Treo 650

After all this talk about the Treo 650 and how awesome it is, i was thinking about picking one up. Then one of other pilot friends told me she was selling hers to buy that new pocket pc 6700 thing, so i bought hers. It is the coolest thing in the entire world. Other than getting email forwarding to the phone i can get real-time dopler radar in the airplane, as well as any airport information. It definitly rocks my world.

I have one, but I don't think I utlize it to its fullest potential. Waht kind of software do you have for it? Also, I was thinking about getting the Bluetooth GPS for it because it's only $200, as opposed to the $600+ it costs for a new all in one unit.

After all this talk about the Treo 650 and how awesome it is, i was thinking about picking one up. Then one of other pilot friends told me she was selling hers to buy that new pocket pc 6700 thing, so i bought hers. It is the coolest thing in the entire world. Other than getting email forwarding to the phone i can get real-time dopler radar in the airplane, as well as any airport information. It definitly rocks my world.
Can you use the cell phone to play poker online? More importantly, can you see the cards before they are dealt using Treo 650?
i thought using cell phones on airplanes was bad...
using cell phone on IFR commercial flight plans is bad.not bad when flying yourself around in a skyhawk when the sun is shining and you can see 30 miles.

I have the PPC-6700 and I love it. Its my camera,mp3 player, PDA, phone... the whole nine.Its amazing and if you are technically inclined or work in corporate America you should not be without this device....

I have the PPC-6700 and I love it. Its my camera,mp3 player, PDA, phone... the whole nine.Its amazing and if you are technically inclined or work in corporate America you should not be without this device....
have to admit, that machine is incredible.my co pilot paid $700+ for it...only set back
The Treo is segzy. Especially since you can drop it, and it still works. That's really my only qualifier for "good electronics." Everything else is secondary.
once apple makes an ipod that can do that and ill buy my third and final ipod.
once apple makes an ipod that can do that and ill buy my third and final ipod.
I already killed my 3rd Ipod.In fact, my history of Ipods is exactly what made me post my post. They cannot be dropped... slightly bumped, or tapped, without breaking.
I already killed my 3rd Ipod.In fact, my history of Ipods is exactly what made me post my post. They cannot be dropped... slightly bumped, or tapped, without breaking.
Maybe I've just been lucky with my iPods, but I bought a second-generation one, the first Windows-compatible generation, back in October of '03. I dropped it more than once, and it still worked perfectly when I sold it to my brother in November '04. He's clumsy, so I'm sure he's dropped it as well; it still works today, although the battery life leaves something to be desired. I think that's more because of its age than any abuse.

our treo 650's that we just got a few months ago were great, but having a lot of problems with them. random crashes, dumping info, just plain deciding not to work for unkown reasons. love mine, but don't get too hooked on it, you'll be pi**ed when it quits working for no apparent reason....

Had my 650 since last june and love it. Haven't really had any problems with it. Once in awhile (if there are TONS of pics and videos on it), it gets a little slow, but otherwise it's pretty amazing. Just out of this world the amount of software out there for pdas now.I'm driving in the car from the Masters to play golf in Birmingham and checked my email in the car on the phone and found out a shirt I had bought there had sold.Random comment, but really the idea of checking all my email on the phone is pretty rockin'.My Treo definitely knows more about me than I know about him (not a her..safer that way).

using cell phone on IFR commercial flight plans is bad.not bad when flying yourself around in a skyhawk when the sun is shining and you can see 30 miles.
Not necessarily bad, but still illegal as hell.