Stupid Online Move

Ok this happened at a SNG. Everyone folds down to me who's in the small blind, I complete (8c 9c), and he times out, flop comes I bet (thinking he wasen't there ><), he reraises, I fold, he shows kings ><. It cost me an extra 600 ><.Anyone else seen this done? It might not be the best way to make money with kings, but I would rather be outplayed then have this happen ><.

if he timed out, he should've been folded or all in, i dont' recall a site that allows a player to time out and stay active in the hand...i could be wrong but i just don't recall ever seeing it

Ok this happened at a SNG. Everyone folds down to me who's in the small blind, I complete (8c 9c), and he times out, flop comes I bet (thinking he wasen't there ><), he reraises, I fold, he shows kings ><. It cost me an extra 600 ><.Anyone else seen this done? It might not be the best way to make money with kings, but I would rather be outplayed then have this happen ><.
this was a play money tourney wasnt it? go on you can admit it

No it's not play money, it was on FTP. If someone times out they automaticly fold/check. In a SNG they do the same thing next hand, in a cash game they are automaticly dealt out the next hand.

Read the post properly. He was in the small blind and completed the bet. The BB hand was still live. When it times out all it does is check the hand. Standard functionality on all sites I use.
if he timed out, he should've been folded or all in, i dont' recall a site that allows a player to time out and stay active in the hand...i could be wrong but i just don't recall ever seeing it
Read the post properly. He was in the small blind and completed the bet. The BB hand was still live. When it times out all it does is check the hand. Standard functionality on all sites I use.
Read the post properly. He was in the small blind and completed the bet. The BB hand was still live. When it times out all it does is check the hand. Standard functionality on all sites I use.Read the post properly. He was in the small blind and completed the bet. The BB hand was still live. When it times out all it does is check the hand. Standard functionality on all sites I use.
i hope you copied and pasted and didn't actually type that twice

Don't most sites tell you when a player is away? I've seen players time out and still be active. Every time I've seen it, it's been a sign of strength. I'm not sure why that is, but they always have a big hand.

Don't most sites tell you when a player is away? I've seen players time out and still be active. Every time I've seen it, it's been a sign of strength. I'm not sure why that is, but they always have a big hand.
FTP doesn't, which is the site he was playing at when this happened.

He probably didn't disconnect. His timer ran down and it checked him. Then it probably said you will be checked/folded until you return. Click the button and there was a I'm Back button. It checked him, he clicked the button. you acted first and he raised. It just automatically acted for him because his time ran out. Like on a football game. If the defense doesn't pick a play it automatically picks it and keeps the game going. I hope 600 was the minimum bet, since if he had disconnected that would have been all you needed for him to fold.

He probably didn't disconnect. His timer ran down and it checked him. Then it probably said you will be checked/folded until you return. Click the button and there was a I'm Back button. It checked him, he clicked the button. you acted first and he raised. It just automatically acted for him because his time ran out. Like on a football game. If the defense doesn't pick a play it automatically picks it and keeps the game going. I hope 600 was the minimum bet, since if he had disconnected that would have been all you needed for him to fold.
Yea, I'm saying that he let his timer run down so that I would auto-raise after the flop, giving him the best money on his kings (In his opionion, only getting an extra 600, but of caurse I'm not going to call, if he did it on purpose it shows ALOT of strength). Yea 600 was the minimum, it was a turbo SNG, so blinds where going up fast.Oh well, I was just kinda pissed off at it :club:, I was wondering if anyone else had seen this also though.