''**official San Francisco Giants Thread''**

I doubt anyone will post in this thread, but my Giants are on a roll! 11 out of 14 and only 2 out of the wild card! Speak up if you're a Giants fan! Hummmm baby!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt anyone will post in this thread, but my Giants are on a roll! 11 out of 14 and only 2 out of the wild card! Speak up if you're a Giants fan! Hummmm baby!
The Giants aren't going anywhere, but down. They need to rebuild.

For the next few years, the Giants are going to be built on young pitching. They have Lowry and Cain already solid pitchers in the majors, with Jonathan Sanchez probably ready to start next year and Tim Lincecum coming up in 2008 at the latest. They are stacked in young pitching prospects.Their problem is their offense. But with a good-sized payroll, they can go out and get a couple of good bats for the middle of their lineup next year.This is significantly more optimistic than I thought I could be about the Giants. Wow.

For the next few years, the Giants are going to be built on young pitching. They have Lowry and Cain already solid pitchers in the majors, with Jonathan Sanchez probably ready to start next year and Tim Lincecum coming up in 2008 at the latest. They are stacked in young pitching prospects.Their problem is their offense. But with a good-sized payroll, they can go out and get a couple of good bats for the middle of their lineup next year.This is significantly more optimistic than I thought I could be about the Giants. Wow.
They've got to clear a lot of those old farts out first though. I can see the Giants being a pretty strong team in the future, but not now.
They've got to clear a lot of those old farts out first though. I can see the Giants being a pretty strong team in the future, but not now.
The old farts are all gone after this year.Contracts that are up, off the top of my head: Finley, Bonds, Alou, Durham, Schmidt, Kline, Feliz, Hillenbrand, Stanton. I think there's a couple more too.Okay, Vizquel will still be around next year, but I love Omar Vizquel and any bad words said about him will make me sob uncontrollably.
Barry Bonds must die.
Yes he must. Im a diehard A's fan, but I liked the Giants as a kid with Will Clark and Matt Williams. They will be my 2nd favorite team once Barry Bonds retires and or dies.
The old farts are all gone after this year.Contracts that are up, off the top of my head: Finley, Bonds, Alou, Durham, Schmidt, Kline, Feliz, Hillenbrand, Stanton. I think there's a couple more too.Okay, Vizquel will still be around next year, but I love Omar Vizquel and any bad words said about him will make me sob uncontrollably.
I love Omar also. He is my favorite Giant by far. But my all time favorite players are Williams and Clark.
Projected closer, right? Filthy numbers this year, I know.
They're projecting him as a starter right now. His line from a couple nights ago in San Jose:Player IP H R ER BB SO HR ERALincecum 5.2 1 0 0 2 11 0 2.38 He's been insane this year in the minors. Thinking about how good the Cain/Lincecum/Lowry/Sanchez rotation can be for years makes me really happy.But then I remember that the Giants can't develop position players for shit. And that brings me right back down to earth.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Contracts that are up, off the top of my head: Finley, Bonds, Alou, Durham, Schmidt, Kline, Feliz, Hillenbrand, Stanton. I think there's a couple more too.
Yeah, I look really smart now that the Giants decided to bring back like half of these guys.Pedro Feliz is my least favorite non-Dodger-or-Pierzynski-or-Ricky-Ledee-if-he's-not-on-the-Dodgers-anymore player in baseball. He's terrible.Also, I guess you can disregard what I said about Sanchez starting. Because he's not, because Russ Ortiz is apparently the answer to this team's problems.
Yeah, I look really smart now that the Giants decided to bring back like half of these guys.Pedro Feliz is my least favorite non-Dodger-or-Pierzynski-or-Ricky-Ledee-if-he's-not-on-the-Dodgers-anymore player in baseball. He's terrible.Also, I guess you can disregard what I said about Sanchez starting. Because he's not, because Russ Ortiz is apparently the answer to this team's problems.
As a long time, die hard, Giants fan, I was really disappointed with their off season as far as offense and the bullpen.I think the starters can and will hang with any rotation in the division but if we can't figure out how to score more than 1 run a game (save for the gift runs vs the Pares in our only win) this is going to be a LOOOONNNNGGGG season I'm afraid.Agreed that Pedro needs to go away. Dude's 30 years old and still can't lay off breaking pitches in the dirt. We'll be luckly to get something like 260. 25. 75 out of him this year.I love Brian Sabian but his lust for past their prime veterans is tired, unproven and killing us.
As a long time, die hard, Giants fan, I was really disappointed with their off season as far as offense and the bullpen.I think the starters can and will hang with any rotation in the division but if we can't figure out how to score more than 1 run a game (save for the gift runs vs the Pares in our only win) this is going to be a LOOOONNNNGGGG season I'm afraid.Agreed that Pedro needs to go away. Dude's 30 years old and still can't lay off breaking pitches in the dirt. We'll be luckly to get something like 260. 25. 75 out of him this year.I love Brian Sabian but his lust for past their prime veterans is tired, unproven and killing us.
Sabian is a ****ing peice of ****. All his moves suck, and I really hope that they fire him this year.
  • 4 weeks later...

When are you guys going to bring up Lincecum? His AAA stats are just nasty.

When are you guys going to bring up Lincecum? His AAA stats are just nasty.
Sunday. ESPN. 81 pitches. 27 strikeouts. Perfect game.Okay, the first two things are true anyway.
Sunday. ESPN. 81 pitches. 27 strikeouts. Perfect game.Okay, the first two things are true anyway.
QFT. I can't wait for sundays game.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I ****ING HATE THIS MAN. THE DUMB *** GIANTS GAVE THIS GUY A TWO YEAR EXTENSION. HMMMMMMMMM IF I LAST CHECKED WE WERE 18 GAMES UNDER 500 WITH THE WORST OFFENSE IN BASEBALL. OKAY SABEAN START SIGNING MORE 65 YEAR OLDS IN THE OFF SEASON SO THAT ****ING CHEAT BONDS CAN HIT MORE HOMERUNS. YOU ****ING PEICE OF **** I HATE YOU I WONT GO TO ANOTHER GAME AS LONG AS YER OUR GM YOU ****ING SLUTBAG POS.ChMH2J4R.jpgDIE ************