• Replies 69.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• renaedawn

• Nikki_N

• jeff_536

• fryer98

Mike wasn't out of line by making a comparison of the forum mod's actions to those carried out in germany in the 1930s and 40s. Sorry, keith, but I think you make a leap of faith to assume mike automatically was comparing the mods actions to gassing 6 million jews.Either a comparison can be made on a certain level or we can NEVER speak of Nazi Germany again, well at least not until 6 million people are dead.
honestly, I'm not seeing the correlation between making a hasty decision on editing/deleting a bunch of posts and any mod acting like Mussolini/Franco/Hitler. its an extreme analogy for a situation. If the mods were always editing posts on anything and everything then I feel that it would be mroe analogous, IMO. THere is a lot of shit that goes through on this site and rarely do things get deleted/edited. I will also repeat that I am not defending jayson as he wasn't even around at the time of it, so I'm not sticking up for my buddy. I don't have issue with taking issue of a reactionary response to a thread, but there are more apropos tihngs that have happened in history to illude to then a triumvirate of leaders who censored everything they could get their hands on
Mike wasn't out of line by making a comparison of the forum mod's actions to those carried out in germany in the 1930s and 40s. Sorry, keith, but I think you make a leap of faith to assume mike automatically was comparing the mods actions to gassing 6 million jews.Either a comparison can be made on a certain level or we can NEVER speak of Nazi Germany again, well at least not until 6 million people are dead.
honestly, I'm not seeing the correlation between making a hasty decision on editing/deleting a bunch of posts and any mod acting like Mussolini/Franco/Hitler. its an extreme analogy for a situation. If the mods were always editing posts on anything and everything then I feel that it would be mroe analogous, IMO. THere is a lot of shit that goes through on this site and rarely do things get deleted/edited. I will also repeat that I am not defending jayson as he wasn't even around at the time of it, so I'm not sticking up for my buddy. I don't have issue with taking issue of a reactionary response to a thread, but there are more apropos tihngs that have happened in history to illude to then a triumvirate of leaders who censored everything they could get their hands on
Pleeeeeeeeeassssssse Shut the fuck up!I know everyone loves you and all that hippie crap, but I just cringe everytime you type.The book burning comment was funny.
The music thing started with you making a comment and me making a joke to that comment, then you PMed me telling me how you didn't appreciate me saying you don't have a soul and you got all butt hurt
i didn't PM you until you PMed me the next day after all of the rubble had settled and I then said that I took offense to the no sould comment
People make exaggerated comparisons to make a point, which is precisely what I was doing with the book burning comment, nothing more. You, however, took it to the extreme, that I was making a direct comparison between the mods here to a major atrocity. Can you not see what a reach you made? Not the first time you've made it, I might add. You would have to be a chairsmacked WWE wrestler to make that comparison. Oh wait...
true, but I come from german and dutch descent(scotish too, but that's ireelevant right now), and its a comparison that I don't take lightly. I just think that a more relelvant analogy would've been correct, as I don't think that the mods in general treat this site with tons of censorship, if they did, then alluding to franco/hitler/mussolini would be more in line.ANd I'm not a wwf wrassler, I'm ECDUB :-)
Please tell me where I jabbed at you first. You can't, cause it wasn't until you went after me that I said something back. I didn't start shit with you, stop lying
honestly both times I made a comment that you didn't like(the music thing came from when I said that punk was a stripped down music when I was comparing them to YES, you then made the soul comment, then I made a comment about the musicianship, then it went off from there). THis time, I just voiced a disaproval about the analogy and off it went. THere is a difference between a snide comment from me and a dissenting comment from me, so, would it be fair to say that both of us might've stepped off a limb after both of us made statements, I think so
I've got nothing against you, until you start talking shit and taking what I say way out of context and to extremes or when you start insulting my intelligence with your arrogant remarks.
I don't feel that I have insulted your intelligence at any point, and that is a false statement. Did I not say to you in a PM that I am always willing to learn more, yes I did. My post on the last page in response to renae was to jab back at your for this: "I take issue with you distorting my intention, as unsurprising as it is."K, so I was a bit out of line for my response to renae, but I also find you insulting my intelligence insulting too, as if you go back, I took note of your jokes and joked back, why else do you think I made the anger management crack, do you really think I didn't make it cause of the irony in what I was saying, and me making the 1984 comment to what tom said
If you attack me, I'm gonna hit back, always have.
the same goes for me. I don't lie down and just take it, never have and never will.I will say this, could the mod who had done all of the editing just have locked the thread and left it at that, yea, probably, but I am telling you, you don't know what the intention of the mod who did all of the editing was, so don't try to say that they didn't care about the OP's situation, you just don't know that, and neither do I, so that is just jumping to a conclusion. again, I never really attacked you in the thread you made, I just voiced a dissenting opinion to it, you then thought that I was attacking you or insulting your intelligence or whatever, then you went ballistic, and I responded in kind. THis whole thing could've been headed off at the pass with you not making this a me defending jayson thing, and that telling me that I know that something is wrong, man, I don't think that the intention of the mod was as sinister as you think it is. I also just read my initial reply, and there was no insulting of your intelligence at all, in fact I respected your opinion, I just didn't like the analogy, and still don't, but whatever, that all got lost in the arguing. so, whatever, I'm done with this and just wanted to give a full detailed response to points that you brought up, take it for whatever its worth. I just wish that you would stop thinking that I ever would insult your intelligence, cause that is far from the fact cause I respect what you have to say more often then notps. as far as this being the "cool kids" strat section, if someone posts a Hand that they want help on, I will give advice, if no hand is posted that they want help on, I will do my normal thing

take it to the ring.i'm really not joking.if a mod ever edits one of my threads though, i will go to him and rip out his throatunless it's jaysons in which case i'll just have to teabag him twice.

