Does anyone play on Pacific Poker? I have been playing and winning, then I cash out...and all of a sudden the bad beat train comes along and drains my account. I heard the site is really streaky...I was just wondering if its worth attempting to play on it again

Does anyone play on Pacific Poker? I have been playing and winning, then I cash out...and all of a sudden the bad beat train comes along and drains my account. I heard the site is really streaky...I was just wondering if its worth attempting to play on it again
I used to play there like a year or two ago. I also ran into the "cashout curse" multiple times there. Seems like I could be a winning player for the longest times until I decided to cash some out and then I'd just take the worst beats and have the worst run of cards for a couple of days straight.Not claiming it's "rigged" or anything and I know it happens almost on every site it seems, but it just seemed more obvious there. I played there for about two solid years and ended up cashing over $10k but yeah... every cashout brought a downswing. Funny thing was that I rarely experienced downswings when I wasn't cashing out.Again, not claiming they rig it, just saying it's something to think about. But the site has to be the fishiest and softest site out there.
I used to play there like a year or two ago. I also ran into the "cashout curse" multiple times there. Seems like I could be a winning player for the longest times until I decided to cash some out and then I'd just take the worst beats and have the worst run of cards for a couple of days straight.Not claiming it's "rigged" or anything and I know it happens almost on every site it seems, but it just seemed more obvious there. I played there for about two solid years and ended up cashing over $10k but yeah... every cashout brought a downswing. Funny thing was that I rarely experienced downswings when I wasn't cashing out.Again, not claiming they rig it, just saying it's something to think about. But the site has to be the fishiest and softest site out there.
Yeah I thought it was only me, but alot of people I talked to said the same thing. I ran extremely well, then once I cashed it was all downhill. I lost the rest of my money a few months ago, and a few weeks back I redeposited more. I ran really well, but now that I cashed out again...Bad Luck. It def. crosses my mind.

Just a practical question on this phenomenon: How do you know when the cashout downswing is over? Like when someone says they cashout and its 'all downhill from there' does that mean these players are losing all their money, going totally bust, and then redepositing what they cashed out before, and then they can win again?I'm just curious because I have a buddy that tells me this every time he cashes out, how he then goes on this long losing streak, but it never makes sense to me. Is there a time limit on the losing, or is it just till all your money is gone and you have to redeposit?Mark

I don't get how that site has as much popularity as it does. The software is terrible. I played on there for a few days and every other hand someone was having connection problems, a few times that person being me.

Well I mean the logic behind the "cashout curse" is that you do really well and then cashout, and then the downswing comes... because it's going to come after doing well enough to want to cash out. I think that's what most people experience and then point the blame at the site... when in fact it's just normal variance.But when you run well almost all the time and never have a big downswing until the moment you cash out... well that smells a little fishy to me. It goes like:winning weekbreak even weekwinning weekwinning weekbreak even weekbreak even weekwinning weekbreak even weekwinning week(cash out)major losing week(rinse and repeat)Just doesn't fit in to the equation... Now if you were likebreak even for 4 weeksone big winning week(cash out)big losing weekThen it's like... duh variance. But when you consistently break even or win and then cashout and just BOOM downhill from there... yeah...

Just a practical question on this phenomenon: How do you know when the cashout downswing is over? Like when someone says they cashout and its 'all downhill from there' does that mean these players are losing all their money, going totally bust, and then redepositing what they cashed out before, and then they can win again?I'm just curious because I have a buddy that tells me this every time he cashes out, how he then goes on this long losing streak, but it never makes sense to me. Is there a time limit on the losing, or is it just till all your money is gone and you have to redeposit?Mark
Seems to be that you usually lose about as much as you withdrawal... then you play break even... then it goes back to normal. I don't think I ever went bust after a cashout though... But I think it might have been because I would force myself to stop playing if I started losing right after a cash... because it's as if they are trying to make you lose it all in order for you to redeposit...While I'm mentioning that... I'd also like to mention that Pacific Poker has the longest friggin cashouts I've ever seen. It takes like 5 days to get it to neteller and I guess they figure by that time you'll lose so much you'll just cancel your cashout and keep giving them rake.

I was playing there last summer and was winning a lot of money and was only cashing out like 50 or so at a time till i have my br over 1k then when i took my first couple deposits of 200 or so out I also was hit by this curse. I was going from winning every day to losing on ridic hands. i remember the one that got me and had me stop the sit was in a NL 3/6 i had 600 dollars had KQ suited and raised got one caller flop came K 3 4 i bet out and guy raised he was weak so i didn't give him credit for Ak or set because Ak he would have re-raised pre flop and a set he would have just called my bet to slow play. So I go over the top all in the pot was at about 150 at this point so i was over betting big but i figured he would call with K J or KT to my amazment he called with K 6 and ended up taking the pot with 2 5 runner runner for a straight. So im not saying online poker is rigged either but its just funny how when I made a huge withdraw, I started losing on miracle hands. I cashed out the rest of my money and have only played their once since

why anyone would play anywhere other than Poker Stars is beyond me
b/c their a bunch or wussies with their chat bans its like the site is a prison support are prison guards and lee jones is the warden
why anyone would play anywhere other than Poker Stars is beyond me
Well there are good sites Paradise and Full Tilt have always been good 2 me.I have cashed out multiple times and Im still winning there

why would a poker site that is making money from you want to discourage you from playing by punishing you when you cash out?Makes ZERO sense

I don't think it's only when you cash out either. 2 different times I've taken less than $20 to over $500 and then I've lost it all. The roller coaster ride there is insane. Now I'm sitting at $22 and I don't know if I want to try it again.On the plus side, they're finnaly allowing you to multi-table there! I thought the site was terrible becuase you could only play one table, but last week I was able to play a NL game and a SnG at the same time. Welcome to the 21st century, Pacific!