Another Stupid Thread For You To ***** About!

Good Idea?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be good or bad for poker to change the main event to a H.O.R.S.E event?

• It would be amazingly good for poker!
    • It would be a step up.
    • Wouldn't Change much.
    • Just accelerate the inevitable implosion.
    • Poker is doomed anyways.
  2. 2. What should the buyin be for the main event?

• $5,000
    • $10,000
    • $25,000
    • $50,000
    • $100,000
    • $250,000

Ya i realised it sounded sort of bias'd after the fact. It doesn't seem I can edit it now, so if a mod wants to edit it to a more balanced phrasing I am fine with that. It was intended to be balanced, so for now just vote as though its1 really good2 good3 indifferent4 bad5 really bad

It's fine the way it is.Why would you not want a random unknown player winning $12 million and then signing up with pokerstars to do TV ads and attract more players who want to play poker like it's a lottery...

HORSE would not be good for TV. The stud games are just to hard for casual fans to figure out.A buy-in increase is long overdue. The fields are already ridiculous. The only way to keep them close to manageable is to up the ante. 50k minimum!

I love the main event just the way it is. Can't vote that way in the poll.
Sure ya can, just have to do a bit of extra reading....like this....
Ya i realised it sounded sort of bias'd after the fact. It doesn't seem I can edit it now, so if a mod wants to edit it to a more balanced phrasing I am fine with that. It was intended to be balanced, so for now just vote as though its1 really good2 good3 indifferent4 bad5 really bad
So you would vote for either 3, 4, or 5 and your second vote would be for $10,000.PS - Voting in a poll really should bump a thread, its really difficult for people to track the results otherwise. And it is adding content to the thread.
HORSE would not be good for TV. The split games are just to hard for casual fans to figure out.
stud has been on TV a couple times, split games have never been shown because no one would understand the high low rules and when a pot should and shouldnt be split

I don't think people can learn to play games they don't know exist, some of these games need to televised at some point.Ideally I would like to see a $10,000 championship for each type of poker event, omaha, holdem, stud, razz, and popular variations on them like omaha hi/lo, stud 8/ob, etc...The top %10 of those fields earn invites to a $25,000 HORSE event in addition to any prize payout. With 35ish events each World Series you only have to cash in one of those to get into the big HORSE event so any pro should really have no problem cashing in their favorite game. On top of all this I could see a $250,000 "anybody" buy-in.So in this structure there is a Omaha Champion, NL HE Champ, PL HE, etc and then there is a Poker Champion from the horse event where you need all the skills to be able to do well. The whole concept of the anybody price is to price out the every man who isn't sure of his overall poker skills, while allowing some way for people who just have a bad year to get in. I am sure most will hate this 2 tier'd buyin setup but oh well, I think it would work.

No offense, and I know I'm new around these parts, but you (bdc30) just made two effectively identical posts inside of 60 seconds that point to your posting about 30/30/30. So, forgive me for saying this but you're spamming yourself across multiple threads in an effort to spread the word about a way to cut out the spam/crap/redundant posts.Anyone else see the problem with this?bb

Feeling a little fiesty atm so I will be blunt.Who the F cares what you want to see from posts, this is a legit question to ask a poker community, just because you don't like the topic doesn't make it useless. It makes you a jackass for posting and bumping the thread you want to die.I have been posting on internet forums for a long time, I have seen a whole bunch of stupid elitist crap but this one is just retarded. Your basically telling everyone who stumbles acrossed the website and has a legit question to ask that you can't be bothered to help them because they just aren't "kewl" enough for you to listen to them yet. If your goal is less posting this will do it, but at the expense of probably several people who could add value to the site but decided it wasn't worth the hassle of making 30 posts and waiting 30 days etc etc...PS - Don't F'ing Hijack my thread dickhead

Feeling a little fiesty atm so I will be blunt.Who the F cares what you want to see from posts, this is a legit question to ask a poker community, just because you don't like the topic doesn't make it useless. It makes you a jackass for posting and bumping the thread you want to die.I have been posting on internet forums for a long time, I have seen a whole bunch of stupid elitist crap but this one is just retarded. Your basically telling everyone who stumbles acrossed the website and has a legit question to ask that you can't be bothered to help them because they just aren't "kewl" enough for you to listen to them yet. If your goal is less posting this will do it, but at the expense of probably several people who could add value to the site but decided it wasn't worth the hassle of making 30 posts and waiting 30 days etc etc...PS - Don't F'ing Hijack my thread dickhead
Well said.

A HORSE tournament would be able to determine the world champion more effectively than Hold'em, but it lacks entertainment value for the casual fan. So it won't happen.As for the buy-in's: I wouldn't be surprised if Harrah's lowered it so they could get more involved and get more money out of it.A raise in buy-in is long overdue. 25 or 50 thousand is good.