so if i'm addicted to sex and continuously rape random woman i don't deserve to be behind bars, i deserve to be in rehab?NO! exactly. Laws are there for reasons, and he knew this before he did it.Oh he's a serial killer. He just has an addiction problem, lets send him to the psych ward for help. give your head a shake. Because of people like him other things such as robberies, and murders happen. It's a chain reaction and he's part of the situation.and if he got 5 of his 6 things dropped, he copped out on someone. Use your head buddy.
The difference is that he wasn't actually hurting others, just himself. I'm all for rehabilitation!
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no wonder he got into this mess. He didn't even have enough money to people playing the blind man's bluff tourney @ last years WSOP.

Like who cares about Mike anyway---just another big mouth brat. Keep him in jail---maybe he'll learn to keep his mouth shut---or open. "he may have the biggest balls in the world" per say, but i bet he learned the true meaning of "all in" hahahnever dealt with addiction evidently?
it's not an addiction. apparently.. he got involved with some people he shouldn't have gotten involved with and was in the wrong place at the wrong time. apparently.
no, his whole situation does have to do with his diseas. If he didn't have an addiction then he wouldn't have even thought to hook someone he only sort of knew up with even the small amount he did. When you have a substance addiction your mind will think in ways that the general populace can't completely comprehend, or choose not to comprehend. Addiction kills and it effects those that are close to the addictee too. I can garuntee you that DN and their friends don't like seeing Mike where he is. It is a testament to them too that they are generally positive towards him too in his dark hours(from what things sound like from the little Daniel has talked about it). I just hope for the best for him when he gets out and gets on the right path as he doesn't seem like a totally bad person(just annoying at the table). I've had to deal with the results of addiction through experiences of close friends and I hate much of the callousness and ignorance that people show towards it. Addiction ruins lives and those who haven't experienced the dark side of it really have no right to place judgements on those struggling with it. Try walking a mile in their shoes and you might be more forgiving

Hey folks..........let's not judge......I find MM's personality annoying when I have seen him on TV playing poker, but geeeezzzz.....I hope he gets the help he needs and returns to help make the WPT a more fun and competitve environment.....We need lots of characters at the poker tables.....good and bad...........Thats part of the reason it is so much fun!

• 3 weeks later...

good for Mike and here's to hoping that he can successfully move on in life. I think he'll do great at the WPT championship because a probably feels great right now being out. Mike if you have checked this site out since you got out, good luck man. I'm pulling for you to kick some ass

I'm rooting for him to recover and get back to the table as well. He seems like a very skilled poker player from what I've seen (admittedly not a lot). It grosses me out how people always make jokes about prison rape. You think prison rape is funny? Maybe you need some rehabilitation.

I'm rooting for him to recover and get back to the table as well. He seems like a very skilled poker player from what I've seen (admittedly not a lot). It grosses me out how people always make jokes about prison rape. You think prison rape is funny? Maybe you need some rehabilitation.
I'm sorry dude, but I still think prison rape is pretty hilarious. Not that I want to ever see it in a movie again (Damn American History X), but it's still pretty damn hilarious. Don't be so PC. That's awesome that Mike went straight to playing cards. More power to him. I hope he stays patient and doesn't let too much of himself ride on cards -- by that I mean I hope he doesn't get to the point where he breaks down and cries if he goes out of a tournament.He's good enough to at least make a decent living in poker, even if he chooses to stay out of the lime light of tournaments and just grind it out for a while.Go Mike.
I'm sorry dude, but I still think prison rape is pretty hilarious. Not that I want to ever see it in a movie again (Damn American History X), but it's still pretty damn hilarious. Don't be so PC.
Its not that I'm being PC. Its only that I just saw American History X. :club:
whatever man. he knew what he was getting into.he didn't cop out on any friends' date=' that's why he's in in the first place. Someone HE KNEW copped out on himwhich is how the undercover found him. He didn't even get the undercover much' date=' he thought he was hooking up a friend with a small bag. Its ignorance like yours that makes me really mad. Should he have done it, no. Would he if he didn't have an addiction problem, probably not. He made a mistake. This country has a very draconian outlook towards Addicts and its ignorance towards the disease that keeps it like that. He belongs in treatment, not behind bars. Its rather ridiculous that he could've gotten pi[b''][/b]ssass drunk and have gotten behind the wheel, get caught, and only get off with a DL suspension or beaten someone up real bad and only get off with probation. You tell me what is worse, what he did, or the things I mentioned
This country does look down at addiction for a very good reason; it's a disgusting weakness. Go about your life, do your drugs all you want.But, don't come to me bitching about your weakness and wants happened to you because of it. And about Mike being a rat; I do hope that is not true. A rat is just about the lowest P.O.S. that there can be. If you're a rat, you might as well be a Catholic Priest running a day-care. Because, you are on the same level as a molester.I don't see him doing that. Seems like a decent peckerwood.
what the hell are you all talking about? As far as I understood it, he wasnt doing drugs, he was getting drugs for someone who he thought was a friend of his and got busted. Where the censored do you all get these ideas from? Mike was setup so that he would rat out supposed "Big time" drug dealers that he knew. Mike, as far as I know, is not a drug user AND he didnt rat anyone out which is why he was put in prison for so long.[/quoteThat's why he was put in prison for so long! Six months to a year in prison is NOT a long time by anymeans. Just when you get your routine going, it's time to go. He'll get healthy, lift weights, and get three good meals a day. I think he will come out even stronger and sharper mentally and physically.
He started with 3500$ on the Limit Omaha hi/lo and cashed out 11k...Not a bad first session.
not much of a surprise. He's one of the best Omaha players out there

