I Dun' Been Gamblin'

Maybe its me, maybe Im a little delusional, but all of Daniels talk about the big game just gets my blood boiling, makes me want to hit something! I get the feeling that his losses are my losses and the same for the wins. Its funny to say but I am 26 living vicariously through DN...and I suspect there are others....Anyway, just wanted to start the thread and say thanks again DN and everyone that makes this place good.So, how much do you think he was stuck in golf? I'll start the bidding with $1MM.

I am wondering how much he lost in golf too.No one looks at the post this far out of general so you can just post here and let us know Daniel. We promise not to tell.I was thinking about 1 mil or more too. Because he doesn't get sick to his stomach talking about being stuck large amounts in the big game. However it isn't poker so the stakes might be a little lower? Ok my official guess is 1.2 mil. It sounds crazy doesn't it, but if it makes Daniel hurt it must be about that big. :club:

I have to think that $1 million is high. DN plays poker for a living - he knows he is good and he knows he has a significant edge, at least most of the time. In my opinion, based on his recent results, he even has an edge in the big game.However, for him, golf is gambling. It's like him playing blackjack or cutting cards - he's not going to run through his bankroll doing those things. I don't think he'd be willing to give $1 million when he could use that money to play in the big game.I agree that the amount must be high (and I'd really like to know what the number actually is, DN) but I think $1 million is just too much.I'm going to say a quarter million guessing that he lost maybe 10 $25,000 bets.I'm interested to see what others think.

I don't think a million is high at all. If he thinks he has an edge, which he must or he wouldn't wager, then he would bet whatever. If I were playing at those stakes, I'd be taking lessons.

I have played thousands of rounds for what I call BIG MONEY ($100/$200 Nassaus) and what I have learned through the years is you HAVE to WIN the bet on the 1st tee, before anyone tees off.... As for a guess of how much DN lost...I would say a guesstimate is...none of my damn business. The most I have ever lost is $10,500 and the most I have ever won is $25,000 and that was playing in a fivesome playing points/low ball and nassaus...I shot 63, which helped.

I don't think a million is high at all. If he thinks he has an edge, which he must or he wouldn't wager, then he would bet whatever. If I were playing at those stakes, I'd be taking lessons.
Bingo on the lessons...I took my game to the next level when I went down to the David Leadbetter school in Orlando. The Butch Harmon school at the Rio Secco may be a good place to start.Start with the short game (putting and chipping) and practice, practice practice. Making an 8 foot putt or not 3 putting will bring your scores down the quickest. Remember...it's not how far, it's how many. The $$ will be well spent.I am sure OZ, our resident PGA pro will concur.Just my 2-iron, I mean $.02.
I have to think that $1 million is high. I'm going to say a quarter million guessing that he lost maybe 10 $25,000 bets.I'm interested to see what others think.
He was playing with Chip, Doyle, Barry and Ivey, those guys are insane gamblers, with tons of cash. I doubt they'd even be interested in $25,000 bets.

You can be sure that when DN plays golf, the stakes are not "Everybody pay $x to whoever shoots the lowest at each whole and in the total round."

I agree about practicing and lessons, but who needs lessons when you're getting strokes? I will say that having a bad round is just the schits and Daniel hates to lose, so you gotta know that round just killed him. Playing bad AND losing a mill (if true). Ouch. My guess is the next round out with those guys he works the "last bad round" angle, gets a few extra sympathy stokes, and proceeds to get most of his coin back.Heck, all he ever needs is a 1.5% edge, like that sick hand he ran twice, lol.Right D?:D

I have played thousands of rounds for what I call BIG MONEY ($100/$200 Nassaus) and what I have learned through the years is you HAVE to WIN the bet on the 1st tee, before anyone tees off.... As for a guess of how much DN lost...I would say a guesstimate is...none of my damn business. The most I have ever lost is $10,500 and the most I have ever won is $25,000 and that was playing in a fivesome playing points/low ball and nassaus... I shot 63 , which helped.
:club: I bow at your spikes sir...
I have played thousands of rounds for what I call BIG MONEY ($100/$200 Nassaus) and what I have learned through the years is you HAVE to WIN the bet on the 1st tee, before anyone tees off.... As for a guess of how much DN lost...I would say a guesstimate is...none of my damn business. The most I have ever lost is $10,500 and the most I have ever won is $25,000 and that was playing in a fivesome playing points/low ball and nassaus...I shot 63, which helped.
I smell something... Not quite sure what it is... it really smells like shit though
I smell something... Not quite sure what it is... it really smells like shit though
yes.....yes your right it does. If im not mistaken that smells like bull ****.
I am available for a round here in Miami, if you have the $$$ and the time.
yes.....yes your right it does. If im not mistaken that smells like bull ****.
I am available for a round here in Miami, if you have the $$$ and the time.