***official Detroit Tigers Thread***

Must be the luck came early in this series :club:
I was wrong. I didn't realize that the team would completely die after I made my prediction. I lose.
  • Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im thinking about going to detroit tonight and looking for someone selling tickets or maybe just stand on the fence with the homeless people and kids and watch.
Standing Room Only. $15 ticket.
do they sell those actually? i thought people just bought the cheapest tickets and stood for a better veiw. are they always available?
Yeah, it's what I picked up today. You can pretty much stand whereever you want as long as you aren't in front of people in seats. Tons of great places around the park. They should have some at the Box office. They still have them available online at ticketmaster.
Yeah, it's what I picked up today. You can pretty much stand whereever you want as long as you aren't in front of people in seats. Tons of great places around the park. They should have some at the Box office. They still have them available online at ticketmaster.
yeah i see them now. my gf just called to remind me im going to dinner with her in 2 hours though. so i guess im doing that.i was looking at buying a skyline ticket for 8.75 with the convience charge on ticketmaster and save 7 bucks. im a cheap ass
I got standing room tickets against the tigers earlier this year at the cell for $26 but yeah it was expensive.
makes me glad that I can get $6 tickets at the Metrodome, even if it is the worst park in the league. Hell, I can get $3 tickets on Wednesdays.
haha that's because the twins don't even play in a baseball stadium.. Just wait until they finally build a nice stadium and you'll see an increase in prices.ALso I saw on tv tonight that some fans were doing the wave behind the plate in a two run ballgame. What's up with that tiger fans? Gah I hate the wave.
that was disapointing. i thought we were going to come back a couple times. tomorrow is ours
GL against Garland. I think you'll need it.

That was a fun game at least.So we got SRO tickets because this series has been pretty much sold out of decent seats for weeks. We head down to the wall on the lower level on the 1st base side between 1st base and right field. Just hanging out, game is about to start and a guy comes up to us and asks if we want to be the "Fans of the Game" and get a seat upgrade. Sure, why not. So basically at the end of the 1st inning they put my name up on the board and Paws the mascot takes us down to the seat all while being on camera. No biggie. So we go from cheap SRO to 24th row directly behind home plate. So win or lose, it was a fun game. We never gave up last night and that is fine with me. Seems the majority of the times we lose against the Sox it is by 1 or 2 runs. That's fine by me. I can only think of one or 2 complete blowouts. The Sox fans around me were pretty nervous most of the game. But again, 6.5 game lead. I am cool with that.Garland does not scare me...19 innings pitched vs the Tigers this year, 14 ER, 4 HR's. He had one good start against us, the other two were atrocious. Bring him on! :club:

Tough night for Inge to have an off-day at the plate. He could've tied it in the 7th.
Definately. He is by far my favorite player on the team but he is so streaky and usually it's the bad streak he is on.

Ouch. 7-0 Sox right now. Oh well. We got two which is fine by me. Better than being swept again. Unless some miracle happens, which has happened before, we will leave this series with a 5.5 game lead in the Central. I can live with that. Luckily we have a pretty soft September.

FYI for all you (248) folks:you can buy tix in person at HockeyTown Authentics in Troy (NW corner of Big Beaver and John R) up to game time that day (or maybe 1 hr prior) Either way, it beats paying Tickebastard charges and that way you've got tix before you head downtown.