least favorite hand by far

:diamondsj: :spadesj: Jacks are by far the worst starting hand in poker. I have lost more money and been so overcommited by reraises on my preflop raises. Also In tourney play when I am the big stack I will always pick up jacks and the small stack will always go all in with rags and catch on me, cracking my worthless jacks with three outs. Does anyone else have this problem with Jacks, or is their another hand (besides a 2 7off) that you just hate to get becasue you almost always have to play it when you dont want to.

K-1o and Q-10Terrible. Nothing good ever seems to come from those hands.
Robert Varkonyi won the 2002 World Series of Poker on QT, so he probably disagrees with you that nothing good ever came from it (:
K-1o and Q-10Terrible. Nothing good ever seems to come from those hands.
Robert Varkonyi won the 2002 World Series of Poker on QT, so he probably disagrees with you that nothing good ever came from it (:
I guess every winning hand heads up at the end of a tournament is a great hand then. 10-2... When Gordon took out 2 people with A7o or whatever it was. Doesn't make them good hands. Any hand can win heads up.

I hate to say it, as negativity seems so easy to come by on the internet, but If these hands are really you're real worst hands, then you are playing incorrectly, and probably overvalue your pairs when getting action. My worst hand is 32o, because I just can't resist playing it hard. We all have our little weaknesses.

I hate to say it, as negativity seems so easy to come by on the internet, but If these hands are really you're real worst hands, then you are playing incorrectly, and probably overvalue your pairs when getting action. My worst hand is 32o, because I just can't resist playing it hard. We all have our little weaknesses.
I didn't say it was MY worst hand... because I don't play it anymore. But they are the worst hands, that most people will still play.

i would have to say jacks as well, but then I went all inn with a set of jacks today against, qj and runner runner queen come, its not bad enought to be a 97.3 favorite to win but to have it be jacks just convinces me they are evil :twisted:

The last two times I was at a table and there was a conversation about how much JJ sux, I get it right after the conversation and get rid of it right before another jack hits that would have paid me off big. Here's what happened the last time:The other night I was playing 1-1-2 NL $100 max buy-in at my local card room. They started a new table from the list and I like being one of the first at a NL table, level playing field and all. So, about 30 minutes into the game, I have $70 left of my original $100 and I look down at JJ UTG. UGH is more like it. So, I just limp in, as we have been seeing a flop with no or minimal raise generally so far. Another limp and then a raise of $15 (by the loosest player at the table), then a re-raise of $85 all-in, then the button calls $61 all-in, SB folds, BB folds and it's back to me. UGH, I'm thinking the $85 all-in is probably a coin flip, but the button probably has QQ, KK or AA, so I turned to the guy to my left who had already folded and said, "I'm gonna hit this flop watch, but I just can't call". He said, yeah good fold.The original $15 raiser had the $85 covered and called.board comes 7J2 5 9 rainbow.Original raiser - 33First all-in - AKSecond all-in - AApot size $242It's funny cause the 33 said he didn't know what the heck he was doing in the hand and we all laughed and told him we were thinking the same thing. I went on tilt the rest of the night making bad decisions along the way. That seat haunted me for the next two hours with 83, 72, T4, Q3 and so on, so I moved to another seat and the very first hand with someone in my old seat they got KK and doubled up.Should I have raised UTG with JJ? Should I have called for a shot at quadrupling up? I just don't know how to play those damn jacks from early position in a NL ring game.So yeah, Jacks are bothering me at the moment!

A :) K :D by far the last 2 months... I gasp when i see it anymore...The bad part about it is "according to pokertracker" this is the hand i get the most.. I've played it every way possible (loose,tight,slow,fast) and just can't get out of the slump with this hand. I think i could win the next 10 st8 with this hand and it still will be my biggest net loss with poker tracker...that's how bad it is compared to any other hand :cry:

I have lost over $500 in the last 2 days running into sets when I have AA after we get all the money in before the flop so I guess thats my least favorite hand right now.

:heartsj: :spadesj: by far. OMG, how many times have I raised with these puppies to get overcards on the flop and have to fold. Too many times to count. Ugh, you think they are supreme, but the only hands I worry about calling always come out on the board. Worst.Hand.Ever.

Not sure why, but I hate J2 so much that I'm becoming personally offended when I get it. Especially online when I see the Jack first and think, "Maybe..." and then get slapped with an offsuit deuce. Lame; very lame.

Not sure why, but I hate J2 so much that I'm becoming personally offended when I get it. Especially online when I see the Jack first and think, "Maybe..." and then get slapped with an offsuit deuce. Lame; very lame.
I don't mind hands like J2 at all, as I can't lose much money with them, cause I'll be folding them most of the time. I know what you mean about looking at paint and then just knowing the other card is gonna be a 2 or 3.
Guest Anonymous

i have to agree that jacks are bad but itsmostly because people can't get rid of them and end up losing more money than they should.