Just Won Seat In Ongame Classic

This is a complete brag post, I am on a ridiculous high cause i just won a seat in the ongame $5000 buyin classic. Now all that is left is to finish in top 45 then take it down in barcelona. Wish me luck

nice work! Any run down on how you won the seat?

thanks guys. I entered a stage 1 turbo yesterday i believe won that, then won a stage 2 sng this morning while unsuccessfully trying to qualify for the big deal, then won the stage 3 sng after getting busted out of the 100k on bodog. I had to wait about an hour or so for it to fill up when i registered with about 3 people already in i believe. So with the positives there were some negatives but this is by far my biggest win to date. tops the 1500 i pulled out of the grand series back in april. Now all i have to do is completely change my game so vatche wont have any idea how to play me, oh wait its vatche what am i really worried about anyways, lol.On a side note it sucks you cant win multiple entries and get cash for them cause i would enter more of these and i am sure it hurts the amount of people in the qualies. Also does anyone think this will actually reach the guarantee? What number would you predict

thanks guys. I entered a stage 1 turbo yesterday i believe won that, then won a stage 2 sng this morning while unsuccessfully trying to qualify for the big deal, then won the stage 3 sng after getting busted out of the 100k on bodog. I had to wait about an hour or so for it to fill up when i registered with about 3 people already in i believe. So with the positives there were some negatives but this is by far my biggest win to date. tops the 1500 i pulled out of the grand series back in april. Now all i have to do is completely change my game so vatche wont have any idea how to play me, oh wait its vatche what am i really worried about anyways, lol.On a side note it sucks you cant win multiple entries and get cash for them cause i would enter more of these and i am sure it hurts the amount of people in the qualies. Also does anyone think this will actually reach the guarantee? What number would you predict
nooo waaayyy...my guess is that there will be 500-600 entrants...HUGE OVERLAY.

Wow, way to parlay a small amount into an incredible buy-in. I play PokerRoom a lot, which hosts this ongame stuff as well and I have yet to even attempt to get into it. But after hearing this maybe I'll give it a shot :club:

Totally...they need 1000 to match the overlay, and they can't have more than 200 qualified network wide at this point. A bunch of online pros will buy in at the last minute me thinks, but still...sweet prize pool.Does anyone think they will pay more than the 45 "goin' to Spain" places? The adverts said a Spain trip guarantees a payout...I suppose it would depend on the field size... :club:

Totally...they need 1000 to match the overlay, and they can't have more than 200 qualified network wide at this point. A bunch of online pros will buy in at the last minute me thinks, but still...sweet prize pool.Does anyone think they will pay more than the 45 "goin' to Spain" places? The adverts said a Spain trip guarantees a payout...I suppose it would depend on the field size... :club:
my guess is there will be a fair amount of buy-ins.it wont be as insane as the wcoop, but if people are out there spending that kind of cash for online tourneys, i can see them doing it again

I just checked the ongame network website and they have me listed as the 130th qualifier and have a total of 132 qualifiers overall. I would guess this number may double to somewhere near 300 or so by the time the tourney happens and then probably 100-200 people buying in at most so i would guess probably about top 10% payout even though i wouldnt mind a 20% payout if the field is around there cause with the overlay really wouldnt be a huge loss of cash when spread across. I really am thinking ongame is going to take a bath on the guarantee. When you factor in the amount of money being made off of the qualifiers it will help somewhat. Not counting the mtt the sngs have $10 per stage 1, $50 per stage 2 and $200 per stage 3. Even with this though I can't see them making money off of this. The one things i love is big ongame tournies normally have large overlays, just thinking of the grand series is ridiculous. I also think the field size will be hurt by the fact that the tournament is on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend, a lot of people will be away and college football will have already started. I just don't think this was planned out very well if they were looking to target americans. Which is great for the ones of us who are playing because it will be easier for us all to meet up in barcelona. ALSO JUST NOTICED ON THE ONGAME SITE HAS THE DATES OF THE LIVE FINAL CHANGED TO NOVEMBER 30-DECEMBER 3 BUT FULLCONTACT IS STILL LISTING IT FOR THE ORIGINAL DATES IN SEPTEMBER AND OCTOBER IF ANYONE KNOWS THE DEAL PLEASE LET ME KNOW

if you read the disclaimer at the bottom - you will notice its not actually a guarantee at allthey reserve the right to change the payouts and dates

I'd like to see them try to lower the guarantee after advertising it like that for months and months. The bad press alone wouldn't be worth not paying out 5 million you'd think.Now...if less than 45 people say qualified or bought in...then...

I'd like to see them try to lower the guarantee after advertising it like that for months and months. The bad press alone wouldn't be worth not paying out 5 million you'd think.Now...if less than 45 people say qualified or bought in...then...
i dont think they will lower the guarantee, they might change the date tho.
:) NO MORE TALK OF CHANGING ANYTHING. :D I hate waiting. :D No really. I won my ticket on Easter. LONG time to wait for this thing. :D:club: They did change the dates.
omg!!!i didnt even know they changed the date, i was just taking a shot in the dark...but im honestly not suprised, they wouldve lost millions in overlay.