Who's Coming To Russia With Me?

I must have ran into some Russians who believed the myth then...oh well.
You might be right in the hinterlands of Russia as far as the availability of quality jeans. I haven't ventured out to those areas and my experience has mainly been in the larger, more industrialized cities.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, thanks for all the responses. They are running the bigger satellites the next four Sunday's, so hopefully I can qualify and get a seat.

Ugh, why Russia?
1)Ive always wanted to go there, but probably never would.2)I need all the live experience I can get before the WSOP.3)I like vodka, alot.4)Its a relatively cheap buy-in so it won't be impossible to qualify.
Hey guys, thanks for all the responses. They are running big satellites the next four Saturday's, so hopefully I can qualify and get a seat.1)Ive always wanted to go there, but probably never would.2)I need all the live experience I can get before the WSOP.3)I like vodka, alot.4)Its a realitively cheap buy-in so it won't be impossible to qualify.
Go with Russian Standard...**** is epic.
I can't find it anywhere, but Im assuming its 21.
Nope its actually 18! YEAH! Here is an email reply from tournaments@partypoker.comDear Mike,Thank you for contacting us.The eligibility criteria for St. Petersburg Open Tournament is for players who are 18 yrs and above.Please get back to us for further clarification.Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!SumanthPartyPoker Customer Care
Nope its actually 18! YEAH! Here is an email reply from tournaments@partypoker.comDear Mike,Thank you for contacting us.The eligibility criteria for St. Petersburg Open Tournament is for players who are 18 yrs and above.Please get back to us for further clarification.Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!SumanthPartyPoker Customer Care
Gl in the qualifiers.
ok ill bite , what the hell kind of name is Sumanth????

If you want to see something funny, bring some Kentucky Whiskey. Those Russians can drink vodka like it was water, but they cannot handle the whiskey. Do not ask me why, I cannot make sense of it, but man is it funny!

I lived and studied in Russia, mainly in Moscow but have been to St. Pete many times. I was studying for an advanced degree in Russian History, but I am not so sure about the poker scene over there. I know there are quite a few clubs in Moscow, but I can't say w/any certainty the same is true for Petersburg. If you are going there in the summer time, bring your mosquito repellent and some sort of mask that you can wear while sleeping. It gets dark around 3 am and the sun comes back up around 6 am, so sleeping can be kind of difficult. If you like women, then my friend you are going to the right place. Jesus Christ the women over there are hot. Don't ever pay for a real cab, just hail a car down (trust me on this one, I know it sounds weird) the street and you can get a cheap ride anywhere in the city from a regular citizen.Learn the metro and bring your drinking hat. The beer over there is very good and quite cheap. The hookers are also very good and relatively cheap (so I hear....).Anyway, if you want to know more, let me know. And no, people are not going to buy Levi's over there. Contrary to popular belief food and decent clothing are readily available.War John Stockton
I'm sold
I'm sold
So we all gotta qualify. We'll tear up russia together.Next time.... remind me not to bluff into a moron.This is what i did.I have TT... Raise preflop. Flop is AJ9... utg bets into me but very weak bet. I call, figuring i'm gonna steal this later. Ace on the turn, and another very weak bet, so i'm sure he's got a 9 or J for sure. I raise the turn. He calls me. River is a 9, so the board is AJ9A9... he checks to me again... so I figure, he's got a J or a 9 at best, so I put him all-in for 1500, and figure, no way he calls without an ace here. Well.. I was wrong, he calls me with 9T, and takes it down. I was left with 500 chips and pissed off and out soon after.Don't do that!
I just saw Party is offering satellites to this tournament starting this weekend:http://www.partypoker.com/news/items/saint...sburg_open.htmlWe should have some FCPers qualify for this. Has anyone ever been to St. Petersburg? If so what is it like?
Never in a million fu*king years.Good luck getting OUT of Russia my friend. do NOT go. Period.(trust me on this one pal)
Any reasons for this?
I was in the military with a top secret clearance, and I still have many friends and family in the "know", some of whom still serving as federal air marshals.Let's just say Russia isn't at the top of our list of places to be.(Nothing agianst Russians mind you, very decent people for the most part.)That's it.Peace!

Whos playing in the $140 Sat today? I will be registering soon under the name JohnnyR0cket good luck to everyone who is in it and if we get some FCPers far into the tournament we should get some railers to support FCP.

Sorry to double post but Im also trying to bump this topic... I have a question it says that it awards 1 package for every 36 players so does that mean...Say 144 people enter the tournament does that mean Top 4 finishers go to Russia? 36*4 = 144 Is this right?

UK, Ireland, Norway,Finland, Holland, France, Russia and Germany freeroll with 912 entrants, 1 seat at st petersburg, im at the FT but i dont think its gonna last....beeen card dead for the last hour. man i'd love to go to russia!

UK, Ireland, Norway,Finland, Holland, France, Russia and Germany freeroll with 912 entrants, 1 seat at st petersburg, im at the FT but i dont think its gonna last....beeen card dead for the last hour. man i'd love to go to russia!
Good luck