Full Tilt PokerLimit Holdem Ring game9 playersConverterPre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with :D:club: UTG calls, 3 folds, MP3 calls, 2 folds, SB raises, Hero foldsanyone call here?4th hand at the table.

With jacks, I think it's definitely worth it.
He has Jack King off.If you're good at post flop play (which I think you are) I think calling is fine, and I think folding is okay. It's probably close.Obviously dont fold JJ, for the record.
eh. its ok i suppose. I call because playing is fun
Haha, yup. In marginal situations (if I feel I'm playing well, which is rarer than one might think), I almost always call because:a) my negative edge is smallB) playing is func) the more experience you have in every situation, the easier it is to play the game, and the better you get. playing is the only way to learn, and occassionally taking the worst of it is good from an experience standpoint. Like, if you win the pot, you'll get like 25 EXPERIENCE POINTS, and you might level up sooner. Then, you can give yourself +1 strength and +1 agility or something. Or, if you're a wizard, you can make your mana bar bigger. But god help you if you're a faggoty ass rogue or a thief or something, because then, fuck you. Seriously. It's no fun if you just sneak around all stealthy-like and have to gain experience by picking people's pockets or disarming mines or bombs or something. Blow someone up, or slash him to bits or something.Also, support magic sucks.Wang
Haha, yup. In marginal situations (if I feel I'm playing well, which is rarer than one might think), I almost always call because:a) my negative edge is smallB) playing is func) the more experience you have in every situation, the easier it is to play the game, and the better you get. playing is the only way to learn, and occassionally taking the worst of it is good from an experience standpoint. Like, if you win the pot, you'll get like 25 EXPERIENCE POINTS, and you might level up sooner. Then, you can give yourself +1 strength and +1 agility or something. Or, if you're a wizard, you can make your mana bar bigger. But god help you if you're a faggoty ass rogue or a thief or something, because then, fuck you. Seriously. It's no fun if you just sneak around all stealthy-like and have to gain experience by picking people's pockets or disarming mines or bombs or something. Blow someone up, or slash him to bits or something.Also, support magic sucks.Wang
Wang,you've brought up c) in the past - though this time it is more metaphorically hilarious - and I think it's some of the best advice on this site. If you ever visit newfoundland, drinks are on me.
Wang,you've brought up c) in the past - though this time it is more metaphorically hilarious - and I think it's some of the best advice on this site. If you ever visit newfoundland, drinks are on me.
I'll admit, I've been checking the LimitForum every hour or so, hoping I got a response to ©. I'm especially proud of the line "Also, support magic sucks."I have no plans to make my way out to Newfoundland anytime soon, but if you're in the states, the same offer applies. Wang
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Full Tilt PokerLimit Holdem Ring game9 playersConverterPre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with :D:club: UTG calls, 3 folds, MP3 calls, 2 folds, SB raises, Hero foldsanyone call here?4th hand at the table.
look how mny bets are out there! Your getting correct odds to call. can't always be waiting for AA GL
look how mny bets are out there! Your getting correct odds to call. can't always be waiting for AA GL
Meh, such poor visibility.They don't call KJo a trap hand for nothing.Sure, we are getting good odds, but it's hard to not lose a lot when we make a 2nd best hand, and it's hard to make a lot when we are ahead.I fold PF.- Zach
I think that's a pretty easy call myself. Yes, you will have to play any top pair type hands carefully, but you do have position on the raiser, and should be able to find out quickly if your hand is good.Fell

You have to assume UTG and MP3 are coming along. So it's an easy call unless you have a good read on the SB and he is super tight and rarely raises.

Easy call. Position on the raiser + good pot odds. Easy to dump if you dont like the flop. Easy to isolate if you like the flop since the pf raiser autobets most of the time.

With all the bets in the pot I think a call is good here though it's probably marginal. You obviously can't get very attached to the hand if the flop isn't suitable.

Folding here with 7 to 1 odds is uber weak/tight.