So, You Want To Fold Kk Preflop, Eh?

Honestly, though, did you think that Live was easier/tougher/same thing..?
Well, I'll say that the reads are certainly easier. I didn't take huge advantage of it, but there were at least a few times where I noticed people behind me were ready to fold, so I raised with absolute junk.I also enjoyed the socializing.That said, I'd say that live is tougher in the sense that you see far fewer hands in the same amount of time. I'm used to seeing ~200 hands per hours, so when I only get to see 25 per hour and go "card dead", it can drive me a bit mental. I'm not sure that I could play live for a living. It's certainly a fun excursion...but after a while, time just seems to drag.
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'll say that the reads are certainly easier. I didn't take huge advantage of it, but there were at least a few times where I noticed people behind me were ready to fold, so I raised with absolute junk.I also enjoyed the socializing.That said, I'd say that live is tougher in the sense that you see far fewer hands in the same amount of time. I'm used to seeing ~200 hands per hours, so when I only get to see 25 per hour and go "card dead", it can drive me a bit mental. I'm not sure that I could play live for a living. It's certainly a fun excursion...but after a while, time just seems to drag.
Meh..That's why I love it. My local B&M the dealers move pretty quick, and we usually get 35-40 hands an hour in. I do enjoy the socializing, and the tells/reads/physical motions make life astoundingly easier. A lot of it too, probably has to do with me knowing a lot of the people I play with. So, if I am card dead, I can wander around the room and say hello. Interesting, though. End stuck, ahead or even?
Interesting, though. End stuck, ahead or even?
Depends on if you count the two WSOPC event buy-ins. =)If you don't count them, up $120 in the cash games after about 14 hours. Dug myself a nice little $400 hole in the 2/5 NL game on the first night. Climbed out of it playing 1/2 NL and 20/40 Limit a couple nights later.

Wow, its truly scary this thread has gone on this long.....Dags was joking about the hand, i saw this post and asked him about it. He has folded kings preflop once before and was correct when he did it. In this situation it would be ridiculous to fold kings and he just said it as a joke. It was a fairly obvious ak he was against and if it was aces, so be it. But the way it played and the position of the players, foldings kings would be bad. Funny this thread got this much thought though about something he said as a joke.

Wow, its truly scary this thread has gone on this long.....Dags was joking about the hand, i saw this post and asked him about it. He has folded kings preflop once before and was correct when he did it. In this situation it would be ridiculous to fold kings and he just said it as a joke. It was a fairly obvious ak he was against and if it was aces, so be it. But the way it played and the position of the players, foldings kings would be bad. Funny this thread got this much thought though about something he said as a joke.
It's funny that you didn't realize the irony I had intended by posting it....I would never suggest that D'Agostino was a donk for making this call--in reality, you're just not real familiar with the history of this forum and it's apparent want to lay KK down preflop with regularity.