Official Fcppc High Buyin Event Thread

Thanks for the compliment. But seriously, I know there are 2 winners (players who won on their first try in round of 20) on each side but based on preliminary round standings, how did #4, #16, #17 and #20 end up in one group, and #2, #3, #8 and #18 on the other group?
It's because it is rigged. I was wondering the same thing. I thought it would go by your ranking from the preliminary rounds. Also, How can the top 4 be in group 2 when I am in group 1?
Quarterfinals were weighed by round of 20 performance, then by preliminary performance. In addition, some people needed to play either one day or the other, which left us with the groups we have. If you would like me to explain it more throuroughly, PM me and I'd be happy to.
  • Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quarterfinals were weighed by round of 20 performance, then by preliminary performance. In addition, some people needed to play either one day or the other, which left us with the groups we have. If you would like me to explain it more throuroughly, PM me and I'd be happy to.
That explanation is good enough. Thanks.
I want to hear people predictions for the final 8. I say These 4 advance.TheBigB11Groucho Msals11TroyomacFinals Troyomac defeats TheBigB11.I figure he will suck out on me 3 times in our championship match.
Quarter 1:1st TheBigB112nd seacucumberQuarter 2:1st msals112nd troyomacSemi 1:troyomac def. TheBigB11 in 3Semi 2:msals11 def. seacucumber in 3Final:msals def. troyomac in 4Also, matches are up... tonight's password is hiq1 tomorrows hiq2

Information about the consolation tournament. The 12 players who got knocked out in the round of 20 are invited to a $250 added tournament. The tourney is optional, will be held Thursday, time TBD (probably 10), and with a $5+.5 buyin (which will not be refunded). Top 3 will pay, with 3rd just getting the tournament payout ($12 if full)... 2nd gets tournament payout plus $30 ($18 + $30 if full)... and 1st gets tournament payout plus $220 ($30 + $220 if full). This tournament will be under the scheduled section of the private tournaments, and the password will be hiconList of elgible players:CheckymcfoldEvilGNmcpicklZIPPY COOTIEsupertouchcopernicusibthepennyhomer21VatcheTB17GWCGWCgobearsThat is all.

Reminder, both semifinal matches are tonight... and the entire best of 3 series will be played. Prior to your match you must be 'checked in'... just register for the fcp_star_hi match to check in. At 10 you may unregister and the two quarterfinal winners will make heads up matches (Oziumrules and AAsnake88), switching for the 2nd match, and switching back for the third if necessary.Matchups are: Oziumrules vs msals11, AAsnake88 vs TheBigB11My predictions... msals and sloshr both in 3 matches

Reminder, both semifinal matches are tonight... and the entire best of 3 series will be played. Prior to your match you must be 'checked in'... just register for the fcp_star_hi match to check in. At 10 you may unregister and the two quarterfinal winners will make heads up matches (Oziumrules and AAsnake88), switching for the 2nd match, and switching back for the third if necessary.Matchups are: Oziumrules vs msals11, AAsnake88 vs TheBigB11My predictions... msals and sloshr both in 3 matches
Once again Ozi gets no love..... :club:
What happened in last nights match? I fell asleep before it started. I thought for sure that Troyomac would advance. Good luck to all tonight, especially me and not AAsnake88 so much.
I'm not normally one to make excuses for losing. I'm just gonna say that I wasn't well rested, and couldn't play anywhere near as good as I should be able to. However even if I was on the ball, that was just a damn tough group, and anyone could have won it.
Once again Ozi gets no love..... :club:
Don't worry Ozi, I wouldn't let it bother me if the guy picking me to lose, didn't think either of the players from the other group would advance.

Why are people hatin group 1. I hope it is a group 1 final, then all you people talking about how group 2 had the best four players can shut up. So Good luck tonight Ozi.Prediction Ozi and TheBigB in 2 Matches. I give no love to group 2.

Why are people hatin group 1. I hope it is a group 1 final, then all you people talking about how group 2 had the best four players can shut up. So Good luck tonight Ozi.Prediction Ozi and TheBigB in 2 Matches. I give no love to group 2.
Uhm...no it won't matter if it's a group 1 final. The best players are still in group 2. No hatred, just truth. Don't cry now.
Uhm...no it won't matter if it's a group 1 final. The best players are still in group 2. No hatred, just truth. Don't cry now.
What group where you in?I don't know how you think that the best were in group 2. Oh we'll just your opinion, not mine.
I'm not normally one to make excuses for losing. I'm just gonna say that I wasn't well rested, and couldn't play anywhere near as good as I should be able to. However even if I was on the ball, that was just a damn tough group, and anyone could have won it.Don't worry Ozi, I wouldn't let it bother me if the guy picking me to lose, didn't think either of the players from the other group would advance.
Im not...its all in good fun. Good Luck everyone!
Good Luck to the final 2. I really enjoyed this format, you did a great job running this zsta2k6! Hope we get more people next time.
:club: Thanks zsta. If you need any help next season let me know. If you doubt me in the finals, take Dennis Greens advice. "If you want to crown em, crown em" I miss denny in Minnesota. I also miss an offense.

The finals are set. TheBigB11 is taking on msals11 for the big prize. The best of 5 series is set to start at 9 for those interested.Also, the consolation tournament is tomorrow night at 10. PMs are going out tomorrow, hope to see everyone there.

Information about the consolation tournament. The 12 players who got knocked out in the round of 20 are invited to a $250 added tournament. The tourney is optional, will be held Thursday, time TBD (probably 10), and with a $5+.5 buyin (which will not be refunded). Top 3 will pay, with 3rd just getting the tournament payout ($12 if full)... 2nd gets tournament payout plus $30 ($18 + $30 if full)... and 1st gets tournament payout plus $220 ($30 + $220 if full). This tournament will be under the scheduled section of the private tournaments, and the password will be hiconList of elgible players:CheckymcfoldEvilGNmcpicklZIPPY COOTIEsupertouchcopernicusibthepennyhomer21VatcheTB17GWCGWCgobearsThat is all.
45 minutes... 2 people registered... last warning
The finals are set. TheBigB11 is taking on msals11 for the big prize. The best of 5 series is set to start at 9 for those interested.Also, the consolation tournament is tomorrow night at 10. PMs are going out tomorrow, hope to see everyone there.
did this happen?i didn't get one and just happened to read this thread today.could be why there are only two of us registered
did thid happen?i didn't get one and just happened to read this thread today.could be why there are only two of us registered
ditto.i also checked the lobby and couldn't find anything that seemed to match the description.

Announcements