Bodog 3/6 NLHE (4-handed)CO $282SB $634Cobalt $648Cobalt is BB w/ 9 :) 9 :). SB is calling station-esque. He doesn't usually get aggressive without something pretty good.Pre-flop:CO raises to $12, 1 fold, SB calls, Cobalt callsFlop ($36): 2 :D 9 :D 3 :club: (3 players)SB checks, Cobalt checks, CO checksTurn ($36): J :) (3 players)SB checks, Cobalt checks, CO bets $36, SB min-raises to $72, Cobalt re-raises to $162, 1 fold, SB callsRiver ($396): J :D (2 players)SB bets $460 all-in, Cobalt ?

Call.You're against either AJ or a smaller boat almost every single time, I think. I'd imagine he thinks he caught you with that second J.

I think call. You raised so 2-2 and 3-3 are more likely than J-2 or J-3. J-9 is less likely because there is just one 9 left. Payoff quads. But MAN...is he ever telling you that you ar beat. I guess quads?just saw that the PF raise was only a min raise so I guess he *could* have J-2.J-3, if their soooted. Based on your read it makes it tough..but i like going broke with two pair, so what do i know.

I would've bet out on the flop, small enough to get called, if you get called or raised you have a better idea of what you are dealing with. My gut reaction is you can call here. If he turns up J9, well, that sucks. I don't think he has JJ, or why would he raise on the turn? Or not re-raise when you showed interest? If he has JJ, well, that's poker.I'm calling this betIf he is calling-station esque I'd bet he has AJ/KJ/QJ/J10/22/33. If he turns up jacks full, well, that's poker.Monty

jacks full seems pretty unlikely.seems like 2-2 and 33 are extremely likely here.JJ also a possibility, but i think he's more likely to call the turn and push the river with 22 and 33 than JJ .

The problem here is my read. In order for him to min-check-raise this turn and then call my re-raise, he almost has to have two pair or better. If he's got a set of 2s or 3s, I expect that he'd push the turn.

what the fun is up with the overbet on the river?seriously.if he has J2/J3/J9 and plays it like that good for him. He'd essentially be saying to you that he knows you only could of had a set on the turn and he knew you would be calling.now to say that would be absurd. If he did have you, don't sweat it. Cold deck...whatever...i make this call almost every time...however, i have been in situations where I've put a guy on 1 specific hand, straight up, and then hit my hand, although it wasn't a nut hand, and overplayed into the exact hand he had. I tell myself when I do this to just remember the times I really am certain of an opponents cards and go with that read...but it's quite difficult to do every time. you can do it every once in a while...like the recent post you folding KK 5 handed preflop...but man, I really would have to have an absurd read to fold this...and those reads only happen every once in a blue moon.- Jordan

