left behind. I hope they can all find peace.I thinks it's a day for the rest of us to reflect on what we can do to eliminate hate and try to make the world a better place.