I was playing in a tourney and had his table open. Some railbird asks him if he plays online very often, b/c he hsn't seen him around.Andy Bloch, replies, "he's been on vacation."I was rolling. Thought some of you might find it amusing.Though Andy and Mike seemed to be friends as they were asking what they were doing tonight and Mike invited him out for sushi....Huskers20

Out of curiosity, if drugs are a choice and you only hurt yourself by doing them, then why do my tax dollars go to support rehab facilities and such. It would seem that making the choice to do drugs should certainly void a person from taking any tax payer dollars for anything, especially for treatment of something that was a choice to begin with. Certainly seems like drugs hurt more than just the person taking them..especially if they have a family to support.

Guest Anonymous
"he may have the biggest balls in the world" per say, but i bet he learned the true meaning of "all in" hahah
You my friend are a comic genius. That is the funniest sheoot I have heard all week.
Out of curiosity, if drugs are a choice and you only hurt yourself by doing them, then why do my tax dollars go to support rehab facilities and such. It would seem that making the choice to do drugs should certainly void a person from taking any tax payer dollars for anything, especially for treatment of something that was a choice to begin with. Certainly seems like drugs hurt more than just the person taking them..especially if they have a family to support.
why do my tax dollars pay for someone to be unemployed, welfare, and I don't want to pay for such programs as WIC either. It's a choice if you want to live in the USA and enjoy more opportunities and freedoms than most countries. If you don't like it move somewhere else.
Guest Anonymous
what the hell are you all talking about? As far as I understood it' date=' he wasnt doing drugs' date=' he was getting drugs for someone who he thought was a friend of his and got busted. Where the censored do you all get these ideas from? Mike was setup so that he would rat out supposed "Big time" drug dealers that he knew. Mike, as far as I know, is not a drug user AND he didnt rat anyone out which is why he was put in prison for so long.[/quoteThat's why he was put in prison for so long! Six months to a year in prison is NOT a long time by anymeans. Just when you get your routine going, it's time to go. He'll get healthy, lift weights, and get three good meals a day. I think he will come out even stronger and sharper mentally and physically.[/quote'']So Mike does not have an addiction to dope? Then he his Just a f-ing moron.
so if i'm addicted to sex and continuously rape random woman i don't deserve to be behind bars, i deserve to be in rehab?
Last time I checked, rape and non violent drug offenses are on completely different ends of the spectrum. I don't know any details about what happened but addiction should be treated. Rapists should be put behind bars.
i just want to ask one question.Have you ever or do you drink alcohol.Have you ever or do you smoke ciggarettes.Have you ever or do you drive without your seatbelt on.Any of the above result in greater chance of rehab or hopsitilization or rehab (addiction or phyiscal therapy) and if your insurance doesn't cover, any of the above are impacted by my tax dollars.So please, before deciding to herald your tax dollars as le sperm de Zeus, stop and make sure you're not being a hyprocrite.(I'm a long time volunteer drug and alcohol counselor who wants to remind everybody that even with the extreme taxes on alcohol and ciggarettes, the health problems/rehab inflicted by them still cost society as a whole 10 fold the amount that illegal drugs do)