daniel, i mean, c'mon

Daniel.... you are associated with Poker Mountain. I signed up and have been playing over the last few days.Tonight (Friday night) which should be busy, relatively speaking, is dead. 27 players.With all due respect, when will this site begin to be publicized to the extent that numbers will warrant showing up? What do we have to look forward to?Wondering in Cowtown

With all due respect, when will this site begin to be publicized to the extent that numbers will warrant showing up? What do we have to look forward to?
The Mar issue of Esquire has a 12 page Bodog insert completely dedicated to promoting its poker site. FullTilt has an entire magazine (All In) dedicating to promoting it. Stars runs TV ads.PokerMountain lags faaaaar behind these efforts. If current trends continue PM will join the long list of failed poker sites.Daniel is in a state of emotional and psychological collapse so he's unlikely to be of much help in the near future which is all the future that PM has.

PM is still very green in the online poker community. 1000's of ppl wont just show up overnight.. it will take some time, word of mouth and advertising, just like any other new business. why dont tell a few ppl?

give it a chance....damn...Full Tilt has already made 3 TV commericals but still hasn't gotten them on the air....give it sometimehaving the great customer service is the right way to start though, people want to be kept happyoh yea, by the way, i'm pretty sure Poker Mountain is going to be ok despite that fact that Daniel is having a rough couple of days....just guessing though/sigh

Bottom line: Daniel attached his name to PM, same with TJ.I respect both of them, but this is business. Personally, if it were me, I would be online as often as possible drumming up players and publicity. There is so much $$$ to be made in online poker.... why ignore it.PS: I am familiar with DN's current state of mind, but I have to admit, I've been there - we must all battle through.

i've been with Full Tilt since the initial launch when you couldnt even play for real money cuz it was under beta testing. here we are many many months later and it is just now beginning to get people but the stud/omaha rooms are usually empty. and the "big" tournies are usually only populated because of satelites -- unlike the bigger names where tons of people pay the buy-init takes time, bottom lineby the way, i was being sarcastic at the end of my last message in case you missed it

It's not sarcasm if you have to explain it.....I dunno, God forbid someone critiques DN on this board. All I said was, respectfully, that with 27 players on a Friday night (non of which include the principles of the site) there is much room for improvement.Ultimately, I will have to just withdraw my cash.... no skin off my back. I am the client after all.

Ultimately, I will have to just withdraw my cash.... no skin off my back. I am the client after all.That'll be the final nail in the coffin, I'm sure.Perhaps Daniel will fly out to your home and have you sit on his lap while he and his 100 closest freinds log on so that the sit he sponsors can have an adequate playerbase for you. Then he'll marry your ugly sister and become your good natured brother in law who loans you money and never asks you for it back.Do I have to explain it, or did the subtle sarcasm leak through?

LOL. i was gonna copy and paste it in bold and then LOL but basically its everything. btw, my sarcasm was aimed at the other guy, not you machete, who made it seem like daniel bein down and out for a few days was the end of Poker Mountain as we know it.

Guys, we really need to put things in perspective here. Poker Mountain has been open for about 10 weeks and hasn't even come close to making their big marketing push. Before that happens Securus needs to be functional and the multi-table tournaments have to be put in place. I will have you know though that from a revenue stand point we are way ahead of schedule, and in fact are ahead of where FTP was at that same time. There is a ton of huge things that will happen marketingwise with Poker Mountain. I absolutely guarantee you that the site will be a huge success.

Being ahead of FTP at a similar point is definitely a good sign. I think they're going to be passing pokerstars eventially, because of sheer star power.Though I'm dissapointed at their being basically a hold-em only site (even though that's all I do...)

There is a ton of huge things that will happen marketingwise with Poker Mountain. I absolutely guarantee you that the site will be a huge success.
That's good to know, and it makes me optimistic for the future of PM. However, I just don't understand why it seems to be taking so long. We offered to move our weekly private FCP tourneys there weeks ago and still there's no support for private tournaments on PM. Small businesses must be flexible and able to move quickly -- so far, it seems PM is the exact opposite.Personally, I think it would have been a ton better for PM to launch after it had it's act together, not 4-5 months after going live.
Guys, we really need to put things in perspective here.  Poker Mountain has been open for about 10 weeks and hasn't even come close to making their big marketing push.   Before that happens Securus needs to be functional and the multi-table tournaments have to be put in place.  I will have you know though that from a revenue stand point we are way ahead of schedule, and in fact are ahead of where FTP was at that same time.    There is a ton of huge things that will happen marketingwise with Poker Mountain.  I absolutely guarantee you that the site will be a huge success.
Dan, I'm here to tell you, just as many things online have tanked by opening before all their services were running as have tanked by waiting too long to make their move...don't sweat this. It sounds like the plan you have calls for bringing things online in an orderly manner, and that is WAY better then having people read a bunch of ads for a site, logging on, and finding it "doesn't even have multis lOL"I wish I had about a quarter mil, I'd start a poker site in a heartbeat right now...

Again, Poker Mountain was very careful not to open prematurely and have been very careful to make sure there are no crashes and few bugs. Many other sites opened multi-table tournaments early only to see them crash on a regular basis. They are being careful and I'm all for that approach. They could open up all of their features right now but they run the risk of errors. Better to clean up major errors internally than have the public freak out about bugs and such. Comparitively, Poker Mountain has been virtually bug free since it's been open to the public. Most other sites that opened up prematurely suffered through many setbacks due to their software not being up to par. Things at Poker Mountain wll move at a steady pace, and we won't rush the pruduct if it means sacrificng the quality. We could potentially host the FCP tournament right now, but I, and the people at Poker Mountain want to make sure that we give you guys a top quality product devoid of bugs.

There is a ton of huge things that will happen marketingwise with Poker Mountain. I absolutely guarantee you that the site will be a huge success.
That's good to know, and it makes me optimistic for the future of PM. However, I just don't understand why it seems to be taking so long. We offered to move our weekly private FCP tourneys there weeks ago and still there's no support for private tournaments on PM. Small businesses must be flexible and able to move quickly -- so far, it seems PM is the exact opposite.Personally, I think it would have been a ton better for PM to launch after it had it's act together, not 4-5 months after going live.
Small business have to be able to be very flexible, but they can't introduce software that they haven't aquired the rights to or implemented yet. The have been very versitile so far, introducing lots of free rolls, tons of SNG's, testing out multi tables. If they would have just dropped everything in at once they would not have had the revenue stream to support all the pay outs for free rolls etc. They needed the 10 weeks of rakes, tourny fees and other to be able to support bringing in more staff and implement software changes. BTW THIS IS ALL IMHO so no flamming.Ira

I was unawre of an exclusive fcp tournament... probally cause im a newjack to the site..... at any rate, I think that is a realy good idea and I look forward to playing you all. It would be extra sweet if Daniel himself were to play in the tourny.....