I played my first MTT today, with Party Points. I don't play NL, so, it was a stretch for me.I played 2, the first one I went out early, 700ish out of 900.The second one I came in 37th out of about 900. 7 out of the money.I'm not too unhappy with my results...in fact I'm feeling pretty good about it.

hold on...37 out of 900 and you didnt cash? Wtf kinda MTT was this?
He said it was a Party Points freeroll. Those already have a set prize pool/places.

Freeroll, like I said, Party Points.Sorry to have wasted your precious time with what I saw as a success story.Least you had a place to get yer +1's, and all that earth shaking stuff posted.No, it didn't pay a Brazillion, like you guys all get, but, for my second shot at a NL Tourney I was pretty happy with myself.Forgive me.

+1 againseriously though. thats a nice finish for your 1st mtt. I was super stoked when i cash in my frist mtt a fr on Absolute poker like 2 years ago. and it was for like 2 bucks after like 5 hours of play. congrats and gl on getting deeper and winning one someday.

hold on...37 out of 900 and you didnt cash? Wtf kinda MTT was this?
I got 18th out of 1200 on a party poker ppt freeroll and I was 2 away from the cash, 7 hours for nothing!...Party Freerolls are pretty bad

I didn't play it for the money, I played it to get some NL experience. I don't feel I played well, tight enough, not aggressive enough. A guy has to start some where.I got to play for three hours and it didn't cost me.I'm getting tired of low limit online limit games. It's real, real, real hard to make any money. I want to learn NL.

if you're really into learning nl and want to play in some tourneys, try the micro/low limit tourneys. the only trouble with them is.....it's not enough money to keep the tards out. Freerolls are bad because well, they are freerolls and you get alot of people with that attitude and you will get called and sucked out on more often. Lower limit NL tourneys are often excuses for some people to play ridiculously and use the excuse that it's costing them nothing. you will get the good rewards for good hands cause you'll get callers but you will also take more bad beats (IMO) Just be aware of that. BTW..good luck, i hope you're able to learn from your new experiences