Need Advice - Kicked Out Of Tourney

Hi,This evening playing at cryptologic (Betfair) I played in the $50k Added MPP Special, I was doing well, 494 entrants started the event, I got down to the final 25 players with 35k the average stack was around 29k I had position on a few small stacks so thought I had a really good chance to win the tourney (1st was $16,907)I then got disconected by betfair and as the game froze an error message came up (the "do you want to report this error" "send error message" one) This disconnection was not caused by my computer as MSN stayed online and my other computer that my brother was on stayed online I also have broadband so its unlikely it was my ISP.Once I reconnected to betfair I found I only had 12k!!! left with 17 players left I then busted pretty quick in a 4 way 55k pot where someone hit their backdoor flush on the river against my top pair.My question is Whats can I do about this? Is there a gaming board I can e-mail, I have e-mailed betfair, no response yet, has anybody else had this problem and what did they do about it? Thanks a lot for your help.

This happened to me on a FCP tournament and also during a PStars tourney. The support from both sites re-issued me a buy-in for the event. There's nothing they can really do about increasing your payout since that would be unfair to the others that already got their money.

a similar scenario happened to me at Fulltilt.i was playing in a winners choice tourney where 7 players got 10K seats to event of their choice. i was 4th in chips with 11 players left when their site shut me out. I was able to see my cards, but not act with them, so i was autofolded each hand. I shut my computer off and rebooted which eventually got me back on the site. We were now down to ten players and i was last. With 2.5 blinds left.Tilt told me that had I never made it back to the tourney theyd refund my money. since i was only crippled and returned, they said too bad for you.I have never played there since

This happened to me on a FCP tournament and also during a PStars tourney. The support from both sites re-issued me a buy-in for the event. There's nothing they can really do about increasing your payout since that would be unfair to the others that already got their money.
OK thanks, I got $663 for the 15th place finish, as it was a MPP Special Monthly tournament I asked for a buy in to a similar sized event, just have to wait and see what they say.Thanks for the Start drinking reply lol.
a similar scenario happened to me at Fulltilt.i was playing in a winners choice tourney where 7 players got 10K seats to event of their choice. i was 4th in chips with 11 players left when their site shut me out. I was able to see my cards, but not act with them, so i was autofolded each hand. I shut my computer off and rebooted which eventually got me back on the site. We were now down to ten players and i was last. With 2.5 blinds left.Tilt told me that had I never made it back to the tourney theyd refund my money. since i was only crippled and returned, they said too bad for you.I have never played there since
this sort of happened to me on UB, however I was playing 6 tournaments already and when the 7th opened I couldn't play any of my hands...All the other tables worked fine but the tournament that just started was being gay...Restarting the application didn't even work. Finally once I was down to about 2 BB it let me back in and I quickly lost. UB said the same thing, since I played my last 2 BB there was nothing they could do...

That error is a Windows error, not the fault of ANY online site. They don't owe you anything, if you want to risk your money online with the chance of losing it if your computer screws up, then that's your risk.It also sounds like it took a LONG time for you to bother to restart or whatever (why not just get on the other computer?)You should have just quickly restarted your 'puter and logged back on. You wouldnt' have lost so many chips.

Ouch, that sounds ridiculous If Betfair doesn't give me some kind of compensation I'm not gonna play there again either.
That error is a Windows error, not the fault of ANY online site. They don't owe you anything, if you want to risk your money online with the chance of losing it if your computer screws up, then that's your risk.It also sounds like it took a LONG time for you to bother to restart or whatever (why not just get on the other computer?)You should have just quickly restarted your 'puter and logged back on. You wouldnt' have lost so many chips.
what other computer, i own one?i didn't restart my computer right away because i was also playing a tourney at Party which was sailing right along with no problem at all. Somehow my Windows was fine for Party. Party break was 4 minutes later, so i shut down and restarted then.

As mentioned previously, this is a Wondows error caused by a faulty program or something operating in Wondows, not anything to do with a site. One possibility is that your system was hijacked and the other person viewing your machine tried to open or run something that caused an error seeing they will use the open port created by programs like live gaming sites to enter.

I was back on the tourney within 3-4 mins, the structure on betfair is terrible the blinds were 3000 6000 with 500 antes, the other computer doesn't have betfair on it.
I then got disconected by betfair and as the game froze an error message came up (the "do you want to report this error" "send error message" one)
The error message box that came up is a standard microsoft error, basically the program stopped responding, this could be due to a couple things, bad programming (by the people who made the software), bad ram in your computer (ie the program tried to access a part of your ram that was unresponsive), or just a windows SCREW up. Most likely it is the last one. Either way betfair prolly wont do anything, my suggestion would be to uninstall the software and reinstall it, then run system file checker on your computer. Click start then run then type in "sfc /scannow". This will start a scan of your computer for bad windows files. you will need your windows disk if it finds any. sorry about your luck .
Another thing you can do is go to START: RUN and then type in FORMAT C:Say yes to all prompts.
i got an evil chuckle out of that one...just like the ole alt-s-s trick on AOL back in the day... only not really