This is from memory a couple of days ago; just sat at the table and it's my 2nd hand at the table.I have 68xx in the SB - 3 limpers, I complete and BB calls. Flop is 79Q with two hearts (I don't have any).It checks around and turn is the 5c so I now have the nut straight. I pot it, three folds and the button calls.River is a 9d which pairs the board.I checked and Button pots it.I didn't bet on the river because I felt that villain folds if he's beat and raises if he hit his card. With no reads, is this a call?

Yes. He could have a variety of hands. He could have a set, straight, or busted flush draw. Plus, by the way he played the hand, if he had a set or Q9 wouldn't of he bet before this point? This sames awfully fishy.

I agree with greatwhite. You have to call. He could have hit a set of fives on the turn, or played passively with bottom two, but he will be bluffing often enough to make a call correct.

im not sure i agree with those guys.i assume he is only calling the turn pot with a decent draw, whether it be a wrap draw, flush, set or possibly two pair. by potting it he is offering you poor pot odds on your call.basically i guess the question is if he is likely to bluff this card, and whether he would bluff it with a pot bet. i've never played 3/6 PLO, but it really seems to come down to whether you think this opponent (or with no specific read, an unknown at that limit/game) is likely to bluff that card in that fashion.if he is likely to bluff, then only one of several draws came through, so go ahead and call, but it seems like your immediate odds on a call are not great if he isn't likely to be bluffing.

I've also never played that high, but it's been my experience in lowstakes PLO that people love to bluff bet the river when you check to them. I've won tons of money calling with two pair, low flushes, and so on in similar situations. So if I think that my opponent is representing a hand he's not likely to have given the previous action, I'm calling every time.

if he had any set or top two on the flop he is certainly betting it and not checking, so i really think you can eliminate those hands. if he was in EP you could argue that he was checking to raise but he checked on the button. this looks to be a standard bluff after a weak looking check. ( a busted heart draw would not surprise me at all). if he is playing an underfull such as 55 like this, then unlucky and hopefully you can cripple him later when you hold the nut FH. this is why playing oop in PLO can get so ugly and expensive, as people in position love to make plays on scare cards like this. so look to check here on the river once in a while when you hold a big hand, and hopefully you can re pot them and crush their underfull. in the future just muck this hand from the SB with a player like this on the button.

the only hands that beat you that kind of make sense for him are 77xx or 99xx and even those hands probably lead the flop. i probably call.