i dont want to start a bash title as i favor neither daniel or raymer in this dispute. what i do know however is a point daniel made. daniel said something along the lines of if it wasnt for the wpt raymer would still be selling pieces of himself. as someone who has played hundreds of hrs with raymer i can say for a fact daniel couldnt be more right on. raymer rarely rose above the 20-40 level at foxwoods before his wsop win. in 2003 i biught a brand new lexus suv and i have raymer to thank for most of the down payment. he is an average to above average player who managed to play well and get incredibly lucky. I just get extremely frustrated when people like raymer talk like they are world class. poker made raymer who he is not the other way around. he is a very brigt man than found a "hobby" he could make a few dollars at. nothing more nothing less

i dont want to start a bash title as i favor neither daniel or raymer in this dispute. what i do know however is a point daniel made. daniel said something along the lines of if it wasnt for the wpt raymer would still be selling pieces of himself. as someone who has played hundreds of hrs with raymer i can say for a fact daniel couldnt be more right on. raymer rarely rose above the 20-40 level at foxwoods before his wsop win. in 2003 i biught a brand new lexus suv and i have raymer to thank for most of the down payment. he is an average to above average player who managed to play well and get incredibly lucky. I just get extremely frustrated when people like raymer talk like they are world class. poker made raymer who he is not the other way around. he is a very brigt man than found a "hobby" he could make a few dollars at. nothing more nothing less
I like your thread about Raymer, of the 1001 choices I have on the front page the most......wait I meant the least.
holy ****, great post. top of the dayedit: yeah imo that beats out all this wpt lawsuit broccoli
Group: MembersPosts: 666Joined: July 22nd, 2005From: Grand Blanc, MIMember No.: 8,376hi

Re(6): Raymer's words about Negreanu by beanie on 8/6/2006 23:48 I can tell you from many conversations this week that almost no one believes this lawsuit is about all poker players, in fact, the second paragraph refers specifically to "Elite Professionals". It is a bad lawsuit, bad timing and will benefit the few that have already benefitted the most and Daniel should be applauded for saying that (and many people do, though the subtle threats were a bit much).