I Don't Think It Was That Hard A Laydown

I'm playing a home game tournament last night and early on I get dealt QC 9H in the button. Three players see the flop and it comes 10H JH AH. It's checked to me and I put out a feeler bet and get two callers. Turn comes KH. First player bets and second person raises. I take a couple minutes before I decide to fold. First player re-raises all in and gets called. Sure enough, he has the QH for the royal. I let everyone know what I folded and they're just simply amazed I had the ability to lay it down. I didn't think it was that difficult a fold. Maybe that's why I ended up winning the tournament :)Is that an easy fold for anyone else?

That's the one card that puts you out of the tourney early so unless you have a real strong tell on your opponent that he doesn't have you beat or unless you got short-stacked early, you should wait for a better opportunity to get it all to the center IMO.

I'm playing a home game tournament last night and early on I get dealt QC 9H in the button. Three players see the flop and it comes 10H JH AH. It's checked to me and I put out a feeler bet and get two callers. Turn comes KH. First player bets and second person raises. I take a couple minutes before I decide to fold. First player re-raises all in and gets called. Sure enough, he has the QH for the royal. I let everyone know what I folded and they're just simply amazed I had the ability to lay it down. I didn't think it was that difficult a fold. Maybe that's why I ended up winning the tournament :)Is that an easy fold for anyone else?
This is the first time I have done this.............tp/mm :club:

In a home game, I dealt a very similar situation. The guy with the 9 didn't lay it down.It's a weird feeling to deal someone a Royal when you've played thousands upon thousands more hands than him and never gotten one yourself.

In a home game, I dealt a very similar situation. The guy with the 9 didn't lay it down.It's a weird feeling to deal someone a Royal when you've played thousands upon thousands more hands than him and never gotten one yourself.
The second time my friend Jill showed up to our home game, I dealt her a Royal. And by dealt, I mean flopped. Best part? Guy next to her flopped a set of kings.

I once folded pocket queens when an ace and king came on flop, and there was a bet, a raise and a reraise.The queens ended up being goodSo was that a bad fold?

I once folded pocket queens when an ace and king came on flop, and there was a bet, a raise and a reraise.The queens ended up being goodSo was that a bad fold?
No Balloon guy.
absolutely. how the hell didnt you know your underpair was good? god, everyone knows you bet out when your cards look that pretty. sw
hindsight is 20/20.And on that basis, yes, you mad a bad fold.