however, i have been in situations where I've put a guy on 1 specific hand, straight up, and then hit my hand, although it wasn't a nut hand, and overplayed into the exact hand he had. I tell myself when I do this to just remember the times I really am certain of an opponents cards and go with that read...but it's quite difficult to do every time. you can do it every once in a while...
Word man, word.
The fact that you're posting this leads me to believe that he had you beat.
In this case, you would be correct, sir. I couldn't bring myself to fold, and in fact I called rather quickly ("He could have 33/22!"), but he had one of the hands I'd read him for...J9. Lost way too many sets yesterday.
were you planning to checkraise the flop?
Probably. CO wasn't a very good player...so I wanted him to get attached to the hand.
How is this anything but a call?
By default, it's an easy call. The problem is the read.
It's not foldable because within his range, I would think j9 would be the most unlikely as a call preflop from 33,22 and AJ seems much more likely than j9.
Let me provide an example of a later hand with the same opponent...I made a standard open-raise with AQo in the CO. Other two folded. He called. Flop K54r. He checks. I bet 2/3 pot. He calls. Turn 5. He checks. I bet half pot. He calls. River K. He checks. I check. I take the pot cause he holds 62o. So basically, J9 and J3/J2 are actually in his range to a min-raise.I have to have the best hand ~1/3 of the time to make this call correct. Based on my read, he has 33/22/trip Js 20% of the time, something truly bizarre 5% of the time, and JJ/J9/J3/J2 75% of the time.
Flop K54r. He checks. I bet 2/3 pot. He calls. Turn 5. He checks. I bet half pot. He calls. River K. He checks. I check. I take the pot cause he holds 62o.
What!! that just tells me he is a complete donkey!! Now you gotta call. Who cares if he has chips. And I didn't realize people still made calls like this at 3-6!! I need to get a bigger bankroll...
What!! that just tells me he is a complete donkey!! Now you gotta call. Who cares if he has chips. And I didn't realize people still made calls like this at 3-6!! I need to get a bigger bankroll...
The difference between that and this is that he's generally passive without a really good hand.
The difference between that and this is that he's generally passive without a really good hand.
Yeah, I understood that from your original post. The call moves from "auto" to "reluctant" based on your read, which was my first impression. But when you first said passive-caller, I imagined a guy being passive with TP or maybe even two pair, NOT with a 6 high gut shot on a paired board!! haha. I was just expressing my surprise to see poor calls from a 3-6 player. Or, maybe that is his game...check-call till river, if monster, PUSH! I guess you fell for it with your fifth-nut full house. You seem to be a good player to even be questioning your call, so I hope that when I do get the 3-6 bankroll, this donkey is still there and U have moved on...he sounds predictable.
Yeah, I understood that from your original post. The call moves from "auto" to "reluctant" based on your read, which was my first impression. But when you first said passive-caller, I imagined a guy being passive with TP or maybe even two pair, NOT with a 6 high gut shot on a paired board!! haha. I was just expressing my surprise to see poor calls from a 3-6 player. Or, maybe that is his game...check-call till river, if monster, PUSH! I guess you fell for it with your fifth-nut full house. You seem to be a good player to even be questioning your call, so I hope that when I do get the 3-6 bankroll, this donkey is still there and U have moved on...he sounds predictable.
Played with him again today...though I didn't really interact with him at all. I did watch an interesting pot develop between him and another player though. It should interest you...Bodog 3/6 NLHEUTG limped, MP (opponent in question) called, CO called, I folded, SB called, BB checkedFlop: 8c 5c 5dchecks aroundTurn: 3hUTG bets $10, MP raises to $20, folds, UTG callsRiver: 6cUTG checks, MP pushes in for $400, UTG calls $240 all-inUTG shows KKMP shows 88My notes now say "Pushes in with nut house on river." :club:
Played with him again today...though I didn't really interact with him at all. I did watch an interesting pot develop between him and another player though. It should interest you...Bodog 3/6 NLHEUTG limped, MP (opponent in question) called, CO called, I folded, SB called, BB checkedFlop: 8c 5c 5dchecks aroundTurn: 3hUTG bets $10, MP raises to $20, folds, UTG callsRiver: 6cUTG checks, MP pushes in for $400, UTG calls $240 all-inUTG shows KKMP shows 88My notes now say "Pushes in with nut house on river." :club:
Push on the river was kinda wierd. Just for the record I think you made a good call with 99 and he made a bad one with KK. You had incredible pot odds to call with a strong hand. He had terrible pot odds and tons of possible holdings that beat him, especially in an unraised pot against someone with a tendancy to play loose preflop. There a possible boat, flush, straight or trips that beat his measly 2 pr. and he calls a $400 raise (well only $240 actually) into a $70 pot???? My only advice is to play with them often and take all their money, Cobalt. Can Canadians play on Bodog yet?
Push on the river was kinda wierd. Just for the record I think you made a good call with 99 and he made a bad one with KK. You had incredible pot odds to call with a strong hand. He had terrible pot odds and tons of possible holdings that beat him, especially in an unraised pot against someone with a tendancy to play loose preflop. There a possible boat, flush, straight or trips that beat his measly 2 pr. and he calls a $400 raise (well only $240 actually) into a $70 pot???? My only advice is to play with them often and take all their money, Cobalt. Can Canadians play on Bodog yet?
Oh yeah...terrible call on KK's part. Wasn't comparing the hands more than to say that the guy obviously likes to push rivers with houses.Don't know if they let Canadians play yet.