I'm selling tickets to the main event. Only $19.95 ringside. Who's in? Just transfer your ticket money to my Pstars account? K? Thx! 'preciate ya'!
Hey babygirl, i'm not paying full freight, am I?I'm sure we work out some alternative form of payment :wink: :twisted:
I'm selling tickets to the main event. Only $19.95 ringside. Who's in? Just transfer your ticket money to my Pstars account? K? Thx! 'preciate ya'!
Hey babygirl, i'm not paying full freight, am I?I'm sure we work out some alternative form of payment :wink: :twisted:
All barter offers will be considered. Better hurry, though. The main event has already started.
All barter offers will be considered. Better hurry, though. The main event has already started.
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttttttttaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuussssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh

Do you think if I post this, I'll get banned?"Oh and to the mod that attempted the blockbusteresque editing of the thread in question. You're a hack and It's beyond me how you keep your job. You cut out and edited all the posts that were attacking the author of the nasty comment to the OP, yet you managed to leave the original nasty comment, quoted in another post.What exactly was your intention with the editing? I'd really like you to answer that question.Good work, though.I'd bet 20 bucks this wasn't JWeb"Notice I kept all Nazi references out

Do you think if I post this, I'll get banned?"Oh and to the mod that attempted the blockbusteresque editing of the thread in question. You're a hack and It's beyond me how you keep your job. You managed to cut out and edit all the posts that were attacking the author of the nasty comment to the OP, yet you managed to leave the original nasty comment, quoted in another post.What exactly was your intention with the editing? I'd really like you to answer that question.Good work, though.I'd bet 20 bucks this wasn't JWeb"Notice I kept all Nazi references out
pogue, i think we're taking a trip to the city next weekend. maybe play over at bay 101. rock!
pogue, i think we're taking a trip to the city next weekend. maybe play over at bay 101. rock!
Mcpickie mentioned that the other day, but he gave you even worse odds than I did for showing up, lol.I'm totally down to go with you guys, I'm right off the freeway, swing by and pick me up. I'll bring trees. :club:
Mcpickie mentioned that the other day, but he gave you even worse odds than I did for showing up, lol.I'm totally down to go with you guys, I'm right off the freeway, swing by and pick me up. I'll bring trees. :club:
mcpickie can be a huge a-hole sometimes.but, it is true ive been playing mostly tournaments and doing well. and if i qualify for next weeks $200 i'll probably skip the trip.all depends.
mcpickie can be a huge a-hole sometimes.but, it is true ive been playing mostly tournaments and doing well. and if i qualify for next weeks $200 i'll probably skip the trip.all depends.
Just let me know, I hope you qualify for the $200, but if not, then let's go make some money in San Ho
is this guy for real?http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/v...pic.php?t=25369this guy has to be one of the worst posters that have graced this site recently
Must be a full moon tonight...
this guy has been nothing short of a complete tool since he joined. I don't think that I have seen someone start off with being a complete douchebag this fast from the start. Shit, Iowa's finest took like 50 posts to be a full tool, it took jfarrell a bit to do the same(when I was lurking at this site in december, he didn't seem so bad). of course, smash started right off with being a douche(what a shock), but this superjon guy from the first post I saw of his has been nothing short of really dumb

With all due respect to whoever needs it. Why the hell am I sitting at home on reading a poker forum thread on a fucking saturday night? I must be more pathetic then i originally thought.ISALIWKMOk, back to whatever it is is working for you.note: one of the cats killed a fish...this can't be good.

- 20 BB's today playing 5/10. Pulled out even last night. Swings are a bit larger here than at 3/6. Still going to take some adjusting.I went maniac on the FCP Strat table last night. Walked away with a $20 profit.

Do you think if I post this, I'll get banned?"Oh and to the mod that attempted the blockbusteresque editing of the thread in question. You're a hack and It's beyond me how you keep your job. You managed to cut out and edit all the posts that were attacking the author of the nasty comment to the OP, yet you managed to leave the original nasty comment, quoted in another post.What exactly was your intention with the editing? I'd really like you to answer that question.Good work, though.I'd bet 20 bucks this wasn't JWeb"Notice I kept all Nazi references out
This just in: Rob's post has been voted non-sequiter of the year.Hey Fake, how's it going? Long time no chat.
With all due respect to whoever needs it. Why the hell am I sitting at home on reading a poker forum thread on a fucking saturday night? I must be more pathetic then i originally thought.ISALIWKMOk, back to whatever it is is working for you.note: one of the cats killed a fish...this can't be good.
i'm sitting on the phone waiting for a damn cablevision person to talk to me so I can order UFC tonight. keith annoyed and growing more mad by the minute