Poker Strategy Technique

I just wanted to know if anyone knows what a squeeze play is in NLHE. I have a general idea but need a more defined understanding.Please enlighten and I'm not talking about the baseball terminology!

I just wanted to know if anyone knows what a squeeze play is in NLHE. I have a general idea but need a more defined understanding.Please enlighten and I'm not talking about the baseball terminology!
Go buy HOH2 u cheap bastege
I just wanted to know Daniel would answer this question in his next video blog.Also, Daniel, I want a shout out, could you hook me up?Pretty please? I don't want to keep making posts, but I will!
FYP.
I believe the real squeeze play is what Esfandiari used on Matusow off camera after he pants him
Throw David Williams in the mix and you'll learn what ATM is too!
I believe it's when you are in the big blind and there's a early position raiser and a caller. You reraise getting both the other guys to fold if they don't have a very strong hand because you are squeezing the early position raiser between you and the caller. The early position raiser is squeezed because he doesn't know what the caller behind him is going to do.
Thanks drajte!!!that's the best explanation for me to understand! Thanks again
no prob. Don't use it a lot though. You really need to think that the early position guy is kinda weak because they've been open raising a lot of pots with a variety of hands. If they hold AA or KK, they are of course going to push you all in. You need to also have a really tight image so they respect your raise. Oh yah, you are always generally doing this with any 2 cards. You don't actually have a good hand for it to qualify as a squeeze play.The squeeze play also generally applies only to tournaments where your M is getting low but you are still getting fold equity and it's worth stealing those chips. I would never do it in a cash game. Just not worth it.

Since you haven't read HOH 2, I'll give you the overview of the hand where Harrington talks about the squeeze play Ok, this happened at the main event FT when Raymer won...Raymer, who is a very loose aggressive player, came in for a standard raise..Nothing out of the ordinary really, but his range is super wide because he likes to pick up a lot of small pots...Behind him, Josh Arieh called..Arieh also likes to see lots of flops w/ speculative hands and knows Raymer is the loose agressive type...Now it was Harrington's turn to act, and I believe he was in the blinds, as thats where this play is commonly made from..Knowing that Raymer can be opening lots of pots with a wide range, that Arieh can be calling here w/ an equally wide range, and that himself has a very tight, aggresssive image at the table, he pushed all in, thus squeezing the originaly raiser..It is essential that you have enough fold equity to do this though..For example, if Harringtons all in would have given Raymer calling odds of 2.5:1 or so, he was defintely going to call and the play would never work..Its a very high risk/high reward play, but you MUST have great reads to do it..I really wouldn't suggest it a lot online, especially at low limitsAnd if it mattered to you, here are the hole cards of each of the players handsRaymer had Ace 2, Arieh had King 9, and Harrington had 4 2 (I think)..It didn't matter at all what he had clearly, and he even says in the book he decided to pull this move regardless if his cards..Btw, I did this all from memory, so don't give me a hard time if I messed up a small detail here or there

Since you haven't read HOH 2, I'll give you the overview of the hand where Harrington talks about the squeeze play Ok, this happened at the main event FT when Raymer won...Raymer, who is a very loose aggressive player, came in for a standard raise..Nothing out of the ordinary really, but his range is super wide because he likes to pick up a lot of small pots...Behind him, Josh Arieh called..Arieh also likes to see lots of flops w/ speculative hands and knows Raymer is the loose agressive type...Now it was Harrington's turn to act, and I believe he was in the blinds, as thats where this play is commonly made from..Knowing that Raymer can be opening lots of pots with a wide range, that Arieh can be calling here w/ an equally wide range, and that himself has a very tight, aggresssive image at the table, he pushed all in, thus squeezing the originaly raiser..It is essential that you have enough fold equity to do this though..For example, if Harringtons all in would have given Raymer calling odds of 2.5:1 or so, he was defintely going to call and the play would never work..Its a very high risk/high reward play, but you MUST have great reads to do it..I really wouldn't suggest it a lot online, especially at low limitsAnd if it mattered to you, here are the hole cards of each of the players handsRaymer had Ace 2, Arieh had King 9, and Harrington had 4 2 (I think)..It didn't matter at all what he had clearly, and he even says in the book he decided to pull this move regardless if his cards..Btw, I did this all from memory, so don't give me a hard time if I messed up a small detail here or there
arieh was the original raiser, not raymer.

I thought a squeeze play was when two players at the table are partners and they put the squeeze on you by raising and re-raising, leaving u in the middle. Normally one of the partners has the nuts and the other has any random hand and raises, catching u in the middle.

I thought a squeeze play was when two players at the table are partners and they put the squeeze on you by raising and re-raising, leaving u in the middle. Normally one of the partners has the nuts and the other has any random hand and raises, catching u in the middle.
no