Was It Correct To Call The All In?

5 handed game.I’m small blind (A :D 8 :D )He’s in last position (A :) Q :) )I have 750kHe has 450kBlinds 6k 12kTwo others fold pre flopHe limps in for 12k (with A :) Q :) ) Flop: 2 :club: 7 :D Q :) I checkBB checksHe bets 12kI call 12kbb foldsTurn: A :) I bet 50kHe goes all in 435k(In my head, I have 14 outs, not putting him on AQ since he limped)I callRiver: K :) It was a winner take all 580 person tournament. It was the fifth hour. I wouldn't have recieved anything for 2nd place. Was it correct to call the all in?

5 handed with the ace and flush draw, I would call.In the future rattoe, when you post a hand, you will get better answers if you don't post the villian's hand. It makes it too easy for someone to say "clearly you're beat" when they know that you did lose it.Welcome to FCP

5 handed with the ace and flush draw, I would call.In the future rattoe, when you post a hand, you will get better answers if you don't post the villian's hand. It makes it too easy for someone to say "clearly you're beat" when they know that you did lose it.Welcome to FCP
Thanks for the tip. Makes perfectly good sense to me.
Terrible call...
Since I'm trying to learn from it and gain perspective, can you give me some feedback on why? thanks.
raise flop
Yeah I totally could've done that. Good point. I think my logic was bad there. I was getting greedy and was looking to furtively catch a flush or top pair with Aces. That was poor thinking though since my kicker was an 8. The flush is a longshot too.As for whoever said winner take all is crazy....It was a free roll with winner getting an entry to a 500k online tourney.

When you made it $50K to go there was an even $100K in the pot. His raise to $435K, made it $385K to you with $535K in the pot. It sounds like you put him on a better A, but even leaving aside what we know in hindsight, it's doubtful you get an all in raise in that position with an A-9 through A-J, or even A-K. Look at the play. You limped and checked the flop, but called when he bet 1/3 of the pot. The only draw is for the flush, so what did your $50K bet on the turn mean? There you could have A-K, A-7, A-Q, a set or a bluff, although with a set or A-Q and first to act you might check and hope for a bet (since he fired on the flop). So when you bet and he went all in, it's likely he can beat A-K and A-7. In that circumstance you may be drawing only for the flush, and your likely best case scenario is 12 outs. In that light $385K into a $535K, when your odds of hitting are 1 in 4, was not the best call, even with the extra value you had for the possibility that he was just racing with nothing. I agree you should have raised the flop. My 2 cents worth.

When you made it $50K to go there was an even $100K in the pot. His raise to $435K, made it $385K to you with $535K in the pot. It sounds like you put him on a better A, but even leaving aside what we know in hindsight, it's doubtful you get an all in raise in that position with an A-9 through A-J, or even A-K. Look at the play. You limped and checked the flop, but called when he bet 1/3 of the pot. The only draw is for the flush, so what did your $50K bet on the turn mean? There you could have A-K, A-7, A-Q, a set or a bluff, although with a set or A-Q and first to act you might check and hope for a bet (since he fired on the flop). So when you bet and he went all in, it's likely he can beat A-K and A-7. In that circumstance you may be drawing only for the flush, and your likely best case scenario is 12 outs. In that light $385K into a $535K, when your odds of hitting are 1 in 4, was not the best call, even with the extra value you had for the possibility that he was just racing with nothing. I agree you should have raised the flop. My 2 cents worth.
Great insight. Exactly what I needed to hear. thanks. I guess I wasn't reading him correctly. I got paranoid and thought he was bluffing.
Well-deconstructed. And, OP ... change your avatar. I can't deal with the concept.
Well-deconstructed. And, OP ... change your avatar. I can't deal with the concept.
I gotta imagine OP is me huh?C'mon now, it feels good to have the nuts. :club:
What was that?Sorry I was too busy watching the guy getting his nuts pounded in
How much does that service go for in your area? It's $150 for a half hour around here....
5 handed game.I’m small blind (A :D 8 :D )He’s in last position (A :) Q :) )I have 750kHe has 450kBlinds 6k 12kTwo others fold pre flopHe limps in for 12k (with A :) Q :) ) Flop: 2 :club: 7 :D Q :) I checkBB checksHe bets 12kI call 12kbb foldsTurn: A :) I bet 50kHe goes all in 435k(In my head, I have 14 outs, not putting him on AQ since he limped)I callRiver: K :) It was a winner take all 580 person tournament. It was the fifth hour. I wouldn't have recieved anything for 2nd place. Was it correct to call the all in?
This whole hand you played it very passively. I would have wanted you to stick a raise in there somewher- preflop, on the flop. As it was, you had no idea what your opponent has. As played, you gotta call.