B & M 10 Person Sit & Go

Horrible structure - 1500 starting units, blinds start at 50/100. Top 3 pay. Down to final three, blinds just went up to 400/800, hero on button with 2900, sb (loose passive) with 2600, bb (loose aggressive) with 9500. Hero looks down and has pocket 5's. Limp, push or fold?

Easy push. You have three big blinds and picking this pot up right away is great and it's not horrible if you get called either since you ought to be the fav.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I push. IMO PP 3-handed when you're down more than 3-1 in chips is a no brainer, but I guess that depends on your table image also. SB would be getting less than 2-1 to call, but if he's loose passive maybe he calls with any paint. BB would get 3-1 to call if SB calls but less than 2-1 if SB folds. And if they are both loose players, with a PP you more than likely you triple up. You only have just over 3BB and if you wait for a better hand you'll probably regret it. If either of them wake up with a better hand--that's just poker. I don't think you get a better spot.

Horrible structure - 1500 starting units, blinds start at 50/100. Top 3 pay. Down to final three, blinds just went up to 400/800, hero on button with 2900, sb (loose passive) with 2600, bb (loose aggressive) with 9500. Hero looks down and has pocket 5's. Limp, push or fold?
Play craps instead.This structure is worse than a crapshoot.- Zach
then why are we playing it
Fold. Not close.good luck.
yeah wait until the next hand when you have 27% of your stack in the bb and the the laggy chip leader pushes from the sb. your bound to get a better hand than 55. :club:

Gotta push. Although I am certainly worried that the LAG BB might call with J10s, but ANY PP is quite often the best hand here from the button. Plus if you do get into a race and double up, you'll be right back into potentially winning the tournament.

Shizz: u auto push 55 w/o knowing the payout structure, yet want to fold QQ when the CL pushes from the SB? and your M is barely above the 2 short stacks?w/o knowing the payout here, you could be risking just as much with a much worse hand here.I don't disagree with the push here (although payouts are needed for the correct answer) it's just you seem inconsistent. .

w/o knowing the payout here
I'm assuming it is 50/30/20 (and if it isn't the OP shouldn't have played the SNG in the first place)
you could be risking just as much with a much worse hand here.
Yeah, but in this case I'm already getting paid. Not alot of $$$, but still money. And if I win the race, I'm pretty much freerollin' to try to win the SNG at this point.
yet want to fold QQ when the CL pushes from the SB?* and your M is barely above the 2 short stacks?
The QQ hand I'm not yet paid. And as I mentioned in a later post, I have no idea how the CL has played.....and I am the caller, not the raiser.*Plus I had QQ in a similar experience @ Foxwoods and played it badly. I basically didn't play the player and it cost me money. I don't want to mention it because if I did, people on here would get on me.
The QQ hand I'm not yet paid. And as I mentioned in a later post, I have no idea how the CL has played.....and I am the caller, not the raiser.*Plus I had QQ in a similar experience @ Foxwoods and played it badly. I basically didn't play the player and it cost me money. I don't want to mention it because if I did, people on here would get on me.
I figured GAP theory would come up.that's harldy relvant when someone is all in about every hand with M's so low.If you don't call with QQ, you'll be pushing with A4 and get called by 88 and be in much worse shape. Players that never call all in's are the easiest to play against at this point, imo. Now, I"m not getting crazy..but QQ is an all in calling hand for sure.curious: why do the payouts have to be 50/30/20 for this to be worth playing?
curious: why do the payouts have to be 50/30/20 for this to be worth playing?
Because that is the standard. If you play in a SNG that gives 3rd place its money back, it's not worth the time or the investment. I would much rather it pay the top two 70/30 or 65/45 in that case because you'll at least make a profit for your time spent at the table if you finish top 2.