Re: Phil Ivey's Marketability

Anyone ever see this part of the kentucky fried movieIt's been said that the test of a man's courage is how performs in the face of danger. Well, in the next half hour, you're gonna meet a very unique breed of cat. The kind of man who doesn't know the meaning of the word fear. Rex Kramer, part-time airline mechanic, full-time daredevil. A man willing to risk his life for the sake of adventure. He has to chase it, confront it, and whip it. Rex Kramer, Danger Seeker! he winds up doing something extremely racially insensitive in an unwise place
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYzsskE5ObA...20fried%20movie
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree that Williams is marketable, despite being one of the upper echelon (arguably) of players. I think if you look at players with comparable skill/success, Williams is less marketable. My "proof" is that he is not being marketed currently, and he doesn't seem to have made a conscious choice to avoid it.
i don't disagree with your contention that he is not being marketed.if by marketed, you mean affiliated with a site or endorsing a product.let's keep in mind that poker players generally don't GET marketed - they are not singers.there are several players who share dave williams' pedigree and resume and they are also not being "marketed" as you call it.for the most part, is it up to the poker players to market themselves. negreanu being an example - of course companies have jumped on the bandwagon now but he did a lot on his own to build his image.i personally think dave williams is marketable but i guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.but i don't think anything i'm saying is completely out of line.
Agreed. I think the reason Phil Ivey and Tiger Woods are very marketable has nothing to do with race. They are both considered the best in their respective proffession's (some could argue Phil is in the top group, Tiger is clearly the best). They are both young, handsome, public figures. And to go along with that, they both seem to be genuinely nice people...from a fan's perspective at least. Neither of them suffer from the Barry Bonds/Phil Hellmuth "greater than thou" syndrome.Perhaps I am naive to the fact that people, along with the corporations they run, look at race more than the factors I mentioned above. I'd like to think we are better than that as a nation.
:club::D:D:D:)
LMAOIts so true, white people are so lame!i heard this from my friend who is native americanWhy did the indian cross the road??To pass out in the other ditch.hii ohhh.. He also told me this oneWhy did god give seagulls wings??to beat the indians to the dump.
license plate AKZT 560, look for it at a FCP Toronto event near you.