600nl 6maxHero: utg: k :D k :club: Preflop: hero raises to 18, 1 fold, utg+1 raises to 30, 2 folds, bb calls, hero raises to 90, both callPot: 273flop: 2 :D 8 :D 2 :) action: bb checks, hero bets 273....standard? utg+1 is a complete donk way to hyper aggressivebb has done nothign specialthis standard or should my flop bet have been smaller?

600nl 6maxHero: utg: k :D k :club: Preflop: hero raises to 18, 1 fold, utg+1 raises to 30, 2 folds, bb calls, hero raises to 90, both callPot: 273flop: 2 :D 8 :D 2 :) action: bb checks, hero bets 273....standard? utg+1 is a complete donk way to hyper aggressivebb has done nothign specialthis standard or should my flop bet have been smaller?
Stack sizes are important when determining the size of your pf 3-bet.Anyway, I would bet a bet less on this flop. Probably 200 or so. Your hand is not vulnerable and I dont want to scare of JJ type hands.

Depending on how deep others are, I could be apt to bring down the flop bet and try to price them into peeling a turn and then finding themselves priced in for the river. But w/ 2 players in (one of which has position on you) I don't mind potting here either. As a side note, how did you make the jump from 100nl to 600nl so quick?

I like about $190 on the flop, as screech said lets not scare away 99-QQ here
But hasnt he already given his hand away? Raise pf, gets reraised and he comes over the top?
But hasnt he already given his hand away? Raise pf, gets reraised and he comes over the top?
I don't play these limits or 6-max, but, with that in mind, at 6-max I would think there are more hands than just AA and KK (and maybe QQ) that would make that play pre-flop. My guess would be that anything in the TT-AA range as well as AK and AQs could make that play. And a tricky opponent might try it on occasion with a lesser holding.Now, in a full ring game, yes, I'd think you've generally given your hand away pre-flop.
Yeah, but a 200 bet seems a lot more like AK than a pot size bet. Your opponents will be able to more easily justify making the call.
Yeah, but a 200 bet seems a lot more like AK than a pot size bet. Your opponents will be able to more easily justify making the call.
I always learn from you. :club:
Depending on how deep others are, I could be apt to bring down the flop bet and try to price them into peeling a turn and then finding themselves priced in for the river. But w/ 2 players in (one of which has position on you) I don't mind potting here either. As a side note, how did you make the jump from 100nl to 600nl so quick?
I have a br that can be used for 200nl...but at bodog they dont have veyr many 6max levels so i follow some fish that I know around and when they jump to 600nl i go play. It actually has played a lot easier than 100nl 6max lately.
Stack sizes are quite important here.
yeah yeah...it was late i had a few drinks and wasnt paying great attention when i posted the handutg+2 was 417bb was 237Does anybody really think that queens, jacks, 10s are gonna be scared of a potted flop?
I have a br that can be used for 200nl...but at bodog they dont have veyr many 6max levels so i follow some fish that I know around and when they jump to 600nl i go play. It actually has played a lot easier than 100nl 6max lately. yeah yeah...it was late i had a few drinks and wasnt paying great attention when i posted the han
I keep getting raped at their stupid 600nl game. freaking annoying the piss out of me.- Jordan
I keep getting raped at their stupid 600nl game. freaking annoying the piss out of me.- Jordan
really? I have been tearing it up lately...im probably up 2k alone from that in 5 sessions of playin up there...Ive thought it is much looser than what party 600nl isyou just getting bad cards or unlucky rock tables?

With stack sizes I like the raise to $90, but I think you get more value from $180-200 on the flop. That said, at least one of the two has to have 99-QQ realistically so I don't mind a check here to represent AK. Anyone with 99+ will have to probably bet at least $140 if it is checked to them.

With stack sizes I like the raise to $90, but I think you get more value from $180-200 on the flop. That said, at least one of the two has to have 99-QQ realistically so I don't mind a check here to represent AK. Anyone with 99+ will have to probably bet at least $140 if it is checked to them.
What do you do if a player does bet $140? c/r push? or smooth call?
What do you do if a player does bet $140? c/r push? or smooth call?
UTG+2 has $327 left and BB has $147. I think that by checking, UTG+2 will bet with an overpair here most of the time, and it gives the BB more chance to get allin with a hand like TT. He will fold if there is a bet and a call in front, but might call a single bet. If it is checked round then there aren't too many cards that beat you (clubs aren't likely to be a problem, especially given that you have the second nut redraw) and you can take it on the turn. The BB might even push a smaller pair at that point.The amount that UTG+2 will bet varies from player to player, but it is either going to be $120-150 or it is all-in. If he bets $120 then a reraise will probably get him to fold most pairs even with fantastic pot odds, so I like the c/c. Whether you check the turn or lead out depends on the player. I don't think either play is particularly wrong, but I would lean towards checking again.