Structure Of Games In Vegas

i was pleasantly suprised at the structures i saw when i was in vegas last week. In LA the best you could even hope for is a 200 max buy-in table with 2/5 blinds. Meanwhile in Vegas i played in a 500 max buy-in table with 1/2 blinds. Unfortunately everyone was a nit and they were all scared to lose their buy-ins. I eventually played at the Aladdin which had a 200 (or 300 - cant remember) max buy-in with 1/2 blinds and the action was fast and loose and i was able to do well. Starting with 250 big blinds is awesome, but even more so if its a loose table. On a related note, when do you guys think would be the best time to buy-in short and play short stack poker? I dont like doing it much, but thought i may give it a try next time i play in vegas.

On a related note, when do you guys think would be the best time to buy-in short and play short stack poker? I dont like doing it much, but thought i may give it a try next time i play in vegas.
Basically, if there are two or three people who you can't outplay, a good strategy is to neutralise their skill by playing all-in poker. It really frustrates them when they aren't really hitting the flop hard and are trying to push/manipulate the players.

I hear Bellagio bumped their max buy in for the 2/5 game from 200 to 500. Personally, i would never prefer to start with a short stack in a cash game, think about it, all you're doing is limiting the amount you can win, sure you'll lose less, sometimes unless you decide to continually buy in.

Personally, i would never prefer to start with a short stack in a cash game, think about it, all you're doing is limiting the amount you can win, sure you'll lose less, sometimes unless you decide to continually buy in.
I generally agree with you.But I think a short stack can be quite hand to handle in a cash game, because they can take the skill out of it.
Caesars has a 1/2NL game with a $500 max buyin, and a 2/5NL game without a cap on the buyin.Mark
Not when I was there just last week. The 2/5 game was 500 max and the 5/10 game was no max. And to the OP, there are bigger buyin games at Hollywood Park ($300 3/5 game where you can buy another 300 when your stack goes to 150) and Hustler ($300 2/5 and a no max 5/10 game).

There is a lot of good to be said for Short stack poker, but I won't go into it.When I was at Caesar's in June, the 2/5 had no cap. And man were there a bunch on nits at the table. JT on the button, flop broadway, a guy bets, I put in a modest raise and he folds. Every time I flopped a big hand. Of course, it made picking up the pots without a hand really easy.

don't you guys get it yet?that's the beauty of living/playing here in vegas!all of the twitdonkeys in the world show up HERE to "play poker baby!"ROFLMAO!I suspect the level of play in the low $$ games is actually much better just about everywhere else....which is precisely why I luv to play HERE!!! :club: (btw, luv that 1/3 at the wynn...now let's see, 4 x the BB is ummm, 9, no wait, ummm, 12, ok 12, yeah that's it....ok let's see how many chips is that? umm, let's see 1, 2, 3, 6, 9, 12, ok so 5 chips? no wait, ummm, 4 chips, yeah, 4 chips, OK I RAISE 4 CHIPS....ummm, sir you can't raise just $4.00....oh yeah ok well I meant 4 of THESE chips....) :D

I eventually played at the Aladdin which had a 200 (or 300 - cant remember) max buy-in with 1/2 blinds and the action was fast and loose and i was able to do well. Starting with 250 big blinds is awesome, but even more so if its a loose table.
This was the best 200 max game I played in over the 2 weeks I was there. It was especially good in the early morning hours following the 2am tourney.
Not when I was there just last week. The 2/5 game was 500 max and the 5/10 game was no max. And to the OP, there are bigger buyin games at Hollywood Park ($300 3/5 game where you can buy another 300 when your stack goes to 150) and Hustler ($300 2/5 and a no max 5/10 game).
I've been playing in it the last 3 days. The 1/2 game has a $500 cap but the 2/5 game doesn't seem to have one. I've never sat down with less than $1000 at it, and I've seem people come and go with stacks of $100s in play well over $3000.Mark

i was pleasantly suprised at the structures i saw when i was in vegas last week. In LA the best you could even hope for is a 200 max buy-in table with 2/5 blinds. Meanwhile in Vegas i played in a 500 max buy-in table with 1/2 blinds. Unfortunately everyone was a nit and they were all scared to lose their buy-ins. I eventually played at the Aladdin which had a 200 (or 300 - cant remember) max buy-in with 1/2 blinds and the action was fast and loose and i was able to do well. Starting with 250 big blinds is awesome, but even more so if its a loose table. I cleaned up in that game at Aladdin in March. It was fast and loose then!!

The Venietian has printed there new tourney schedule in the new Cardplayer with Chip Reese on the cover (see page 32). The Saturday noon tourneys starts with 10000 chips $550 buyin