Daniel - On your video blog, you described it perfectly - golf all day, play in the big game at night. For us low bankroll people, the $1500, $2000 tourneys are a huge deal and we may not understand how you can't take them seriously. But do what makes you happy, bro. If you can win more in 2 hours on the golf course than you can in 60+ hours of playing in a tourney, how is that even a question? :)I'm a terrible golfer, but love the freedom it provides. I'm a school teacher, so my bankroll is not that great, but I do enjoy playing poker as well. The thought of playing golf and poker AND making money doing it sounds like the perfect gig. Do what makes you happy. Let the haters hate. :club: Those would-be "poker snobs" are too high and mighty about poker, anyway. 10 years from now, they'll be off poker and onto darts or backgammon or whatever the next big craze is and everyone will have forgotten them anyway.

Daniel - On your video blog, you described it perfectly - golf all day, play in the big game at night. For us low bankroll people, the $1500, $2000 tourneys are a huge deal and we may not understand how you can't take them seriously. But do what makes you happy, bro. If you can win more in 2 hours on the golf course than you can in 60+ hours of playing in a tourney, how is that even a question? :)I'm a terrible golfer, but love the freedom it provides. I'm a school teacher, so my bankroll is not that great, but I do enjoy playing poker as well. The thought of playing golf and poker AND making money doing it sounds like the perfect gig. Do what makes you happy. Let the haters hate. :club:
very sappy
For us low bankroll people, the $1500, $2000 tourneys are a huge deal and we may not understand how you can't take them seriously.
Try this line of thought. The normal game he plays in is $2,000-$4,000 or $4,000-$8,000 limit. The tournament buy in is less than one small bet in his normal cash game. If you play $1-$2, then think that he takes the tournaments about as seriously as you'd take a $0.50 or $1 buy in tournament.Hope that helps.
Try this line of thought. The normal game he plays in is $2,000-$4,000 or $4,000-$8,000 limit. The tournament buy in is less than one small bet in his normal cash game. If you play $1-$2, then think that he takes the tournaments about as seriously as you'd take a $0.50 or $1 buy in tournament.Hope that helps.
Agreed. Although there are some who are so math-impaired as to not have been able to heretofore figured that much out.
WOW! That really is shocking when you put it that way. That really does put a different spin on it.

Agreed.....when you look at it like that it would seem pointless but a bracelet is a bracelet no mater how much you paid to enter.Agree with the top post though. DN has made so much money from poker why not enjoy some of the other great things in life that money gives you freedom to do.

.... sort of, but not REALLY. that's like saying $2000 to a 1/2 player is like $8M to Negreanu, not quite.... I'm sure DN still has a concept of money in the "real world"

I can fully understand the choices DN is making atm.I have played poker for a living for about a year now and supplemented my income for a ocuple of years before that. I got into golf towards the end of last summer and although I still suck, I absolutely adore the game. Its kinda like poker was for me a couple of years ago where you think it, dream about it, miss it when you cant play. gay but true. Nowadays, when I wake up on a summers morning and I got the choice between grinding out the 1/2 tables or going to play golf for the afternoon its an absolute no brainer.The only drawback is I am playing waaaaay too few hours poker as golf keeps winning out time and again. Obviously those with a bigger bankroll and mo money dont have this problem, whats the point in winning a ton if you dont have time to enjoy it?

Its his life, let him live it. Golf is an addiction just like poker, when it hits you, it hits you hard. Golf during the day and poker at night is a dream job for me, God Bless him. To say he doesnt care about poker anymore is dumb. Everything is relative, I probably couldnt focus or care less about a $5 MTT. We all want DN to succeed, but to say golf is getting in the way of poker is not fair.

I can also understand where he is coming from. Let's say I am use to playing in a $10-$20 game. Would I get the same thrill if I was to play in a .25-.50 game? Probably not, I'd play and try to win just as hard, but my heart wouldn't be totally into it seeing what my end return would probably be compared to my regular game.

Daniel - On your video blog, you described it perfectly - golf all day, play in the big game at night. For us low bankroll people, the $1500, $2000 tourneys are a huge deal and we may not understand how you can't take them seriously. But do what makes you happy, bro. If you can win more in 2 hours on the golf course than you can in 60+ hours of playing in a tourney, how is that even a question? :)I'm a terrible golfer, but love the freedom it provides. I'm a school teacher, so my bankroll is not that great, but I do enjoy playing poker as well. The thought of playing golf and poker AND making money doing it sounds like the perfect gig. Do what makes you happy. Let the haters hate. :club: Those would-be "poker snobs" are too high and mighty about poker, anyway. 10 years from now, they'll be off poker and onto darts or backgammon or whatever the next big craze is and everyone will have forgotten them anyway.
Get your lips offa there before Lori sees you.